Sponsored

Who built your motor??

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
The one below that is Maskolf.

Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Did Stevie build Toms car?

Too soon?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Did Stevie build Toms car?

Too soon?
Yep, too soon. Only 330 or so miles on her. Pathetic, but its mostly been in the shop since I had her. Lately I've been working on all the misc stuff and haven't had the chance to get out and enjoy her.

I have no reason to group the folks building the engines as those in the general population working the line. I dont know the hierarchy of who does what, but my quality control on the assembly line was bad. I have one issue left.... the body shop didn't correct it so I guess I will have to..... the right portion of the hood sits low against the fender. I havent searched for the adjustment for that yet, but its probably just a tweak of the hood. Since I won't be getting a carbon fiber hood now, I will adjust the OEM one so that it is right.

Next projects are to remove the camber plate screw pins and install the lightweight roll cage.

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Yep, too soon.
Tom, real happy you are getting it sorted out and I know you pain is real.
I had a 2010 Camaro with problem after problem and most of its miles were on a flat bed. I invoked the California Lemon Law and shoved that Inferno Orange poker right up Chebbys Arse and refused to sign their non-disclosure agreement.
Looking back at it... still pisses me off.
You are doing us all a great service with your attention to detail and helping me (novice mechanic) with great information.

So, no offense intended, not comparing our situations, just punning.

Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Heres a pic of the Niche line builders at the Romeo plant. This was taken when the last gen of gt500 were being produced. But some of the names are the same.

Screenshot_20201028-212050_Chrome.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Heres a pic of the Niche line builders at the Romeo plant. This was taken when the last gen of gt500 were being produced. But some of the names are the same.

Screenshot_20201028-212050_Chrome.jpg
At the end of the day, these very people are the ones that we ultimately depend on. Every video I have seen of this group of people has been nothing short of professional and I believe they are fellow enthusiasts. Now that most of my assembly issues have been taken care of, I look forward to enjoying the vehicle. Content to follow.........

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
At the end of the day, these very people are the ones that we ultimately depend on. Every video I have seen of this group of people has been nothing short of professional and I believe they are fellow enthusiasts. Now that most of my assembly issues have been taken care of, I look forward to enjoying the vehicle. Content to follow.........
No doubt, to me putting a face to the name stamped on my engine is like putting together a family tree. There's no question these people pour everything into building our engines. Its cool to see how proud they are and it just makes more of a personal connection to the car. IMHO they want us to enjoy our cars as much as they enjoy being immortalized on a plaque of something to which we are a steward to.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Unfortunately, Ms. Booth is the only one on your list WP for which I have a signature. So either the Niche ranks are changing or, I just don't have all the signatures yet.

John, (@OH3Cobra) thanks for Brian's John Hancock. Added.

KB

signatures-comp.jpg
Sponsored