Whipple with Meth Injection "Just Happened"

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
My experience with meth was with a fox body with a dart 363 CID and twin screw Kenne bell setup. I tried many combinations of meth spraying before the throttle body through the compressor and also dual nozzle after the compressor. With my last setup with dual widebands I tried 4 different nozzles spraying 12, 20, 25, 30 gph and that was at 20psi boost. Now to put that I perspective your 625 ml per min equals 9.91 gph shomi was spraying a shit ton more than you. The strange thing is I was seeing very little swing in A/F like you. The whipple cal does and maybe even the Lund have the ability to trim fuel to target a certain A/F ratio.

It's nice to see your Lund tune was able to add more timing and I would bet a Whipple tune would have even more timing to add with meth. I think you could easily spray more without any issues. I never had any bog or negative affect from spraying as much as 30 gph equivalent to 3 625 mil nozzles from snow.
Sponsored

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
where is the iat sensor located in these cars? is it in the maf? or what?

if your spraying after the iat sensor i dont see how this will work properly.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
where is the iat sensor located in these cars? is it in the maf? or what?

if your spraying after the iat sensor i dont see how this will work properly.
I have a different IAT sensor is different than the one with the whipple kit. Mine records the IATs after the blower. That was a requirement for Lund's tune.

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
ok makes sense, amazing how much these computers can account for the added fuel etc. i was expecting the a/f to go very rich. would still expect you could get away with adding more then 1.2*'s tho. is lund willing to adjust your tune?

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
My experience with meth was with a fox body with a dart 363 CID and twin screw Kenne bell setup. I tried many combinations of meth spraying before the throttle body through the compressor and also dual nozzle after the compressor. With my last setup with dual widebands I tried 4 different nozzles spraying 12, 20, 25, 30 gph and that was at 20psi boost. Now to put that I perspective your 625 ml per min equals 9.91 gph shomi was spraying a shit ton more than you. The strange thing is I was seeing very little swing in A/F like you. The whipple cal does and maybe even the Lund have the ability to trim fuel to target a certain A/F ratio.

It's nice to see your Lund tune was able to add more timing and I would bet a Whipple tune would have even more timing to add with meth. I think you could easily spray more without any issues. I never had any bog or negative affect from spraying as much as 30 gph equivalent to 3 625 mil nozzles from snow.
Yeah bro, I'm really not injecting that much. I started out with the setting at 5psi and then max at 13psi. Then I brought the max down to 9psi and that gave me a better result. I might try starting at 2psi and max at 5psi. I really don't feel like adding another injector without tuning for meth/water.

Sponsored

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
ok makes sense, amazing how much these computers can account for the added fuel etc. i was expecting the a/f to go very rich. would still expect you could get away with adding more then 1.2*'s tho. is lund willing to adjust your tune?
I was expecting that too. I was very surprised! I'm thinking that the whipple calibration will give better results since theirs allows for more adjustability. [MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] I need your calibration :D

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I have asked Lund multiple times to adjust my tune and that it looks too tame. He said NO, that he likes it where it is at. Sucks! Therefore, he is FIRED! I wasn't asking for anything crazy aggressive. Just 18 degrees of timing and a 11.5 A/F.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Good read .. My question would be on a Procharger where would you put the meth injector ? My guess would be at the throttle body because I would not want water and meth going into the intercooler ..

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Good read .. My question would be on a Procharger where would you put the meth injector ? My guess would be at the throttle body because I would not want water and meth going into the intercooler ..
6" from the throttle body. Similar to a turbo setup.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I have asked Lund multiple times to adjust my tune and that it looks too tame. He said NO, that he likes it where it is at. Sucks! Therefore, he is FIRED! I wasn't asking for anything crazy aggressive. Just 18 degrees of timing and a 11.5 A/F.
After paying Lund a bunch of cash myself I fired him also ...:paddle:

Sponsored
OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
After paying Lund a bunch of cash myself I fired him also ...:paddle:
Yeah bro, I'm pissed! Around $1000 with ngauge and revisions to be given a tame tune. I'm either going with Ken Bjonnes or Whipple's calibration. Just depends on who gets back to me first. But in regards to meth on a ProCharger, injected right before the TB.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Yeah bro, I'm pissed! Around $1000 with ngauge and revisions to be given a tame tune. I'm either going with Ken Bjonnes or Whipple's calibration. Just depends on who gets back to me first. But in regards to meth on a ProCharger, injected right before the TB.
Count your losses and move on to Whipple tune system. Their tune is designed specifically for that hardware and is getting better every day.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Count your losses and move on to Whipple tune system. Their tune is designed specifically for that hardware and is getting better every day.
I know bro, their calibration is amazing! I really want to dial back the power in first and then in second.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Datalog results post 26

Installing a meth injection kit has been something that I have thought about doing ever since I installed the Whipple. This makes the 3rd meth kit that I have installed. So far, I have only worked on the install for 2 hours; maybe 1 hour left in wiring. Some people go a little crazy with installing all of the tubing under the car. Yeah, I have never done that, run it like speaker wire! I ran all of the tubing on the drivers side so that I can tap the vacuum hose for the ngauge boost plus. I did drill a hole through the fire wall about 3 inches to the left of the steering column; I have done this many times. The goal of this is to raise octane while increase cooling. So far, my IATs after the blower have averaged 90 degrees WOT. But, I expect my IATs to increase when it is 100 degrees outside during the summer; Tampa SUCKS!!! Plus, e85 is no where close to where I live and the cost of upgrading the fuel system sucks. I will be testing the meth injection on a dyno in a few weeks. I just need to figure out my next step with my tune. There is a 95% chance that I am going with Whipple's calibration. If I don't go with Whipple's then I will have Ken Bjonnes tune my car. However, I will be Snow Performance boost juice which is a 51/49% mix of water/meth. :headbang:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
You could always put it in the extra -6an plug on the inlet. Just need a 6an plug, tap it to 1/8" NPT and your good to go. Then its after the TB.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
You could always put it in the extra -6an plug on the inlet. Just need a 6an plug, tap it to 1/8" NPT and your good to go. Then its after the TB.
Yeah, I might change a few things up after dyno testing. I was concerned that there would be no difference and make the A/F would be very rich. Lol, I didn't even take the time to make the wiring look pretty yet. I do plan to install a snow performance flow gauge in a vent.
Sponsored