Sponsored

Whose still Rollin' on summer tires

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Still running the stock p-zeros. They suck once the temp gets below 50 unless you've been driving a while and they have gotten a chance to really heat up. MY commute is only about 15 minutes so that rarely happens.
Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Still running mine but they are god awful slippery. My car slips coming out of my driveway in the morning. Yesterday I was merging onto an exit ramp and this big box truck didn't appear to be paying attention to his yield sign before getting in my lane. I barely stepped on the gas and I was drifting sideways before I even knew what was happening. Point is, just be very careful using the throttle on turns and it's fine. The car definitely rides harder on these tires when it's cold. I would get winter tires if I had money to burn.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Still on the stock 20inch summer tires. They are holding ok. I do a have a set of Conti DWS on order though.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
yeah i've been in a monsoon before during all the flooding in SC, and i thought they were hooked in the rain. i was quite surprised. i've never felt unsafe in rain with them, ever. lol crazy
You have like the complete opposite experience from me with the MT Street Comps. Makes me wonder if I got a bad set somehow.

Either way, I'm almost tempted to do a couple of line locks to accelerate the wear of the street comps, but I'm too cheap to do that.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
summer tires and this weather make driving so much fun. car goes sideways every day when I try to do a launch in first or 2nd lol

Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
You have like the complete opposite experience from me with the MT Street Comps. Makes me wonder if I got a bad set somehow.

Either way, I'm almost tempted to do a couple of line locks to accelerate the wear of the street comps, but I'm too cheap to do that.
my street comps have been perfect in the rain. but i bet they offer less grip than 275 stock pirellis lol. granted that's the whole reason I bought them....knew they weren't sticky at all but wanted decent mileage

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
In Florida, its always summer tire time lol :shrug:

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
12* this morning in NJ... Driving on the factory equipped P0's...

By doing so and reading all the threads on this site - I was waiting for the sky to fall and the end all of apocalypses to occur...

Maybe someone should write Mythbusters asking them to do an in depth analysis? :lol:

Jonny50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
12* this morning in NJ... Driving on the factory equipped P0's...

By doing so and reading all the threads on this site - I was waiting for the sky to fall and the end all of apocalypses to occur...

Maybe someone should write Mythbusters asking them to do an in depth analysis? :lol:
Ditto

Drove all day at temps starting at about 12deg that maxed out about 25sh

Sponsored

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
Here in Southern California, it rarely gets below 40 even in the early AM, so the tires haven't been giving me problems. It handles dry and wet weather quite well (rain this week).

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
I finally just took off my 20" Nitto Invo's and put the 18" blizzaks on this past Monday. Made it into January here in NY, not too bad! The timing was perfect too, because it was like 10 degrees here Tuesday morning, and only like 20 this morning. Still no snow in the forecast, but those temps are way too low for summer tires.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I put my all seasons back on for a little while.

It's gotten a little cold here in Texas, and I noticed I just didn't have much traction on these tires. Plus, the Street Comps are temperamental, I don't have much grip until the tire gets heated up (even when it's hot outside). Which has led to a few times where my back end unexpectedly got out from under me.

Strangely enough, I have to really try hard to get my rear to slip on the A/S tires, even on skinnier tires and colder temps. (These are the P Zero Nero... well 1 tire is a P Zero Corsa because discount tire messed up)

At any rate, my next set of summer tires won't me MT Street Comps. They're cheap, but that's about all they have going for them.
I have the same tires & rims as you. the MT Street comps are slippery tires when warm, in the cold i'm skating all over the place if i'm not careful.