ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Thanks, but still not nearly good enough to make me want one. In fact, I'm not sure there is anything they could ever offer that would make me want one.
If G.M. built a 1970 1/2 split bumper R/S SS body with the later rear wrap around window,duck rail spoiler and it handled like todays SS2 LE1 with the todays LT v8 and stick shift.
And body wide enough so it came with a dished wheel instead of the late model flat faced type.
I'd be in like flyn.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry but who puts A/C vents where your hand is on the shifter? GM is stupid and had plenty of time to fix that terrible interior and they didn't.
have you actually lived with those vents? They actually WORK. It's the 3 vents in the high dash thing that is stupid and unimaginative.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
have you actually lived with those vents? They actually WORK. It's the 3 vents in the high dash thing that is stupid and unimaginative.
The ac vents do work really well in the camaro,Actually heats and cools quickly compared to the S550 .But I don't like the cup holders in the camaro or the location of the drive mode button, it can easily get hit. Kind of a useless Center console.
Screenshot_20211108-090806_Gallery.jpg

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
The ac vents do work really well in the camaro,Actually heats and cools quickly compared to the S550 .But I don't like the cup holders in the camaro or the location of the drive mode button, it can easily get hit. Kind of a useless Center console.
Screenshot_20211108-090806_Gallery.jpg
In the dead of winter when it's subzero my hands need the most help so those seem pretty nice for that. Also, are the cup holders shifted towards the passenger seat? I actually have grown to not like the cup holders on the mustang. The mt82 is so finicky to where if I'm at a slight angle (like I am with something in the cup holder) it shifts poorly.

Reactions: jwt

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Yes the cup
In the dead of winter when it's subzero my hands need the most help so those seem pretty nice for that. Also, are the cup holders shifted towards the passenger seat? I actually have grown to not like the cup holders on the mustang. The mt82 is so finicky to where if I'm at a slight angle (like I am with something in the cup holder) it shifts poorly.
Yes the cup holders are on the passenger side ,but thay can still use the cushion on the console if there seat is back far enough. Definitely have more room for shifts in the camaro with Manual transmission.mines the 10 speed, so not really a issue.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
there is plenty of 'retard' in the GM console layout (eg. the dumb-ass compartment release/arm) but the vents are brilliant and the cup-holder issue is definitely an improvement.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
I have that issue with my 6 speed as well.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have that issue with my 6 speed as well.
Good to know it's not just me. Using a phone mount in the cup holder caused some rpm lockout issues. I thought my tranny was on the way out and was getting incredibly depressed until I figured it out lol.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there is plenty of 'retard' in the GM console layout (eg. the dumb-ass compartment release/arm) but the vents are brilliant and the cup-holder issue is definitely an improvement.
The mustang console is great for a put it in D and drive commuter drive, anything more it is stupid. I can't even imagine using the cup holders and a stick shift car. But they have to design it for the starbucks crowd so there is that.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Really wanted a ZL1. Test drove that and a mustang...the backseat in the camaro is a complete deal-breaker. My 5.4 daughter had to sit hunched over. In the mustang, she could sit normally. Granted these cars are not family cars, but i do have 2 kids that go with us on occasion in the GT.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really wanted a ZL1. Test drove that and a mustang...the backseat in the camaro is a complete deal-breaker. My 5.4 daughter had to sit hunched over. In the mustang, she could sit normally. Granted these cars are not family cars, but i do have 2 kids that go with us on occasion in the GT.
I'd not be worried about head room it is the feet and knees at your chin. I'm not a tall guy 5'10" and it be cruel to put anyone behind me in my mustang that was over 4'10" or long legged.
My little girl (she is 26 lol) is all legs and it was comical with her try'n to get back there and not look like a 10 lb bag in a 5lb box.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I'd not be worried about head room it is the feet and knees at your chin. I'm not a tall guy 5'10" and it be cruel to put anyone behind me in my mustang that was over 4'10" or long legged.
My little girl (she is 26 lol) is all legs and it was comical with her try'n to get back there and not look like a 10 lb bag in a 5lb box.
bahaha. I have actually put 3 people in back at once. Had my Buddy who is 6’. My son who is 5’4” and my 8 year old in the middle with his feet on the center console. We actually raced a stingray corvette And when we beat his ass he pulled up and it looked like a clown car with us all getting out. He couldn’t believe we had 5 in there.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bahaha. I have actually put 3 people in back at once. Had my Buddy who is 6’. My son who is 5’4” and my 8 year old in the middle with his feet on the center console. We actually raced a stingray corvette And when we beat his ass he pulled up and it looked like a clown car with us all getting out. He couldn’t believe we had 5 in there.
Do they still talk to you?
lol.

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
It pisses me off that the government owns part of GM. Obama made GM give stock up for their bailout some years back. I know it is not GM's fault but I figure I give the government enough of my money.