Whoa...

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The article does not state they ticketed the Mustang.

Helicopters involved in that can't do 169MPH
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
The article does not state they ticketed the Mustang.

Helicopters involved in that can't do 169MPH
Plus those helicopters have video. I want to see.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Thatā€™s reckless arrest if itā€™s true, not just a ticket. And getting your ride takenā€¦
Yeah, Iā€™m guessing if theyā€™re able to identify and snag that guy it isnā€™t gonna be just a ticket. I wouldnā€™t be too shocked at a little vacation time.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
In Canada that is an automatic impound and court date for "Stunt Driving / Street Racing" plus whatever else the officer wants to tack on.

- Unsafe operation of a motor vehicle
- Wreckless Driving
- Wreckless Endangerment

And on and on and on......

Doubling the limit is a no-no here. Most folks street race up to 5km below the limit and then throttle back.
Canada has some of the absolute worst driving laws if you actually want to enjoy yourself, USA is heaven in comparison in that regard.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Canada has some of the absolute worst driving laws if you actually want to enjoy yourself, USA is heaven in comparison in that regard.
That is true in a number of ways, thanks to our Bill of Rights!

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
They don't have to. Their radar guns can. :)
A radar gun doesn't flash lights, pull someone over, or write them a ticket for speeding.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
In Canada that is an automatic impound and court date for "Stunt Driving / Street Racing" plus whatever else the officer wants to tack on.

- Wreckless Driving
- Wreckless Endangerment

Doubling the limit is a no-no here. Most folks street race up to 5km below the limit and then throttle back.
That isn't racing thats driving to the next f-ing stop light.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I would think if they actually caught the guy they would have more details.

That being said, the aircraft always have bag men in units on the road they're pirating.

I got pulled over for allegedly doing 100 in a 70. I don't know if the officer was lying (unfortunately there's no laws against LE officers lying) but he claimed I was popped by an air unit. Ironically my waze had me doing 70 mph long before the rolling unit jumped out.

Best $150 I ever spent (ticket clinic). Aircraft is almost impossible to foil but luckily it's also the easiest to get out of.

It's not the criminal or fines you have to worry about, it's the reckless driving charge they tack on that can give your insurance company grounds to drop you and good luck finding anyone who will insure you for less than an extra rent payment each month.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I got pulled over for allegedly doing 100 in a 70. I don't know if the officer was lying (unfortunately there's no laws against LE officers lying) but he claimed I was popped by an air unit. Ironically my waze had me doing 70 mph long before the rolling unit jumped out.
Don't they have to prove their claim in court, should you choose to contest the ticket?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Don't they have to prove their claim in court, should you choose to contest the ticket?
That's why I said I didn't know if he was lying. The citation ended up being dropped (after like 3 continuances).

Aircraft tickets (as I understand it in my state) both the officer in the air unit and the issuing officer have to be present at court.

Aircraft is the toughest approach to avoid but also the easiest to challenge in court.

The owner of my last employer got cited for doing triple digits and he was able to get it reduced but had the majority of the charges suspended for a year. So he had to drive like a model citizen for a year otherwise the charges would be reinstituted.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

- Wreckless Driving
- Wreckless Endangerment

Actually at those speeds they would likely give you a dangerous driving ticket.

Remember, our "stunt driving" tickets just changed - 40km/h (25 mph) over the limit is stunt driving and automatic 30 day drivers license suspension and car impounded. On a highway of 80km/h the threshold is still 50k (35mph) over the limit. This speed here you'd end up in jail lol.

Here is a look at the updated charges, fines and penalties for stunt driving :

• Immediate penalties for drivers caught street racing or stunt driving has increased from seven days to a 30-day licence suspension and a 14-day vehicle impoundment.
  • Drivers caught driving 40 km/h or more above the speed limit where the maximum is less than 80 km/h will face stunt driving charges.
  • A minimum of a $2,000 fine and could be as high as $10,000.
  • 6 demerit points.
What Is Considered Stunt Driving?
Stunt driving is the act of excessive speeding, street racing, contests and engaging in dangerous driving practices in a motor vehicle on an Ontario road or highway. It is driving that is careless and it puts others at risk. It has severe penalties, even for a first offence.
Between March 15 and March 31, 2020, there was a 35% increase in speeding tickets. Around 65 tickets were issued to drivers travelling faster than 50 km/over the speed limit.
It is important to know that it is not only speeding that counts as stunt driving. Drivers add illegal or upgraded car modifications to increase performance with suspensions, style enhancements, or high-performance motors.
According to Section 172(1) of the Highway Traffic Act in Ontario :
ā€œNo person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway in a race or contest, while performing a stunt or on a bet or wager.ā€
Here are the many different driving actions that fall within the stunt driving category :
  • 50 km/h or more over the speed limit where the limit is above 80 km/h.
  • 40 km/h or more over the speed limit where the limit is 80 km/h or less.
  • Driving at a speed of 150 km/h or more.
  • Tire squealing, burnouts, or driving with the intention to cause some or all tires to lose traction.
  • Cutting off another driver intentionally or driving too closely.
  • Doing doughnuts, drifting, or driving a vehicle with the intention to spin.
  • Not allowing other vehicles, cyclists, pedestrians to pass, change directions, or have the right of way.
  • Driving your vehicle while not in the driverā€™s seat (known as ghost riding the whip).
  • Driving with a person in the trunk of your vehicle or an extra seat.
  • Driving without regard for road conditions and driving circumstances.
  • Popping wheelies or driving with the intention to lift some or all your tires from the surface.
  • Careless driving without reasonable concern or attention for others or endangering others.
Even though you may not be performing stunts or racing, you can still face penalties related to stunt driving, including hitting the gas heavy when the light turns green and making a left before the other cars come through.

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ohhhhhhhhh, thanks for the heads up. My buddy was pushing the double limit and going just under to avoid stunt driving. Little does he know!!!

I wonder if I should tell him or wait for a bail call?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
(unfortunately there's no laws against LE officers lying)
in COURT they can't as they are acting as officers of the court. they can lie in interrogation, on the side of the road and pretty much anywhere else, but not in court.
Sponsored