Who in OZ has placed an order ?

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
The Europeans apparently get the engine block heater as standard which is why that lower grille is mismatched - hopefully we will have matching upper and lower because I can't see the point in them installing a feature which will never see any use In our country. Time will tell in that one though - worst case scenario is to swap the grille.

I've already sourced a replacement rear panel in preparation for when mine arrives - that faux gas cap looks tacky on the S550 shape. Their focus group for the export markets obviously didn't have good taste.
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I couldn't agree more about the styling gurus who decided what the export market would desire...maybe they consulted with the rug and basket weavers guild, certainly not with any car lovers...the sensors for the collision avoidance are apparently on brackets behind the lower grille, so that shouldnt be an issue. You could be right about the block heater. The lower spec stateside models use this grille though...it may just be cost cutting, but at $66 for a new grille the same style as the upper, the one that is on it cant be much cheaper.
I would also have preferred two reds and an amber for the tail lights if three reds offend the authorities...the clears will take some getting used to.
I guess after looking at so many pics and vids of the US version for the last year or so, it makes ours seem a bit alien....they will become the norm after a while.

Race Red GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Racered
Further to lower grill, I think USA cars with ACC also get that lower grill , they also need sensors for distance. Have to wait and see what is behind lower grill to see if swap can be made.December seems to be a way off still.I have a 67 coupe Colarado Red with black Shelby stripes over roof and the chrome GT gas cap looks good.I know the new Faux gas cap is plastic but I think it will be ok in the flesh and I like the symbolism between the 67 and 2015 like all the other design queues that make it a Mustang.

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Ill probably get the rtr rear panel, i like the look of the subtle rtr in black plus ill be getting the grill and spoiler and maybe wheels

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
That sounds like a nice mustang you have there Race Red GT...the 67 coupe is a good looking car..a bit better looking than the first model coupe. I owned one of the 65 coupes nearly forty years ago and always liked the 67/68 version more. It goes to show that different syling cues impress different people..maybe the gurus thought that as the rest of the world were finally getting their own mustang that they threw as many early bits of stang symbolism at it as they could...and that is not a bad thing....at least there are many opportunities to make the looks of the car your own.

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Also another change on the European version was the center caps for the rims, the European version has the ford badge rather than the mustang badge for the US version. This is something that I will also change to the back to the original US Version.

So far the list is:
1. Fix the DRL's
2. Change the center caps on the wheels
3. Change the lower grill

Hopefully this list doesn't grow too much.

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Also another change on the European version was the center caps for the rims, the European version has the ford badge rather than the mustang badge for the US version. This is something that I will also change to the back to the original US Version.

So far the list is:
1. Fix the DRL's

Really the damn centrecaps grrrrr guess ill get rtr ones.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

So far the list is:
1. Fix the DRL's

Really the damn centrecaps grrrrr guess ill get rtr ones.
Yep noticed it in the exterior video :doh:

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
One of the things i love about the mustang is the lack of ford badging, hell id replace the windscreen just to get rid of the tiny logo lol.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
One of the things i love about the mustang is the lack of ford badging, hell id replace the windscreen just to get rid of the tiny logo lol.
Exactly my sentiments, I am still a Holden man at heart and this was one of my rationalisation points! Just the one logo

Sponsored

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Exactly my sentiments, I am still a Holden man at heart and this was one of my rationalisation points! Just the one logo
Haha least u can rest easy knowing that no part of this car has anything to do with fordau, idiots will say that the irs is falcon inspired but they are just butthurt. Ford in an interview said that in no uncertain terms that australia had nothing to do with the stang

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Also another change on the European version was the center caps for the rims, the European version has the ford badge rather than the mustang badge for the US version.
The European brochure kindly posted by WILDB shows the pony logo on the centre caps. Only time will tell...

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
The European brochure kindly posted by WILDB shows the pony logo on the centre caps. Only time will tell...
Thats interesting, the video showed otherwise :headbonk:

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Nice to see that there's some reasonable people in the red corner ;)

Welcome to blue, we have cookies and DOHC.

:ford:

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Nice to see that there's some reasonable people in the red corner ;)

Welcome to blue, we have cookies and DOHC.

:ford:
Most importantly you have the Mustang!!! After looking into the feasibility of importing a Corvette Z06 and converting it to RHD it was just not possible on my budget. $48,000 was the conversion cost to RHD and with the AUS dollar going south against the US it made little to no sense.

The Mustang although it is a Ford, its a stunning looking car. I know a lot of us are currently knit-picking the superfluous additions but we are still getting a lot of car for the money. I feel very sorry for the person on carsales who is selling his 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium for $132,000 (now $128,000).

By Australian Standards I think $60,000 is a bargain for a rear wheel drive V8 coupe. Comparatively was $60,000 (~$71,000 in todays money) when it was released, also the HSV GTO was $80,000 (~95,000 in todays money). Currently Holden/HSV has nothing even remotely close to a Mustang and all stories currently suggest that this will be the way until 2016/2017. I also prefer the styling of the Mustang to the Camaro.

Having seen the car in person in the US, it truly is stunning. I can't wait! I once read that a true car enthusiast does not align them self to one brand, but rather takes advantage of what is out there!
Sponsored