Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
And the a push rod motor doesn't have to be heavier then a coyote which is actually heavier and bigger then a 6.2 camaro motor.
Pretty sure the gen 3 coyote is actually slightly lighter than the LT1, due to no cylinder liners and the plastic oil pan.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I showed that the current 5.0 makes more low-end torque than the old school big blocks (post 22) then I showed that the current 5.0 makes more low-end torque than a modern 2-valve large-displacement truck engine (post 162), but now people stick their heads in the sand. If the 5.0 feels weak to you down low, then it’s because the massive top end rush is fooling your brain into thinking it doesn’t have low end.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This is just pure entertainment at this point. I cannot believe the level of two-person circlejerkness this thread has achieved.

Representative picture.
_20150522_174312.JPG

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
then I showed that the current 5.0 makes more low-end torque than a modern 2-valve large-displacement truck engine (post 162), but now people stick their heads in the sand. If the 5.0 feels weak to you down low, then it’s because the massive top end rush is fooling your brain into thinking it doesn’t have low end.
Here's a direct injected 6.2l that's a bit closer comparison to the Mustang :)
Also > 1hp/cid

[edit]This is an LT1 dyno graph, folks..

Image_1 (1).jpeg

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Who cares if he wants to do any kind of engine swap, regardless if it's a good idea or not, unless you're the one actually playing for it. This thread has just become an argumentive bash fest by people who like to argue and belittle others.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Also > 1hp/cid
Ok but the 7.3 doesn’t have direct injection nor will it make 435 rwhp so not really indicative of what to expect from a pfi truck motor.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Who cares if he wants to do any kind of engine swap, regardless if it's a good idea or not, unless you're the one actually playing for it. This thread has just become an argumentive bash fest by people who like to argue and belittle others.

Mustang discussions are like that so it does de-evolve sometimes. It doesn’t bug me. There is still good information coming out so no reason to lock this. People are passionate about this because the are. The reason the thread is this long is because they keep hitting the “post reply” button.

Whatever, this is entertainment and don’t kid yourself. The engine specs will soon be out.

Some enterprising guy will make a prototype and it will be popular and he will set up shop.

Then one of the more known modding or tuning companies will steal his work and put out a more professional version at higher cost and bankrupting the first guy.

Then Ford will get in on the action with a ready to go crate motor to skim off some money for themselves.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also > 1hp/cid

Image_1 (1).jpeg
Good comparison. Seems the blue line is the mustang, and if that's the case, it actually has MORE low end than the pushrod V8, which is interesting to me

Sponsored

Dwardmba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT (401a, PP, Magneride, active exhaust)
What if the engine was blue, would that change how you feel?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
for a couple reasons...

1. The current mustang has FAR more power ALL OVER the RPM range than pretty much any classic muscle car
2. What you're asking for is a VERY niche market that would actually hurt the car for the majority of buyers. If you want all that, why not get a Camaro?
As a Camaro owner in a Mustang forum, you can’t imagine how many times I stopped myself from asking just that question.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
What if the engine was blue, would that change how you feel?

Only if it was the distributor - Fox Body guys will get that one...

But some of the information is very informative. We neophytes are picking up knowledge unawares from the titans of automotive acumen. Someone must have posted a link to this thread to the ****** and ***** forums cause there all selling their cars and buying ******* *** and the ******* ****** motors that put their cars to shame!

Ooops! I was so happy about all this I **** in my ***** :blush: But the silver lining is that I don’t have ******** problems! Happy times Happy times!!!!!

(Edited for those that might take offence)

Last edited:

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I’m going to try to ignore that last post and say that the hemi srt392 is probably even “better” than the camaro. Another 0.2 liters for 6.4 total, check, pushrods, check, efi not gdi, check, and the nostalgia of “hemi”....check.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I’m going to try to ignore that last post and say that the hemi srt392 is probably even “better” than the camaro. Another 0.2 liters for 6.4 total, check, pushrods, check, efi not gdi, check, and the nostalgia of “hemi”....check.

Yup the only ICE cars that can beat the fastest Tesla Model S cars (quarter mile) is the supercharged big displacement, pushrod motors. Old world meets new world and everyone else can only watch...

The dude even has a plastic engine to play with!
Sponsored

Last edited: