Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Did you pick up something from WVa/KY on your way to Texas? Or is this a gratuitous swipe at the moral character and mental facilities of people who buy Camaros? If so, WTH? The Camaro6 guys on their corresponding thread have more class.
There's always people who are "Insert brand here until I die". Even on the Camaro6G thread, lol. I never understood that personally, it's one thing if you have an awful experience with a brand and won't buy from them again, but loyalty to a company that only wants your money is a few IQ points short of 100.

The Camaro is a factually better drivers car, but in the real world I don't do much "driving" where I would be able to notice the benefit. I feel like most of us are like that, and why the Camaro sells the least of the trinity. If you're someone who wants to rip up canyons or a track at 8/10 or higher, then the Mustang will probably feel shitty to you. If you want to do some street pulls once in a while and just have a spicy yet practical commute, the Mustang is likely a better fit.

Arguments that I can understand even if I don't agree with them:

1). The Mustangs are everywhere argument, doesn't apply to my locality but is very true in many.

2). The torque argument. The Camaro delivers a bigger wallop and earlier in the RPM range. The cars have almost identical overall performance but generally people prefer a larger torque hit and to feel like they're moving the earth versus a slower build up over a wider RPM range. I think a lot of people also feel like they're being too flashy or boy racer when they're out there revving their shit high just to have fun.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Why no camaro, first they'er ugly let's start there. Had a new one pull in my drive way. I was stunned how cheap the platform is over all.

Mustang out classes that car, exterior and interior wise. Bang for buck.......... hands down the Mustang really shines.

Oh forgot the most important reason, Mustang one can order straight up performance.

Just check the camaro build your own site. Notice ALL the badging and looks like it should go fast selections. Will not find that for the Mustang.........

If ones wallet or the deal is the biggest motivator for a type of car desired...

I would kindly suggest one buy a kia. They even have cute cartoon commercials.

LMAO

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It’s just one of those things that drives me nuts when I get behind the wheel of a right hand fuel door vehicle. And as much as I love my 350. I would not have bought it if the gas cap was on the passenger side.
I prefer the gas cap on the passenger side. That means you don't have to worry about bumping the driver's door into something. There's usually something like a post right where the door would open when the gas cap is on the driver side.

I do prefer the Chevy engine for it's torque band. I have been a Chevy and Firebird fan for many years. Probably still would be if they made a Firebird. But Camaro sales are tanking and I don't expect it will last much longer. Owning a car GM no longer makes is a pain in the ass for service and repairs. My wife has a Saturn Vue. It's probably the best all-around car we have ever owned My last GM car was a 1997 Firebird TA. Try finding parts for either now.

Last edited:

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Ok, the REAL reason I didn't get a Camaro is the ex. It was time to get her a car. She wanted another convertible. After her VW Rabbit POS, told her it was a V8 American car or the deal was off. I wanted a Gen 3 Camaro, but she said no, "those are bitch cars " So the 89 Fox it was. Never looked back almost 30 years later.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
There's always people who are "Insert brand here until I die". Even on the Camaro6G thread, lol. I never understood that personally, it's one thing if you have an awful experience with a brand and won't buy from them again, but loyalty to a company that only wants your money is a few IQ points short of 100.

The Camaro is a factually better drivers car, but in the real world I don't do much "driving" where I would be able to notice the benefit. I feel like most of us are like that, and why the Camaro sells the least of the trinity. If you're someone who wants to rip up canyons or a track at 8/10 or higher, then the Mustang will probably feel shitty to you. If you want to do some street pulls once in a while and just have a spicy yet practical commute, the Mustang is likely a better fit.

Arguments that I can understand even if I don't agree with them:

1). The Mustangs are everywhere argument, doesn't apply to my locality but is very true in many.

2). The torque argument. The Camaro delivers a bigger wallop and earlier in the RPM range. The cars have almost identical overall performance but generally people prefer a larger torque hit and to feel like they're moving the earth versus a slower build up over a wider RPM range. I think a lot of people also feel like they're being too flashy or boy racer when they're out there revving their shit high just to have fun.
People that only like one brand no matter what, even if another brand has a better product, aren't car people. They are (insert brand name here) people. Enthusiasts don't care as much about the brand as long as they don't have glaring issues.

