Sponsored

Who in OZ has placed an order ?

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
Just curious how many have placed an order not knowing spec's or pricing ?

I have on a CO fastback GT with PP some time ago. now the wait while Ford Australia give us something......... anything pleeeeeeease :frusty:
Sponsored

nak302

Threads
Reaction score
my local didn't even take down my details to get back to me. last quarter next year apparently.

OP
OP
firstmustang

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
my local didn't even take down my details to get back to me. last quarter next year apparently.
That's interesting, my dealer has now 17 orders with deposits and indicating 1Q 2015 and then you hear others being quoted 2Q 2015.

1 or 2Q makes sense as no more production from FPV except completion of GT-F 351. That would place Ford Australia with out a high performance vehicle to compete against the HSV, don't think that would be an option . Guess it's up to US production when the right handers are to be built?:confused:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
That's interesting, my dealer has now 17 orders with deposits and indicating 1Q 2015 and then you hear others being quoted 2Q 2015.

1 or 2Q makes sense as no more production from FPV except completion of GT-F 351. That would place Ford Australia with out a high performance vehicle to compete against the HSV, don't think that would be an option . Guess it's up to US production when the right handers are to be built?:confused:
Yes all Mustangs are being built in the US Flat Rock plant.

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
It's all about pricing and driver reviews for me - I don't like buying uninformed. I can wait till late 15' no worries.

Sponsored

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Aren't Ford Au bringing back the XR8 before they close the manufacturing down? Maybe they wanna sell all their bits and pieces before bringing out the Mustang. I can wait, but gee it's hard hearing all these orders and varieties already, when we are being kept in the dark here.

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
All new XR8 with Mustang Lines.

Revealed the new look 2014 Falcon XRB with 2015 mustang like grill.

I do like the Gold.
1249104787695.jpeg

Utedog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
I sent ford AU an email asking them when there would be updated info for ordering and options , this is the reply I got last Thursday:
"
Thank you for your e-mail to Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited (Ford Australia).

In relation to your enquiry, unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with the release date or further information for the new Ford Mustang, as this information has not yet been released to the public.

We suggest that you keep reviewing the Ford Australia website for any further updates, as when new information is released it will be posted on this site.

"
I then replied and said the website hasn't been update since December 13 in regards to the Mustang, perhaps they could release some info to keep us interested she then sent me this reply and a customer satisfaction survey:
"
Thank you for your e-mail to Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited (Ford Australia).

In response to your enquiry, we apologise that we are unable to provide you with further information on the Ford Mustang. We appreciate your feedback and can advise that your email has been forwarded to our Marketing Department.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Ford Customer Relationship Centre on 13 FORD (13 3673), between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm (AEST), Monday to Friday, quoting your reference number.

We trust this is of assistance and thank you for taking the time to contact Ford Australia. "

So any dealers taking order probably are just earning interest on your money for a while with no clue. Hopefully now I have built a relationship with Ford Australia they might send me another email.....

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

RHD will come out of Flat Rock Assembly at the end of each MY run.

Sponsored

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA
Turbo 43K drive-away
V8 66K drive-away.

Still hate the white tail lights we will be apparently getting.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
I put a deposit down a few months ago. On the waiting list - only about 6 - 8 months (hopefully) to go.

5Boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saleen E, 2007 Roush, 2013 GT, 2015 GT
Long wait

Can't see a very early delivery into Aus with the US process just starting to flow now.
We ordered a GT in the US on the 2nd of September to keep over there and expecting delivery late November or early December.
There are guys in the US that ordered in May and are yet to see it loaded into Cotus.
If you want a retail or custom order it will a long wait with a 2 month build time and then shipping to here.
We ordered a retail car in the US as all dealer stock was not optioned as we wanted it.
I have seen the car and sat in it and it is vastly different than our 2013 GT but the interior looks great, didn't get to drive it as it was in a Halloween function and I came back to Perth the next day.:mad:
The ecoboost looks a little bare under the bonnet but the salesman swears it is a blast to drive.
I will post detailed photos when the car is delivered to our house in Oregon.:ford:

OP
OP
firstmustang

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
Great news 5Boss, look forward to the pics of your new beast.

Guess the rest of us Aussies will have to wait till December 15 for our drives, that'll mean I've had an order deposit down for 2 years before i get to drive mine :frusty: Got to be a record wait for a Ford!!

Maybe it's time to book a Route66 tour with 6G Mustang as a driver soooon :thumbsup:

peambros

Inner westie
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
RR MY2016 V8 Fastback
Ford at their Best

I contacted Ford Customer service as was mentioned earlier in this thread and complained about the lack of responsiveness etc etc and the CSR then dumped on Ford Marketing re "they never tell us anything (read that as mushrooms) and she was not able to help me other than to say they had been told availability was between Q1 and Q2 calendar year 2015. I hsve been registered on Fords Web site for almost a year and unlike their suggestions have never received any information at all. The dealer staff seem to equally uninformed. As a Marketing person of 30 years and someone that Lectures uni students in Services Marketing, I frequently use Ford as a case study on worlds worst practice.
Sponsored