Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Wow some of you guys are a special kinda stupid. So I'll type slow. I. DON'T. LIKE. THE. CAMARO. INTERIOR. I. DON'T. LIKE. THE. CAMARO. VISIBILITY.
That's not slow.. that's just loud :-) T H I S I S S L O W A N D L O U D

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I cross shopped the Camara vs Challenger, Charger and Mustang. At 6' 4" with a long back I found the Camaro the worst, the Challenger was suprisingly bad for me the head liner was low enough I had to crouch down to see traffic lights when stopped at junctions and the door mounted side mirrors bothered me more than I thought they would. The Camaro was poor ergonomics at my size, had massive blind spots and wasn't something I wanted to daily drive. The Charger was best for me for comfort and visibility but ultimately the Mustang won

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You're too stupid to use blind spot? Lol, stop regurgitating stuff you see on the internet. If you can't see out of a zl1 and feel you can't make a clean lean change with blind spot monitoring you shouldn't be on the road.

Interior doesn't suck either.
Are you trying to convince us the interior doesn’t suck or yourself? :like:

And seriously if your Camaro is so amazing why arnt you in the Camaro circle jerk forum?

You spend your time on a Mustang forum raving about your Camaro :cwl: seems like you just want attention.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
as an ex gm employee I aught to be driving a camaro in the original posters question.
In my 24 yrs at a gm plant ive seen a lot of quality systems implemented and have a lot of faith in gm's quality having gone up.
one point I decided on a premium sports car and it narrowed to a vette vs audi TT choice, and I bought the audi. Funny how one thing sticks, but looking at the audi it had optically coated glass in the display face vs plastic on the vette, audi also had dupont invent a new material for the door pad and dash, they actually went pretty hard into design for quality components. Once I made that connection, I couldnt ignore the cheap instrument cluster component dragging down my impression of the vette.
corvette was gm's premium tech platform .... vette and cadillac always had the most interesting presentations of new tech being implemented.
Camaro was aimed at the blue collar guys price point and built to a lower cost platform.
I see mustang and camaro as pretty comparable platforms, all manufacturers have upped their game in quality systems with a focus on customer satisfaction. I dont think ford or gm hold much of a lead over each other ... but they are no audi or mercedes.
for me, since the platforms are similar quality and price ,,, its style. Which do you prefer.
Having owned a mustang as my first car decades ago, and it being the one I remember most fondly over the decades - the s550's style appeals most to me as it has maintained the original's nostalgia. As a driver on the inside looking out - the interior (for me) is hands down more satisfying to be in than the camaro.

- so short answer ... comes to style. quality/performance/price pretty equal - but its a platform for the average joe, like me. deeper pockets and Id be looking at something else.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
cross shopped the Camara vs Challenger, Charger and Mustang.
drove a new 2020 SCAT/WB Challenger again tonight. 6MT. Because 'Covid' I got to drive it alone. The suspension (Bilstein's version of Magneride) did 'ok' in sport mode but what was really annoying was the side-to-side chassis shake when running over bigger bumps. Probably mushy bushings at fault but really detracted from the experience. Mustang even stock felt MUCH more tidy.

Dodge's speedo designer is a 1st class retard. Completely unreadable. Apparently these dorks have never heard of variable needle sweep.

Talked to a guy buying a Go Mango Hellcat and he was trading in a '19 Lime green SCAT supposedly loaded with ONLY 1700 miles on it. Yes I couldn't believe it either. He got 40 for it on trade-in on an original price of 47.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Buy a Hot Wheels version of the c8 and get a girlfriend.. trust me you'll be much better off this way and happier :-)

At least until your girlfriend gets demanding and your wife finds out
I'm already on wife 2.0 and not looking to turn my half of my stuff into a quarter.

She's agreed to a 911 turbo in a few years......

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I can’t believe Ford is still using that y2k compliant head unit in the non-premium GT. But it looks like it’s been updated to a blue background instead of a black like in my 2016. Progress.:thumbsup:

1620953221183.jpeg

Won’t need this anymore with that world class interior.:handshake:

1620953585543.jpeg
The small screen is the only thing out of place, but even then the system itself works just fine. There's also the huge bonus of not getting nasty finger prints on it every time you use it. That's one thing I can't stand about modern infotainment.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Why? The fronts are more important for braking and turning and braking and turning are more important for safety. Fun factor messed up regardless of front or rear so might as well be safest.
He doesn't understand. Or is mis understanding what I posted.

A regular tire that is 26" tall.. and a donut or narrower spare that is also 26" tall. you CAN'T hurt the diff. be it a locker, a cone limited slip, a clutch limited slip or other.
Now if your vehicle tires are 26" tall and you put a 24" tall tire on, you will wear out the cones or clutches in a limited slip.
but a 26" tire that is 10" wide and a 26" tall donut that is 4 inches wide. won't harm anything. No how, no way.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
He doesn't understand. Or is mis understanding what I posted.

A regular tire that is 26" tall.. and a donut or narrower spare that is also 26" tall. you CAN'T hurt the diff. be it a locker, a cone limited slip, a clutch limited slip or other.
Now if your vehicle tires are 26" tall and you put a 24" tall tire on, you will wear out the cones or clutches in a limited slip.
but a 26" tire that is 10" wide and a 26" tall donut that is 4 inches wide. won't harm anything. No how, no way.
It's true. That's why I got the explorer spare, doesn't clear front brakes but is the correct 27 inches in diameter to match the factory wheel diameter so you can use it on the rear axle as much as you want. And it fits in the little spare cubby in the trunk. And it was 1/3 the price of the AA one

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Wow some of you guys are a special kinda stupid. So I'll type slow. I. DON'T. LIKE. THE. CAMARO. INTERIOR. I. DON'T. LIKE. THE. CAMARO. VISIBILITY.
Just gotta adjust your mirrors. Before you yell at me I’m just quoting C6g.:crazy:

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Are you trying to convince us the interior doesn’t suck or yourself? :like:

And seriously if your Camaro is so amazing why arnt you in the Camaro circle jerk forum?

You spend your time on a Mustang forum raving about your Camaro :cwl: seems like you just want attention.
I have one of each and post on both forums. They’re pretty similar. Both forums have members who rave about how bad Camaros/Mustangs are and both have members who love American muscle cars in general and for whatever reasons prefer the one they’re in.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have one of each and post on both forums. They’re pretty similar. Both forums have members who rave about how bad Camaros/Mustangs are and both have members who love American muscle cars in general and for whatever reasons prefer the one they’re in.
Yeah, personally I don't understand the "Oh my god, _ interior is SO MUCH BETTER than _", when the blanks are filled by Mustang and Camaro. They're almost the same as far as actual quality, just ergonomics and layout are what's different

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget about us Dodge Boi's. We don't have to bash other cars.
because we'd bash you right back. :)
2020 WB last night. No place to put a cell phone, like nada. Camaro is same. Challenger at least had a place for sun glasses. Dodge chassis rocks L/R all over the place it's amazing how poor it is compared to the other two. Dodge looks the best of the three IMO.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
because we'd bash you right back. :)
2020 WB last night. No place to put a cell phone, like nada. Camaro is same.
Not defending Dodges but if you'd stop wearing women's clothes, you'd have pockets for your phone. :wink: