Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
I absolutely agree 100% on the interior not being near the mustang. But also glad I didn't as I didn't research when I was shopping and lately seen all the issues the GM v8s are having including camaro minus the zl1. While I have had MT82 issues on previous lemon. I prefer tranny over catastrophic engine failure as the recent lawsuits against GM claims.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
People noticed my 2018 GT and would comment on it at gas stations or occasionally in a parking lot as they walked by, and it would get looks on the road. But, I never once saw anyone take a picture of it, either out in the wild while driving, or at car meets. It was a good looking car, but a dime a dozen.

My '21 ZL1...same looks on the street and parking lots, the difference is I've seen a number of people pull their phone out to take pics - on the street, in parking lots, even a mom in a minivan once did a double take, grabbed her phone, and took a pic while at a stop light. A few weeks ago leaving my gym, I was walking up to it while a guy was checking it out and he asked me if he could take a picture of it.

Cars and Coffee or other car meets, same story, strangers taking pictures. Multiple times I've seen people gather around it waiting for the owner to come back to ask me about it.

It seems people either know, or sense by the styling, that it is not a typical car.
My ‘11 GT500 commanded attention. ‘19 GT gets an occasional “nice car”. Trim levels matter.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
People noticed my 2018 GT and would comment on it at gas stations or occasionally in a parking lot as they walked by, and it would get looks on the road. But, I never once saw anyone take a picture of it, either out in the wild while driving, or at car meets. It was a good looking car, but a dime a dozen.

My '21 ZL1...same looks on the street and parking lots, the difference is I've seen a number of people pull their phone out to take pics - on the street, in parking lots, even a mom in a minivan once did a double take, grabbed her phone, and took a pic while at a stop light. A few weeks ago leaving my gym, I was walking up to it while a guy was checking it out and he asked me if he could take a picture of it.

Cars and Coffee or other car meets, same story, strangers taking pictures. Multiple times I've seen people gather around it waiting for the owner to come back to ask me about it.

It seems people either know, or sense by the styling, that it is not a typical car.
with my 18GT I got some compliments here and there. 3 years of ownership maybe 2 people walk up and ask about the car. My IG page is pretty much just car related I had like 1.3k followers just a couple hundred likes on a picture of the Mustang. I buy a GR Supra and in 2 months gained well over 3k follower and some pictures over 30k likes. Can’t go any where without someone stopping and asking about the car. Always see people taking pictures of it. I thought my Mustang looked great, I was really surprised about the attention the Supra gets. Before I modded my Mustang I always thought the SS 1LE was a better looking car, after I was done with the mustang I liked it better

but example
284 likes for the Mustang and 30,002 likes for the Supra, same angle, same stretch of road, same photographer. It’s crazy how one area Mustangs get a ton of attention, others people don’t look twice

57A20B90-973F-4E6F-92E8-003D193A971F.jpeg

44BA460D-ABB5-424A-AFE4-7B05645B0A3F.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'll be the contrarian. That supra is ugly. 80s Supra on the other hand I feel different

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
When I was a kid, I had a third gen f-body. Piece of junk….everything broke on that car. Made me really dislike GM products. Nothing but Ford products after that…

Fast forward 20 years and I’m looking for a brand new GT Premium. Then I realize I can get a brand new C7 for just a few thousand more. I pull the trigger and put 82k on that car. It was a beast…an absolute pleasure to drive. But it felt cheap and GM. I knew it was gonna break down…At 82kmit needed a new torque tube.

I traded it in with some great positive equity, and I was looking at a ZL1. Then my wife says “another GM for you to be disappointed in?” Got the PP1 Mustang and I love it.

Maybe a C8 with an extended warranty in a couple years. Mayyyybe……
I love post like this. was any of these vehicles, new off the lot to you? or used.
Every automaker builds crap. EVEN FORD.
A 3rd gen f body had issues, so did the fox body fords ALL OF THEM.
You know what the difference was, kids, you know the 18-25 y/o 's could afford them with a v8.
Something no one in that age group can afford now. as the Stang with v8 and Camaro are mid 40's and go up from there.
I had 3rd gens, I also had more than a few LSC's .
They were all junk, but within reach of the youth. you could buy a 3rd gen v8 for 12k BRAND SPANKING NEW ,a fox mustang for about the same.
Today the youth working a bottom barrel job, can't afford a 2 y/o v8 stang or camaro. nor can the kid that is going to college or just got out and has a mountain of debt.
Sure todays cars are worlds better, but out of reach of most folks, and if it wasn't for todays almost free loan money, most here would not be able to afford them either.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
with my 18GT I got some compliments here and there. 3 years of ownership maybe 2 people walk up and ask about the car. My IG page is pretty much just car related I had like 1.3k followers just a couple hundred likes on a picture of the Mustang. I buy a GR Supra and in 2 months gained well over 3k follower and some pictures over 30k likes. Can’t go any where without someone stopping and asking about the car. Always see people taking pictures of it. I thought my Mustang looked great, I was really surprised about the attention the Supra gets. Before I modded my Mustang I always thought the SS 1LE was a better looking car, after I was done with the mustang I liked it better

but example
284 likes for the Mustang and 30,002 likes for the Supra, same angle, same stretch of road, same photographer. It’s crazy how one area Mustangs get a ton of attention, others people don’t look twice

57A20B90-973F-4E6F-92E8-003D193A971F.jpeg

44BA460D-ABB5-424A-AFE4-7B05645B0A3F.jpeg
I've had several Mustangs over the years and the look was getting old to me and one of the main reasons I went with the Challenger. I also considered the Supra and this one looks amazing, but when I went over to one of the main Supra forums I was shocked that there was almost nobody on there that recommended the new car as they said it was basically a BMW and then I heard they were locking the ECU's up and such and the fact they didn't have many colors or even many options really turned me off to them.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
but example
For someone who knows nothing about cars the supra looks more exotic. Plus they are pretty new so not a lot of people will have seen them in person.

