Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I was thinking of a surge tank type setup with pumps that also helps avoid fuel starvation

https://juggernautpower.com/product...ro-f90000274-e85?_pos=20&_sid=686de2c3a&_ss=r

Something like this I imagine would work if it uses stock lines or are you thinking of something else?

I have to smog my car here in Cali in like 2 years max I think so passing visual is certainly important. You think that would work?
If they see it you will not pass so find a good way to hide it
Sponsored

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was thinking of a surge tank type setup with pumps that also helps avoid fuel starvation

https://juggernautpower.com/product...ro-f90000274-e85?_pos=20&_sid=686de2c3a&_ss=r

Something like this I imagine would work if it uses stock lines or are you thinking of something else?

I have to smog my car here in Cali in like 2 years max I think so passing visual is certainly important. You think that would work?
A surge setup will be spotted for sure. More lines running around.
You don't need this because the stock system is a surge style system: I would build this up.

Yes you can do an in pump setup but still use the stock lines: However with E85 you're going to eventually run into a problem with the size of that because the 3/8" lines with the 5/16" quick connectors that are on the 15-17 are going to be a bottle neck.

You can do several things.

1: Run in tank option with the stock lines:
I would use a regulator that sits back near the tank so that the return is not seen by anyone.

2: Run in tank with the line size of you choice, remove the stock line completely but use a factory style quick disconnect fuel fitting (3/8" maybe). Obviously you will need the regulator in the same spot. I also would recommend a -8 so it looks stock still. -10 would look huge.

the quick disconnects are probably going to be the main thing that keeps it looking "stock"

OP
OP

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
A surge setup will be spotted for sure. More lines running around.
You don't need this because the stock system is a surge style system: I would build this up.

Yes you can do an in pump setup but still use the stock lines: However with E85 you're going to eventually run into a problem with the size of that because the 3/8" lines with the 5/16" quick connectors that are on the 15-17 are going to be a bottle neck.

You can do several things.

1: Run in tank option with the stock lines:
I would use a regulator that sits back near the tank so that the return is not seen by anyone.

2: Run in tank with the line size of you choice, remove the stock line completely but use a factory style quick disconnect fuel fitting (3/8" maybe). Obviously you will need the regulator in the same spot. I also would recommend a -8 so it looks stock still. -10 would look huge.

the quick disconnects are probably going to be the main thing that keeps it looking "stock"
When you say in tank option, you mean like a hanger type with pumps?

https://juggernautpower.com/collect...0-fuel-system-11-21-gt?variant=40525047562422

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
upgrade the fuel line but keep the stock line in place. When it is time for smog hook up the stock line and rails and tuck the larger line away. It’s not illegal to have a line that is not being used. Smog it then go back to the larger line and rails

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Another way is to tape $400 under the hood before you smog it and take a picture. When you pass and the money is gone all is good. if you fail and the money is still there go somewhere else. if you fail and money is gone you have proof. This trick only works at a cheaper smog shop and I recommend you schedule your test for Friday right before closing 90% of the time you will pass and if it is only the visual part that won’t pass this will work 99%
Sponsored