Sponsored

Which QuickJack?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Costco has the 5000 SLX, but I thought I read somewhere the 5000 EXT was also nicer (better components) instead of simply just longer. Does the SLX work great on the car, or is the EXT needed?
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
the SLX is what I have and i even use it( with some blocks) to pick up my Nissan Titan truck

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I've used 5000SLX couple of hundred times and it worked perfectly every single time. Had car on it for days while I took suspension apart...

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Costco has the 5000 SLX, but I thought I read somewhere the 5000 EXT was also nicer (better components) instead of simply just longer. Does the SLX work great on the car, or is the EXT needed?
I purchased the BL-5000EXT,

60 bucks difference makes for a better lift, no need for frame extenders. Watching some of the online videos. Noticed the fitting, (SLX) quick disconnects were not the quality the EXT version

IMG_0392.jpeg

Not great shot but you can see the extra 6"" extends across the complete bottom of the rocker panel.

IMG_0393.jpeg

^^^^^ quick disconnect

Use it one time you'll be sold and confident it is the way to fly, Pay attention to the manual, with regards to raising the lift without the car on it.
Use HYD jack oil, yes you can use ATF but why ?
Cheers,

money well spent

Last edited:

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
No problems with my 5000SLX, worth every penny.

Sponsored

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Another vote for for SLX (from Costco.). Use it regularly on 3 different cars for several years and no issues. The quick disconnects are beasts - if they were any bigger or stiffer It would be tough to use. Not sure what online vids show but i think they're the same - certainly look the same as the pict above.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
SLX, No one is saying there is a problem. It just seems ridiculous to me not to spend 60 bucks for a better grade of tool.

Aw but that's just me. It's like buying at the Miller welder over say home depot or the horrible freight brand.

With regards to the quick disconnect being robust. Could very well have been an older model. Not being a regular youtube watcher. Generally watch some stuff to have an over all view of a product.

Rock on

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
SLX, No one is saying there is a problem. It just seems ridiculous to me not to spend 60 bucks for a better grade of tool.
Not sure what's better about it (also didn't exist when I bought mine 3 years ago) - it's longer which has nothing to do better. If you have another car where it would not fit between wheels (like I do - two of them actually), it will be worse / useless.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have the 7000slx and its the best tool I've bought in years. Went with the 7000 because I also use it on my F150.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Aw but that's just me. It's like buying at the Miller welder over say home depot or the horrible freight brand.

With regards to the quick disconnect being robust. Could very well have been an older model. Not being a regular youtube watcher. Generally watch some stuff to have an over all view of a product.

Rock on
I think the problem for many is it's not $60 dollars. In my case, I paid $1,100 for SLX. I couldn't get the EXT for $60 more. It was $300 dollars more but more power to anyone who can get the EXT for a steal. If curious Greg, just come on by and we can compare the build between the two but hopefully the EXT is just a bit longer.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, it's not about the $60. It's much more than that because I haven't seen anyone that can touch Costco's price on the SLX, and they don't carry the EXT. That means buying the EXT elsewhere for $$$ more.

I have the 7000slx and its the best tool I've bought in years. Went with the 7000 because I also use it on my F150.
I've got an F150 also, but with 4" and 33's, I've never needed to jack it up to get under it to do anything, LOL. Only need a jack to get a tire off.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think the problem for many is it's not $60 dollars. In my case, I paid $1,100 for SLX. I couldn't get the EXT for $60 more. It was $300 dollars more but more power to anyone who can get the EXT for a steal. If curious Greg, just come on by and we can compare the build between the two but hopefully the EXT is just a bit longer.
The price was taken off the web site, every body happy with the quick jack ..............that's all that counts correct ?

Sure come on by, any car that blesses my drive way gets in the photo album, Cars that stop, sort of an ongoing car show...

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
So will the SLX store under my GT350? Iā€™m pretty limited for space.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I just measured the pinch weld on the car and agree the SLX at 60" (max) will work just fine, but by golly I don't think I'd want any shorter than that.

Just measured my car. Yes, it should fit just fine.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 1" lowered PP1 with slightly shorter tires then stock and store it under it under mine as close to the center of the car as I can. The lowest part ot the car is the front K member and it clears with about .75" to spare. Oh, I outlined the railing of the ramps with orange gaft tape so I can see it easily when I back the car in. and marked the floor so I will always return the ramps to the same spot when I am done with them.

20200104_153323.jpg
Sponsored