Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT's Build

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I have been researching mods for months whilst I have been waiting for my car to arrive. Hopefully it should arrive soon so I thought it is only fitting that I start a build thread.

All the researching I have completed has lead me to the below list, which should be perfect for my needs now and if I want to add some forced induction later in my cars life.

I started my research in the issues section of the forum so I could see what are the most commonly complained about parts of the mustang, if I could upgrade them to a better alternative then it would make a part of my list

Exhaust
Corsa Sports catback with silver tips

Transmission
MGW compact short shifter
Steeda transmission bushing

Engine
UPR oil catch can
Custom tune
Blue Power Racing Custom Cold Air Intake

Suspension
Vogtland Sport Springs
BMR CB005 Cradle Lockout Kit
BMR TCA045 Vertical Links
Steeda Poly Diff Bushings

Interior
Shelby GT350 steering wheel
SHelby GT350 Starter Button
Anarchy motive shift knob

Exterior
Craig's custom number plate bracket
Tinting
Opticoat pro+
MRR M350 19x10 & 19x11 wrapped in MPSS 275/35 and 295/35
Ford Performance Rear Decklid
Ford Perfomance Black Pony and Side 5.0 Badges

Future mods
RHD compatible headers
GT350 intake
Cold air induction kit
Custom tune

New rims, maybe Velgen VMB9

Sold List
Sto n sho
JMS Pedalmax

So this is my list so far, let me know what you guys think. I will attach videos and pictures when I can but at the moment all I have is a bunch of cardboard boxes.

Thanks for reading!

:cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I finally saw my car yesterday for the first time, its almost surreal after the long wait.
kS2D3M0h.jpg
zu8jK4Fh.jpg

Last edited:

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Congratulations man. Looks great! Can't wait to see all the mods loaded in finally :thumbsup:

PS: Is that my black GT next to yours :ninja:

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Congratulations man. Looks great! Can't wait to see all the mods loaded in finally :thumbsup:

PS: Is that my black GT next to yours :ninja:
Thanks, it has so much road presence and is a lot bigger than what I thought. You will love yours when it comes in.

Well it could be yours, word is that the guy is currently in haiwaii for the month!

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Thanks, it has so much road presence and is a lot bigger than what I thought. You will love yours when it comes in.

Well it could be yours, word is that the guy is currently in haiwaii for the month!
Yeah they are definitely very wide (and low). Door was below my hip!

Wow... what a douche. He should give me that, and take delivery of mine. What a waste...

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Last night I was able to pick up my Mustang and I absolutely love it. The car itself is absolutely stunning I am so glad that I chose this colour.

The drive:
The exhaust of the car isn't too bad for stock, you can certainly hear it from inside the cabin but the sound is still to quiet for my tastes. The steering is very tight and there is limited play.

The Mustang is a WIDE car, which can get rather interesting especially on smaller two lane roads. This will take a little getting used to but I'm sure I will manage.

The bonnet is huge, you are kind of guessing where the front of the car ends and it certainly looks like it lifts when driving along, I'm not sure where it should but its something I will check with other owners.

The suspension:
Its sports suspension so it isn't very kind when going over bumps but it rides and sits nice and low to the ground. I personally don't think I will be lowering the car but I'm sure many others will.

The transmission:
Very notchy, I am looking forward to my MGW swap, but it still drove very nice.

How it looks:
I have driven supercars around the streets of Melbourne (Ferrari's, a Lamborghini and an Audi R8) but none of them cars got the attention that this mustang gets. I had a few people lean out of there cars to take a picture. One guy even got out of his car at the traffic lights to have a walk around. People stop and stare, which is something quite new to me!

However my car caused an accident last night, a guy was reversing in his Landcruiser and caught a glimpse of the Mustang, he continued to reverse whilst staring at the car and end up hitting another car....Maybe I should have a safety warning? :shrug:

The interior
The seats fit me perfectly which is great, it almost feels like the seat was made for me so thanks Ford. The clutch disengage point is a little to high for me but I will have to adjust the seat and the steering wheel to ensure I don't keep hitting the steering column.

I am not a fan of the steering wheel, I feel like the leather is too loose and it could do with some extra padding but that will be one of my first mods.

The cup holder placement, isn't too bad until I tried to drive with a drink bottle there. Then it was extremely annoying.

So here are some pictures.
aDAbZRUh.jpg
AIobHVYh.jpg
C4C8I1Th.jpg
0Pwtqawh.jpg
heCJg5Nh.jpg
UPkIDuth.jpg

Last edited:

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Looks like you won't get the benefit of the cup holder changes from the 14s, they are right under your arm even worse! Looks so strange with the RHD. I remember driving on Aus and NZ. Shifting is a mind fuck.

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Looks like you won't get the benefit of the cup holder changes from the 14s, they are right under your arm even worse! Looks so strange with the RHD. I remember driving on Aus and NZ. Shifting is a mind fuck.
Haha I feel exactly the same when driving a manual stateside, its just confusing!

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Haha I feel exactly the same when driving a manual stateside, its just confusing!
Congrats on getting the car mate, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

How are you approaching the mod situation - will you drive it around stock for a while or get stuck in?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Congrats on getting the car mate, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

How are you approaching the mod situation - will you drive it around stock for a while or get stuck in?
I will drive it around stock until the first service which apparently is 2 months or 3000km. Then I will install the mods and get the paint protected.

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
My first mod is a UPR catch can fitted with the passenger side vent hose, it is working perfectly so far.

This picture is from 350kms after installing

Install photos

Now as for why I went with UPR instead of bobs or another provider?
Basically I wasn't sure if the mounting point would be compatible or if that would cause me an issue so I decided to get one that doesn't mount. I highly recommend the UPR, it took me about 3 minutes to install.
iUdYj9Qh.jpg
HApnBTJh.jpg
TqJm6d8h.jpg
9LPzDsah.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
So today I finally got my car tinted. I went with 3M CS35 Black which is darkest legal tint. I am glad I no longer have the fish bowl look to my car.

Before

After

Bonus

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
So my car is currently being Opticoated, its interesting how the the roof shape is so similar on these two cars.

Sponsored