Sponsored

Who else is here without a Stang?

Which one are you?

• You have a 6th gen Mustang.

Votes: 96 58.5%
  • You want or are waiting to buy a 6th gen mustang.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • You are a Camaro fan here to spy and see what's going on....

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • You wish us non owners would leave you people alone. =)

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters

BleedingTeal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Future: '19 Mustang GT, current: '12 VW Golf R
Sweet. I spy a few fellow Dubbers in here [MENTION=18241]Sammzway[/MENTION] & [MENTION=8143]mdw195[/MENTION]. And a fellow Bay Arean Mike.

I'm currently in an 09 CC, and my previous car was an 01 GTI VR6. So I'm definitely interest in what you guys, or at least Sammz, have to say about the ride quality and performance of the GT compared to the CC. I've sat in the GT a few times but have yet to take it out myself. Maybe this weekend since it's a holiday and I'll have some free time.
Sponsored

GT5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I've been patiently waiting to get into a new Mustang ever since I sold my 2006 three years ago. Hasn't been in the cards for me since my daughter had cancer (she's one year in remission!) and has long term disabilities. Oh well, I've enjoyed the witty banter and photos here on M6G. I've got my older beater truck that is enough to tinker with for now. I've toyed with selling it for a New Edge, but I need the truck for work.
Hang in there man and hope it happens sooner for ya. I gave up my 04 Mach1, a year after I bought it, for family reasons also although not as serious as yours (beat the C!). Went through the S197 era lusting after the Shelby and wasn't sold on the S550 until I saw it in guard with the PP. Just like with the Mach1 in Dark Shadow Grey, there is something about it in that color. Now that I can swing it I'm stuck in 'recall hell' waiting for it's remedy. Ten year drought almost over!

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
Sweet. I spy a few fellow Dubbers in here [MENTION=18241]Sammzway[/MENTION] & [MENTION=8143]mdw195[/MENTION]. And a fellow Bay Arean Mike.

I'm currently in an 09 CC, and my previous car was an 01 GTI VR6. So I'm definitely interest in what you guys, or at least Sammz, have to say about the ride quality and performance of the GT compared to the CC. I've sat in the GT a few times but have yet to take it out myself. Maybe this weekend since it's a holiday and I'll have some free time.

Hey, 09 CC is the original breed lol. I had a 2012 CC and it was mostly stock. Believe it or not there are many people here that came from VW. Overall, it's a totally different car but the rear seat will feel the same lol. CC rear seat was uncomfy, even though it was a sedan but felt like a coupe due to the slope. DSG was pretty good but weird at first and needed getting used to. I don't know about auto S550 but my manual is pretty good. It's a bit loud and notchy but much easier to drive than a GTI or any VW. One thing that the s550 has over VW is quality. Believe it or not, ford did a great job with building a car that won't break down due to a sensor or HPFP or LPFP which VW still this day can't seem to figure out. I owned the cc for 3 years and went thru 3 fuel pump lol and a whole bunch of electrical sensors all over the car. Hope the info helps, good luck with your adventure of finding the right S550.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I had Mustangs in the past. I chose to get rid of my 07 GT when my daily commute changed. I would love to get back into a Mustang, but might need something more practical as my next vehicle.

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I am without Mustang. I currently have a 2010 Evo GSR that I have had since 2011. I have had the Evo for sale all month. As soon as the Evo sells I am buying a 2016 Mustang GT with PP and Recaros.

Jenkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
I currently drive a 1992 3000GT VR4. I was gearing up to purchase a 15 premium with PP in December, but I may have to look into buying my first house instead. When my wife makes up her mind then I'll know what my options are.:thumbsup:

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
Need another option, "I have a 6th gen Mustang with a blown up tranny that's in the shop, I am depressed."

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Need another option, "I have a 6th gen Mustang with a blown up tranny that's in the shop, I am depressed."
Ouch, that sucks.

Sponsored

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
I'm Mustangless. I've been a fan for over 15 years (since I was ~16) but for us they're certainly more exotic. If you get a classic it's big $ but you can leave it LHD (if the car is over 30 years old), if you get a younger one you must convert it to RHD, and they are even more $$.

So an average classic is 50k+, with nice examples around 70 - 80k. The newer ones just seem ridiculous, at around and well over 100k. With the new 6G we're going to see Mustangs sold by Ford, as RHD, and a beautiful one too (and at around 60k for a GT, great value / meets new car market price). I hope it is the start of a growing trend, that it continues to sell here and becomes more complete as a RHD (you know, like console / cup-holders, better taillights, etc).

So I'm saving for my first home, which means no spending any money for the next year and a half or so. Then hopefully I'll be buying my first home, which means putting as much into it as possible for a couple of years at least to beat down the interest. Then (so about 7-12 years...) I might start looking at actually getting on of these dream machines. We'll see how things go I guess.

haknslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 FX2
I have been lurking here for over a year and I still visit this site at least a few times each week. Having to wait until Feb when I pay off my truck but getting closer each week to owning a new GT.

Clarkson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clarkson
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Ingot Silver Manual
Currently riding a mountain bike to commute... Looking forward to getting a mustang or a 2016 camaro as my first car!

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
I had a 07 Shelby GT which I recently had to sell because of financial reasons and now I am putting around in an 07 Focus. Hoping in the next 2 years to get into a S550.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I joined for research purposes. I don't have a stang nor have I ordered one yet. I'm still very active riding dirt bikes and right now my first priority is a new one (KTM 300), in Feb. I think in the spring I might order a car, gotta wait and see what the business does....we are looking to sell our company so I'm waiting it out. I currently have no car payments, but the wife wants a new Lexus.

I've had two mustangs, both probably older that a lot of folks here, a 1983 GT T-Top white and black and a white 89 LX 5.0, dad had a 88 Saleen. I honestly don't know what I want yet a Mustang or something else, really like the Lexus RC myself knowing it isn't a track car or anything performance capable of a mustang GT. I'm also kind of holding out to see if 2017 brings us a Mach 1, that is something I would jump on.

So I read and learn at this point, really enjoy the forum, people etc. also.
Sponsored