Sponsored

Who in OZ has placed an order ?

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
I once read that a true car enthusiast does not align them self to one brand, but rather takes advantage of what is out there!
This is how i feel, only morons circle jerk over a brand, the best thing about the death of the commodore and falcon is hopefully the end of red v blue, lets just hope bogans dont start chev v ford in Aus
Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Most importantly you have the Mustang!!! After looking into the feasibility of importing a Corvette Z06 and converting it to RHD it was just not possible on my budget. $48,000 was the conversion cost to RHD and with the AUS dollar going south against the US it made little to no sense.

The Mustang although it is a Ford, its a stunning looking car. I know a lot of us are currently knit-picking the superfluous additions but we are still getting a lot of car for the money. I feel very sorry for the person on carsales who is selling his 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium for $132,000 (now $128,000).

By Australian Standards I think $60,000 is a bargain for a rear wheel drive V8 coupe. Comparatively was $60,000 (~$71,000 in todays money) when it was released, also the HSV GTO was $80,000 (~95,000 in todays money). Currently Holden/HSV has nothing even remotely close to a Mustang and all stories currently suggest that this will be the way until 2016/2017. I also prefer the styling of the Mustang to the Camaro.

Having seen the car in person in the US, it truly is stunning. I can't wait! I once read that a true car enthusiast does not align them self to one brand, but rather takes advantage of what is out there!
As always, may the best product [most suited to your needs at the time] win! :cheers:

I never thought i'd buy a Toyota and yet i've had 2.5 years of perfect motoring in the 86. There was nothing new around at the time that ticked so many boxes, even still now.

But I miss a V8, and in my eyes the Mustang is absolutely perfect. Except for the wait, but i've been here before...:headbonk:

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
As always, may the best product [most suited to your needs at the time] win! :cheers:

I never thought i'd buy a Toyota and yet i've had 2.5 years of perfect motoring in the 86. There was nothing new around at the time that ticked so many boxes, even still now.

But I miss a V8, and in my eyes the Mustang is absolutely perfect. Except for the wait, but i've been here before...:headbonk:
Wait is going to be ridiculous...........I'm even thinking of just tuning out for 4-5 months from all the Mustang news/forums etc until something concrete from Ford Australia finally comes our way.

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
I went thru it with my srt, preorded the day they first showed it at la motor show but this is so much worse haha its not helping having parts arrive

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
I went thru it with my srt, preorded the day they first showed it at la motor show but this is so much worse haha its not helping having parts arrive
I'm trying not to order anything, but then keep looking at the Barton quick shifter and Magnaflow exhausts....:frusty:

Sponsored

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
I'm trying not to order anything, but then keep looking at the Barton quick shifter and Magnaflow exhausts....:frusty:
Its hard but there are certain things i want to make sure are here, i also religiously watch all the cj/am/late model install vids for both eco and gt haha

Now im just waiting on frigging rtr to release their parts so i can get them, especially the spoiler so i can get the stripes on ready

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
My take on it is that a true car enthusiast loves cars. You can still align with one brand but recognise that other manufacturers make great cars too. For example I love my FPV but would be proud to also have a GTS in the garage.

Edit: On the parts thing, I'm also looking at Vossen VSF1's with more than passing interest!

Edit 2: What does rtr stand for?

Thanks

Last edited:

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Wait is going to be ridiculous...........I'm even thinking of just tuning out for 4-5 months from all the Mustang news/forums etc until something concrete from Ford Australia finally comes our way.
heh heh it's not too bad, it feels nice knowing there's something pretty special coming for next summer's roadtrips. Hopefully. Plus its fun sifting through all of the rumours and everybody's take on the situation.

Plus, could be worse, F430 and F458 fezza waiting lists in Oz typically stretched to two years or more...and they're effectively standard models, so waitlists are the price you pay for wanting to have a desirable vehicle!

You're either the first to be in one after a wait, or the last to be in one if you don't commit early. By then there will be another something that catches your eye, and the cycle continues :shrug:

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
heh heh it's not too bad, it feels nice knowing there's something pretty special coming for next summer's roadtrips. Hopefully. Plus its fun sifting through all of the rumours and everybody's take on the situation.

Plus, could be worse, F430 and F458 fezza waiting lists in Oz typically stretched to two years or more...and they're effectively standard models, so waitlists are the price you pay for wanting to have a desirable vehicle!

You're either the first to be in one after a wait, or the last to be in one if you don't commit early. By then there will be another something that catches your eye, and the cycle continues :shrug:
Its been about 2 years for some of us already lol

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Its been about 2 years for some of us already lol
I know, I mentioned my interest for the 2015 stang all the way back in December 2013 haha

Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
So has everyone received their invitation in July for the official viewing in the flesh?

austang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Veloster Turbo
So has everyone received their invitation in July for the official viewing in the flesh?
I believe Thompson Ford this Friday and Rockdale ford next Thursday. All Sydney locations. Could be others. Got a call around 2 weeks ago for viewing

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
I am going to the Mustang pre-view, at Peter Warren Ford at Warrick Farm - (Sydney), this Thursday night.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Must be the one car doing the rounds to all the dealerships. Mine is for the 3rd July at Dominelli Ford

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
Don't forget to post pics if they allow you to take them :D
Sponsored