Sponsored

Who else is here without a Stang?

Which one are you?

• You have a 6th gen Mustang.

Votes: 96 58.5%
  • You want or are waiting to buy a 6th gen mustang.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • You are a Camaro fan here to spy and see what's going on....

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • You wish us non owners would leave you people alone. =)

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
No Mustang yet. One day for sure, but for now, I've still got a reasonably fun Ford and interesting classic car. :headbang:

My dad has one too, except he's the original owner of his car, and I'm the 3rd or 8th owner of mine!

But that's ok, we both want Mustangs!:cheers:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Need another option, "I have a 6th gen Mustang with a blown up tranny that's in the shop, I am depressed."
What happened?

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
No Mustang here. Been lurking here for a while and several other mustang forums (and other car forums) for the last couple of years. Wasn't sold on the last gen mustang. Torturing myself on this one trying to decide between a manual and an automatic. I'm hoping it will all become clear to me soon. Looking to be in a new muscle car for this spring. It's been a long time without one.

Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I'm wanting one, but we just bought a new CR-V for the family, and have those payments. I drive a paid for 05 Acura RL that is still a very enjoyable car in a different way that the Mustang will never be, but will be in other areas. I am looking at replacing it because I don't want to shell out big bucks on an 11 year old car, but it's just top of the line in a way I'm not sure I will be able to replace again. Also it has DVD and DTS surround sound that I won't be able to replicate in the Mustang, not for any amount of money I would be willing to spend anyway. It's a 300hp luxury sport sedan with SH-AWD, and the Mustang doesn't have that. That's a big deal to me now that I am used to having it. I read all these reports and see videos of Mustang owners losing control even with the traction control, and I know it's apples to oranges. But the ability to drive so care free and jam the throttle pulling out on a turn in the rain and let the computers worry about it is amazing. It's almost as fast as the V6 Mustang, and I never want for more power for my driving style. I'm not knocking the Mustang, it's a totally different car, and the only one that excites me enough to replace my car, which you have to understand, was the flagship car for Honda in 2005. I figure they'll keep making Mustangs, but newer Japanese luxury cars are too expensive and even more complicated than my car. When I first got it (used) I thought it was a gussied up Accord till I saw it jacked up at my Honda mechanic. A bunch of Aluminum and a carbon fiber driveshaft under there. Very high tech. The money spent on that car is not visible, and not even appreciated by most buyers, but I love it. Just not ready to part with it yet, but soon, maybe next year. I keep thinking that maybe by waiting I can afford a used GT, but I think a new V6 will be better for me. Fast enough, lower insurance and operating costs. I'll just never use all that power. The V6 is fast to me, the GT is a supercar to me!

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Broke but HAPPY!!!
See, I don't want to be here. I CAN afford the Mustang I want now, but I don't want to be broke doing it, I WON'T be happy. I am waiting. If I can get the CR-V paid for, then I don't mind the Mustang payment. $38K to go on my house as well. I am VERY debt averse. It really bothers me for some reason.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
See, I don't want to be here. I CAN afford the Mustang I want now, but I don't want to be broke doing it, I WON'T be happy. I am waiting. If I can get the CR-V paid for, then I don't mind the Mustang payment. $38K to go on my house as well. I am VERY debt averse. It really bothers me for some reason.
we're saying broke because of being on this forum and modding...not because of owning the car :D

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
OK, I get that. But you further make my point. I want to be able to have extras for mods. Maybe wheels if I end up with a base V6, and definitely some stereo mods. Mods are mods, even if they're not go fast mods.

Coyotestang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 3.73
Yesterday I did a build and price on a 2016 Mustang GT premium. Really tempted to get rid of my '13 but need to buy a house first. Built a premium with 20" wheels, Nav, premium leather, 3.55 axle, manual trans, for $39,800. Great deal has more than my 2013 premium track pack and sticker about the same price.

Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
$40K for a GT. How premium the Mustang has become. It's crazy. Last time I went to an Auto show I just got mad. Either they don't want me to drive anything nice, or they want me as a debt slave....

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX

If you think you'll go broke buying a mustang then you really can't afford a mustang lol. If you have to try to justify the reason why you can't get a mustang right now- well you can't afford it. There's nothing wrong with that though. You have other priorities right now which is also cool.

We have all gone through this. When you have tons of disposable income laying around after daily expense and investments, you can pick up a Stang of your choice and mod the hell out of it (or drive it stock, whatever you prefer)

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
This is why I may just go with a 13-14 and save $12k-$15k.

$40K for a GT. How premium the Mustang has become. It's crazy. Last time I went to an Auto show I just got mad. Either they don't want me to drive anything nice, or they want me as a debt slave....

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
If you think you'll go broke buying a mustang then you really can't afford a mustang lol. If you have to try to justify the reason why you can't get a mustang right now- well you can't afford it. There's nothing wrong with that though. You have other priorities right now which is also cool.

We have all gone through this. When you have tons of disposable income laying around after daily expense and investments, you can pick up a Stang of your choice and mod the hell out of it (or drive it stock, whatever you prefer)
You're right. for me, I can't afford it right now. I can wait. Right now I drive the car my boss drove years ago brand new and I was really liking it thinking I would never drive one. I have one now, the Acura RL. Going to enjoy it a bit longer and get the Mustang later, and be happy with a V6 as it's way beyond the GT's of many years ago.
Sponsored