Whipple with Meth Injection "Just Happened"

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks for the write up and pictures on this. I have the same tank and pump and will be trying this sometime with the simple boost switch also. What size nozzle are you using?
Sponsored

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4

dunnyrc51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Premium GT PP
subbed. I want to know what nozzle size to. I have the Snow Performance kit on mine. They recommended the #6 nozzle but the car didnt like it. So I went to the 3. I need to dyno the different nozzles to see what works best. Using Boost Juice also.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Went to Snows website , they claim a good pump in HP with their kit on boosted cars .. And safety also .... Hummmm I'm going think hard about this mod ...

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
subbed. I want to know what nozzle size to. I have the Snow Performance kit on mine. They recommended the #6 nozzle but the car didnt like it. So I went to the 3. I need to dyno the different nozzles to see what works best. Using Boost Juice also.
How much power were you makingwhen you used the #6 nozzle? I have seen people run 2 nozzles before on cars making 650rwhp+. I figured that 1 #6 would be find since I am not tuning for meth injection.

Sponsored

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Went to Snows website , they claim a good pump in HP with their kit on boosted cars .. And safety also .... Hummmm I'm going think hard about this mod ...
I hope to have initial results this week; datalogs. I'll compare the timing and lambda to my previous logs.

*I don't expect the timing to change much or at all. I'm not on the whipple calibration yet and have noticed that my timing doesn't change even with VP octanium.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I hope to have initial results this week; datalogs. I'll compare the timing and lambda to my previous logs.

*I don't expect the timing to change much or at all. I'm not on the whipple calibration yet and have noticed that my timing doesn't change even with VP octanium.
Still you should pick up some extra HP from the cooler intake charge even without a tune .. It will show up in the summer heat in Tampa for sure ..

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
its amazing how unknown meth injection is with the mustang community. its good stuff, you just need to maintain the pumps. meth is very bad on rubber seals so the pumps should be sent in for general maintenance every year or two. ive been running it for years on my corvette with no issues what so ever, it helps with iats and provides a octane boost.

in for results and im curious what you do about the tuning. whipple already told me they dont do custom tunes so you either need to add it with there tune and see what the stock computer does or bring it to someone thats willing to tune for it which seems quite hard for some reason.
just adding it on top i don't think it will do anything and could possible make you loose power, just makes the car run super rich.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
its amazing how unknown meth injection is with the mustang community. its good stuff, you just need to maintain the pumps. meth is very bad on rubber seals so the pumps should be sent in for general maintenance every year or two. ive been running it for years on my corvette with no issues what so ever, it helps with iats and provides a octane boost.

in for results and im curious what you do about the tuning. whipple already told me they dont do custom tunes so you either need to add it with there tune and see what the stock computer does or bring it to someone thats willing to tune for it which seems quite hard for some reason.
just adding it on top i don't think it will do anything and could possible make you loose power, just makes the car run super rich.
Yeah, whipple doesn't do custom tunes but their tune adjust a lot depending on octane and I believe cooler IATs. I have heard that their tune can adjust up to 22degs of timing. My current tune is at 16.8degs of timing. But, whipple's tune is appealing to me. I'm going to talk to Ken also and weigh my options. I would like to get a new tune before dyno testing the meth injection. My A/F is around 11.1:1 WOT.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import

Exactly!
It destroys rubber.

Sponsored
OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Datalog results are in!

Well, I have to say that I am very surprised with the logs. Today the temps are 82 degrees my without meth logs were taken in 60 degree weather so take that in consideration in regards to the IATs. I didn't have mush time to just drive around and give it a sec to cool between runs or turn the meth off today; just beat on it lol. So far, I have just compared the timing and A/F. I honestly didn't expect any change in timing and I expected the A/F to get richer... Not by my choice, my tune is more conservative than Whipple's.

Without meth/water injection:
IATs: 90 degrees with outside temp at 60 degrees
Total Timing: 16.8
A/F: 11.01

Without meth/water injection but with VP Octanium:
IATs: 95 degrees with the outside temp at 65 degrees
Total Timing: 16.8
A/F: 11.16

With meth/water injection:
IATs 100 degrees with outside temp at 82 degrees
Total Timing: 17.5
A/F: 11.23

Timing through all of the logs with meth were consistently higher thoughout all of the datalogs and A/F was slightly leaner. Surprisingly, the changes were better than even VP octanium with 5 gals of 93 in the tank. I will try to get on the dyno asap. I'm still working on getting a new tune. However, I am impressed with the results. I set the injection to start at 5psi and full at 9psi.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Looks like your timing was changed due to 10 degree cooler IAT.

But as is, it is still a great insurance to keep detonation away.
IATs were hotter today and the timing has never changed before. My IATs have been down to 80 degrees before and still 16.8 degrees of timing. 17.5 degrees of timing is a very good improvement and considering the IATs were at 100 degrees.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Good shit!! :thumbsup:
Sponsored