Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
That answers absolutely nothing...lol
I agree with him though. I'm not even Ford loyal, but GM is not the kind of company I would ever buy a vehicle from.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
OP - Where's the link to the post you put on the Camaro forum .... interested in looking at the comments that were posted....

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
OP - Where's the link to the post you put on the Camaro forum .... interested in looking at the comments that were posted....
Oh that's cool, I would like to see why Camaro people chose camaro over the S550 as well.

Some of the real die-hard Chevy guys who own '60 Camaros told me that they really liked what Chevy did with the camaros when it debuted on it's return year (5th gen, I think it was 2010), but they all said, "I really wish GM would stop messing with the front, as it only is looking worse".

Ironically, back in 2010, I had gotten a new Genesis Coupe 6MT, and a few people said that "Korean sports car is crap, get a real American muscle car, like the Camaro". I think the 1st generation gen coupe was designed by an American designer in CA (or whoever designed the 1st gen Audi TT as he was poached from Audi by Hyundai), whereas the 5th Gen Camaro was designed by a Korean designer named Sangyup Lee (newly acquired by GM through their acquisition of Daewoo and its design firm)). And when I mentioned that once to a Camaro owner who told me that I should have gotten a real American sports car, he got so visibly angry at me and he was so offended that I said his "true American muscle car" was designed by a Korean overseas. he roared back, "no you idiot, it's designed by GM Holden in Australia". I told him, just google "korean design Camaro 5g"...

Interestingly the classic Camaro owners (I know of two of them) what really like the 5G debut, go, "Ahh!" when I tell them this, and they said, "GM probably started to have designers and bean counters who knew nothing about the "passion of camaros" modify it for years afterwards".

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I used to work for an Auto group as a car salesman. That auto group comprised of Ford, Chevy, Infinity Nisan, & Hyundai. When I got hired I told them I wanted to sell Ford's, they put me at Chevy. The worst thing about the Camaro is its ergonomics. The car is terrible inside, claustrophobic. The dash practically kisses you in the face, the visibility is terrible. it's not an inviting interior at all. My Mustang fits like a glove, every inch of it. The Camaro is a small car with a big engine. The Mustang is a Medium-sized car with a big engine. I even test drove a Dodge Challenger and that car is way too big. So the main reason why I'm on my 4th mustang is that it just fits Me perfectly!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
whereas the 5th Gen Camaro was designed by a Korean designer named Sangyup Lee (newly acquired by GM through their acquisition of Daewoo and its design firm)
yeah the Japanese (and I guess Korean too) have this "thing" about Gundam-styling and associate it with 'American' for some reason. GM needs to go raid the graveyard and dig up their designers from the 60/70's for better aesthetics.

I drive the car, not look at it so the '19 doesn't rub me particularly wrong.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I think the 1st generation gen coupe was designed by an American designer in CA (or whever designed the 1st gen Audi TT as he was poached from Audi by Hyundai), whereas the 5th Gen Camaro was designed by a Korean designer named Sangyup Lee (newly acquired by GM through their acquisition of Daewoo and its design firm)). And when I mentioned that once to a Camaro owner who told me that I should have gotten a real American sports car, he got so visibly angry at me and he was so offended that I said his "true American muscle car" was designed by a Korean overseas. he roared back, "no you idiot, it's designed by GM Holden in Australia". I told him, just google "korean design Camaro 5g"...
You should have thrown in that the 5th gen was built in Canada too that would have put him over the edge for sure. I had a 5th gen SS, it was a good car but a bit underwhelming. It lacked the visceral experience that the Mustang has. I can't speak to the 6th Gen but when it was unveiled I thought meh. And it has a quirky side view thing going on with the side rear window I just could not get past.

One beef with my 5th gen was the retro look aged poorly and quickly. This S550 is gorgeous especilly with it's sweeping roof line. And the sound of the Coyote when hauling OMG!

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Did I mention how FUGLY they are?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to see why Camaro people chose camaro over the S550 as well.
I had just bought a GT PP1 and went to drive a SS/1LE. The Ford was so obviously an inferior car it wasn't funny. Yes the interior of the Mustang is more accommodating and flexible than the Camaro but I care about only one thing - the driver's seat. I threw money at the Mustang to bump it up and kept both. IMO that's the best combo, one of each.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I had just bought a GT PP1 and went to drive a SS/1LE. The Ford was so obviously an inferior car it wasn't funny. Yes the interior of the Mustang is more accommodating and flexible than the Camaro but I care about only one thing - the driver's seat. I threw money at the Mustang to bump it up and kept both. IMO that's the best combo, one of each.
you mean inferior in handling, well yes there’s no debate there. Most folks don’t spend that kind of money for one glaring attribute, except maybe you, but its about a list of attributes with each vehicle that makes you decide one way or the other. So when i added up what i like about the Mustang vs the Camaro , it was a no brainer..The mustang won hands down!!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Genuinely curious why that is.
considering fully half of all cars have it on the other side... I don't know if there's an industry agreement to do so 50/50 on their designs or what. It seems too evenly distributed to be accidental since "obviously" it should be on the left in USA and right in UK.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I was a life long Mopar guy. I've had too many Roadrunners Chargers Darts Dusters Cuda's to count.

I got a 12 F150 with the coyote and fell in love with this engine. When I went looking for a performance car I hated everything I drove due to the engine. Push rods and cylinder de-activation were deal breakers. So I went with a mustang GT.

No regrets. Except for the crappy IRS. But that is fixed on mine.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Lol I didnt post it yet. But I have to say, this forum has been surprisingly well mannered about a topic like this. I would have expected a flame war with all kinds of posts getting nuked by admins and whatnot, but this has been very enlightening and entertaining. Thank you to all that have respectfully participated. It gives me the feeling of an in-person car meet where no matter what you have, generally its accepted and people are willing to talk about it to you. When I do post it, I will post the link here so you can see what the camaro people have to say.