@shogun32 was referring to the blatant disrespect of the other comment though, and i agree, camaro6 has been more respectful than that. Overall though i feel like this forum has more people (more people own mustangs by a lot..so makes sense), so in turn you are more likely to run into some a holes.

Overall i like most folks on this forum. Most.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Why no camaro, first they'er ugly let's start there. Had a new one pull in my drive way. I was stunned how cheap the platform is over all.

Mustang out classes that car, exterior and interior wise. Bang for buck.......... hands down the Mustang really shines.

Oh forgot the most important reason, Mustang one can order straight up performance.

Just check the camaro build your own site. Notice ALL the badging and looks like it should go fast selections. Will not find that for the Mustang.........

If ones wallet or the deal is the biggest motivator for a type of car desired...

I would kindly suggest one buy a kia. They even have cute cartoon commercials.

LMAO
I think the argument is you get more performance for the camaro, generally at less price. The mustang is more "daily friendly"

Exterior wise i think they are pretty even. Interior wise i like the camaro. Looks are based on preference though.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Does anyone buy a Camaro anymore?:giggle:

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I wanted a Camaro 2SS 1LE in 2015. I realized that getting the one i wanted with the NPP exhaust, the nav system, and in "red hot" would require a factory order. So I went to Chevy to look at one. I ended up at a mega dealer where they took down my DL and info. They showed me a V6, white, automatic. I got in it, and frowned. It felt so cheap inside. And when I adjusted the seat to my liking, it was difficult to see the stop light from the windshield. Went back to the sales manager. He said he could get me some V6's in stock but they seemed apprehensive about a factory order if i wanted to go that route. I talked to other dealers who seemed tight-fisted about discounts, and only wanted to sell what they could get their mitts on.

I decided to go check out Ford. Nice girl in a sundress came out. I told her I wanted to see a V8 manual. She went back inside and got the keys. Didn't take my DL or anything. We went for a test drive. I told her what I wanted. She said, "Hmmm, we don't have that here or anywhere....but if you want to do a factory order, you can get the same discounts as any showroom car. The experience made me get the Mustang.

Would I have liked the Camaro? Sure. In hindsight I wonder what life would've been like with that 1LE. Would I like that extra torque? Perhaps. Though it's hard to keep the Mustang under 3k anyways with the 3.73 since they rev so damn fast. But there were some issues like not being able to see out of it, and the dealership experience.

I do love the way the gen5 SS 1LE looks in red hot and I like the LS pushrod engine.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I wanted a Camaro 2SS 1LE in 2015. I realized that getting the one i wanted with the NPP exhaust, the nav system, and in "red hot" would require a factory order. So I went to Chevy to look at one. I ended up at a mega dealer where they took down my DL and info. They showed me a V6, white, automatic. I got in it, and frowned. It felt so cheap inside. And when I adjusted the seat to my liking, it was difficult to see the stop light from the windshield. Went back to the sales manager. He said he could get me some V6's in stock but they seemed apprehensive about a factory order if i wanted to go that route. I talked to other dealers who seemed tight-fisted about discounts, and only wanted to sell what they could get their mitts on.

I decided to go check out Ford. Nice girl in a sundress came out. I told her I wanted to see a V8 manual. She went back inside and got the keys. Didn't take my DL or anything. We went for a test drive. I told her what I wanted. She said, "Hmmm, we don't have that here or anywhere....but if you want to do a factory order, you can get the same discounts as any showroom car. The experience made me get the Mustang.

Would I have liked the Camaro? Sure. In hindsight I wonder what life would've been like with that 1LE. Would I like that extra torque? Perhaps. Though it's hard to keep the Mustang under 3k anyways with the 3.73 since they rev so damn fast. But there were some issues like not being able to see out of it, and the dealership experience.

I do love the way the gen5 SS 1LE looks in red hot and I like the LS pushrod engine.

Sundresses are like Kryptonite man. You stood no chance!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Not gonna lie, an ZL1 looks amazing!!! 650/650 are beastly numbers!!! But they're also $70K+.

But, a Mustang is better looking, a much nicer & roomier interior, a really 'uge trunk, easier to get in and out of........