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
I love post like this. was any of these vehicles, new off the lot to you? or used.
Every automaker builds crap. EVEN FORD.
A 3rd gen f body had issues, so did the fox body fords ALL OF THEM.
You know what the difference was, kids, you know the 18-25 y/o 's could afford them with a v8.
Something no one in that age group can afford now. as the Stang with v8 and Camaro are mid 40's and go up from there.
I had 3rd gens, I also had more than a few LSC's .
They were all junk, but within reach of the youth. you could buy a 3rd gen v8 for 12k BRAND SPANKING NEW ,a fox mustang for about the same.
Today the youth working a bottom barrel job, can't afford a 2 y/o v8 stang or camaro. nor can the kid that is going to college or just got out and has a mountain of debt.
Sure todays cars are worlds better, but out of reach of most folks, and if it wasn't for todays almost free loan money, most here would not be able to afford them either.
The 3rd gen was a hand down from my parents that they had bought new. They hated that car (makes me wonder what they thought of me 😂).

The Mustangs were all used, the Corvette was brand new with 7 miles. My current Mustang was used with 16k. My ex-wives 2011 Edge was brand new and still running and looking great…A 2012 Fusion bought new developed a tranny problem at 170k.

I hear you when it comes to cost and inflation. Manufacturers are making better cars, but the quality and technology come at a cost. $55k for a loaded Mustang, $80k for a loaded Vette…and impossible to find on the lot (albeit for various reasons). We pay to play and demand is through the roof. The market will bear the price the consumer is willing to pay. I wouldn’t want to be a 20 year old in this day and age. It’s tough.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
personal preference and styling, and me simply being a Ford fan. i love camaros personally. guys in high school used to give me shit when i bought my first mustang, 95 5.0, because the z28s were faster, both lt1 and ls1, or the one guy with a modified wrx. wasnt hard to be an SN 5.0 vert with its earth-shattering 215 hp and 15 plus second 1/4 mile. and some people got downright angry and emotional about it. i knew the camaro was faster stock, but also planned on modding mine. can make anything fast if you want, and i didnt care about being the fastest high school kid anyways. ha. same goes for now, though the performance difference between the 2 current models is far less pronounced. all these trade offs about visibility, seats, cornering vs straight line, etc to me area just trade offs. theyre both american muscle. i prefer the styling of the mustang, yet i still like the way the camaro looks. i definitely love the sound of the coyote, and prefer it to the camaro, but would not exactly say i dislike the camaro, it's still a nice throaty v8, in a day of more and more electrics and 4/6cyl cars. if i didnt have a newish mustang, id have a newish camaro without a doubt.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Well I'll be the contrarian. That supra is ugly. 80s Supra on the other hand I feel different
They're much better in person...

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, I was going to get an SS. I love Chevy and there is no comparison between exhaust notes (Chevy to me sounds more fierce). I decided to get one as a rental on one of my business trips. Thing was a death trap. Blind spots up the wazoo, mirrors are basically useless. I decided it was better to risk a speeding ticket than a wreck and went faster than traffic just so I could change lanes. I was so happy to return that car.

Test drove a 2016 GT and never looked back. I'm still tempted by the ZL1 but still can't forget how unbelievably bad the blind spots are. Even Camargo owners admit how bad it is. I haven't met a Mustang S550 who has said the same.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Personally, I was going to get an SS. I love Chevy and there is no comparison between exhaust notes (Chevy to me sounds more fierce). I decided to get one as a rental on one of my business trips. Thing was a death trap. Blind spots up the wazoo, mirrors are basically useless. I decided it was better to risk a speeding ticket than a wreck and went faster than traffic just so I could change lanes. I was so happy to return that car.

Test drove a 2016 GT and never looked back. I'm still tempted by the ZL1 but still can't forget how unbelievably bad the blind spots are. Even Camargo owners admit how bad it is. I haven't met a Mustang S550 who has said the same.
The ZL1 comes with blind spot so that solves that. I personally think the whole can't see out of the 6th gen Camaro is way over blown tho

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Great video to watch.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The ZL1 comes with blind spot so that solves that. I personally think the whole can't see out of the 6th gen Camaro is way over blown tho
A former coworker opted for blind spot for his Camaro. Said it was the best option hands down. I won't say you are completely blind but sufficiently blinded where I see getting into accidents a higher possibility. I would probably had seen the talk as preference more than fact had I not had the rental for a week.

Plus relying on blind spot assistance goes against everything I have been taught. Safety starts with the operator, safeties are there to back you up in case you make a mistake.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Tesla doesn't have any chip issues.
because they have a bias toward cell-based chips and less on dinosaur tech, and they also know how chip-production and lead times work, unlike the idiots at Ford and GM who cancelled orders.