Who has underglow ?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Yeah if you could later that would be much appreciated! So you wired to fuse box under the hood and assuming went through the grommet to mount under the passenger feet area ?
Yes I ran it thru the grommet on the passanger side wheel well. I circled the tap I used for the lights. The other two are for my meth kit.
20220624_121726.jpg

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Yes I ran it thru the grommet on the passanger side wheel well. I circled the tap I used for the lights. The other two are for my meth kit.
20220624_121726.jpg
Thanks dude ! Really appreciate it, did you hook up the optional aux cable for the "door assist" so it lights up when you open the doors ?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks dude ! Really appreciate it, did you hook up the optional aux cable for the "door assist" so it lights up when you open the doors ?
Yes I did. Only bad thing on the mustang is with the fade on function of the interior lights, the leds flicker for a second before lighting up completely.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Yes I did. Only bad thing on the mustang is with the fade on function of the interior lights, the leds flicker for a second before lighting up completely.
I'll see if I'm able to figure out where to tap in for that. Google should help me find the correct terminal 😅 and the way your wired everything I'm pretty much gonna copy, they only go on when you turn them on right? Or they go on every time the car is on ? (Talking about in general....not the courtesy lights)

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'll see if I'm able to figure out where to tap in for that. Google should help me find the correct terminal 😅 and the way your wired everything I'm pretty much gonna copy, they only go on when you turn them on right? Or they go on every time the car is on ? (Talking about in general....not the courtesy lights)
Courtesy go on any time the interior lights go on but other than that yes they only go on when you turn them on. Look up raxiom interior lights for the mustang. I think that's the name? I believe its American muscle that has an install video for them and they tie into the interior light circuit on the passanger side. I used that to find the wire for the trigger tie in.

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Courtesy go on any time the interior lights go on but other than that yes they only go on when you turn them on. Look up raxiom interior lights for the mustang. I think that's the name? I believe its American muscle that has an install video for them and they tie into the interior light circuit on the passanger side. I used that to find the wire for the trigger tie in.
Got it ! I'm gonna attempt install Saturday or Sunday so I'll post results when I'm done ! Thanks alot for the tips !!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I have an opt7 kit. Works good and runs off an app. I'd buy their bundle so you have different sizes to work with. There's not really any place to mount a 3ft tube in the back so im running two 12" lights back there. Used the extra 3ft in my grill.
20220102_180726.jpg
So you have 1x 3ft in the front, 2x what? 5" on the sides? and 2x 12" on the rears? Did they send this all to you with a bundle?

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
So you have 1x 3ft in the front, 2x what? 5" on the sides? and 2x 12" on the rears? Did they send this all to you with a bundle?
I have a 3ft under the front, 4fts on the sides, 2- 12" in the back and in the grill I put 1- 3ft and 2- 12".

Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I like the rim lights

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
I have a 3ft under the front, 4fts on the sides, 2- 12" in the back and in the grill I put 1- 3ft and 2- 12".
Thanks for the information. I just ordered the same kit to install this week. Can you please elaborate on this " grommet" on the passenger side? Should I take that wheel off and pull back the lining or something? I just don't know what you are referencing.

Did you screw the light bars down for the side strips, or use a different method? I installed jacking rails and am a bit confused on where good placement would be for them.

I was thinking about buying powerful magnets and gluing them on the the strips and just connecting to the jacking rails 🤔

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Thanks for the information. I just ordered the same kit to install this week. Can you please elaborate on this " grommet" on the passenger side? Should I take that wheel off and pull back the lining or something? I just don't know what you are referencing.

Did you screw the light bars down for the side strips, or use a different method? I installed jacking rails and am a bit confused on where good placement would be for them.

I was thinking about buying powerful magnets and gluing them on the the strips and just connecting to the jacking rails 🤔
I'm installing mine as we speak. Quick breakfast break though. I'll post pics where I mount mine. Had to run to home depot also for some hard metal drill bits

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

Yes pull the fender liner back and you'll see the grommet on the passanger side. I used screws on both ends of the light bars plus I used zipties and tie wire along the lights so they don't flex.

I also have jacking rails. My lights are mounted about 8" in from the sides. I didn't want them near the rails. Lights project well from there.
Sponsored

Reactions: MCS