Sponsored

Which GT would you pick?

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
I got mine for 32.5k in orange county.

New Base GT 2020 with only option being active exhaust (lucky me).

The deals are out there, but you have to look and be patient.

The used market in SOCAL does not make any sense right now.

If you're planning on spending that much, my suggestion to you is to go on the car gurus app, look for new, set the radius to 500 miles and sort by lowest priced. Heck I remember finding one new for $31k but it was white and I'm not a big fan of white cars.
Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'd rather not because then I have to pay sales tax to the DMV when I register it and I won't be able to include that sales tax with my loan through my credit union so I'd have to fork up 2-3k out of pocket
I live in MN and bought my car in Louisiana last October. The dealership added the taxes and title fees right on the transaction and handled that part for me. Did the dealership tell you that you couldn't do it that way?

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I got mine for 32.5k in orange county.

New Base GT 2020 with only option being active exhaust (lucky me).

The deals are out there, but you have to look and be patient.

The used market in SOCAL does not make any sense right now.

If you're planning on spending that much, my suggestion to you is to go on the car gurus app, look for new, set the radius to 500 miles and sort by lowest priced. Heck I remember finding one new for $31k but it was white and I'm not a big fan of white cars.
You mind me asking where at in OC?

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I'd rather not because then I have to pay sales tax to the DMV when I register it and I won't be able to include that sales tax with my loan through my credit union so I'd have to fork up 2-3k out of pocket
Those prices are absolutely ridiculous, just buy a new one at that point.
Many dealers will register the car for you, even out of state, so they will collect the tax and it can be included in the loan. I bought my new 2020 over the summer from North Carolina. They registered it and shipped it to me in New York.

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I just found a 2019 GT vert with all packages, big digital cluster display and premium for 33k with 30k miles

Sponsored

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Have you verified that with your credit union? Mine asked me if I wanted the extra so I could pay taxes with it on my Mustang.
And close states can collect sales tax for your locale and transfer them to the state. I live in KY - bought my first car in TN and they sent the 6% for me.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hey everyone ! I want to get everyone's opinion.

Currently have a 2017 ecoboost base with 70k miles and have positive equity.

A dealership near me has a 2018 GT base stock with a bunch of swirl marks they said they can detail out... with 30k miles priced at 35k

Also a 2016 GT premium, aftermarket rims, and dual tip corsa exhaust (which sounded AMAZING) and a rear carbon fiber diffuser and comes with a stock airbox and an extra open air intake (didn't look for the brand I forgot to) With 40k miles priced at 32k.

Both are automatic which is fine with
me.

What would you choose?? I'm honestly fine with both since they have half the miles my current car has PLUS its a v8. Just don't know if going to a 2016 premium is worth it vs the 2018 just because of the mods on it that I would honestly do eventually but would save me money buying it with all that done to it already.
Wow those are expensive used Mustangs. I paid 37K out the door for my brand new 2019 GT premium with the black accent package, active exhaust and the A10.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't be buying a mustang in this market.. honestly, I would just save the money and pay towards house.

in my area, it seems there's more new cars and more new used cars to people, everyone has temp 30 day tags. even though prices are ridiculous on EVERYTHING, no one seems to be caring about massive payments.

but my income hasn't changed, and I am $$ conscious. I dont want to overpay for stuff. its not fair to the buyers

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I paid $31k for a brand new GT base 6 speed 3 weeks ago. In fairness I had a $1250 private cash offer so just over $32k without it. MSRP was $37k
No way I'd pay that for a used one. There are still plenty of left over 2020's in SoCal. Email every dealer and get the best price. Some aren't willing to deal, most are

Sponsored
OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I paid $31k for a brand new GT base 6 speed 3 weeks ago. In fairness I had a $1250 private cash offer so just over $32k without it. MSRP was $37k
No way I'd pay that for a used one. There are still plenty of left over 2020's in SoCal. Email every dealer and get the best price. Some aren't willing to deal, most are
Are you in socal ? If so where did you go? I see alot of dealers do have 2020s priced at 37-40k but figured they wouldn't drop anywhere near 32k

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yes, San Diego. I went to Kearny Mesa Ford. It was like $2500 in rebates, $2500 dealer discount plus the private cash offer I had. I think those are all gone at the moment though
Check Autotrader.com. You can email dealers through auto trader without having to provide a phone #. Make a separate email through aol or whatever if you dont want your email blown up

I got a few other quotes. One dealer wouldn't budge, MSRP minus rebates. Another had a similar offer to the one I bought but they were further away.

It was 3 weeks ago and maybe the factory shut down will have an effect on available deals but it doesn't hurt to ask.

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Yes, San Diego. I went to Kearny Mesa Ford. It was like $2500 in rebates, $2500 dealer discount plus the private cash offer I had. I think those are all gone at the moment though
Check Autotrader.com. You can email dealers through auto trader without having to provide a phone #. Make a separate email through aol or whatever if you dont want your email blown up

I got a few other quotes. One dealer wouldn't budge, MSRP minus rebates. Another had a similar offer to the one I bought but they were further away.

It was 3 weeks ago and maybe the factory shut down will have an effect on available deals but it doesn't hurt to ask.
I found a 2020 base for 35k here in riverside and thats with a dealers rebate, if I can squeeze them down to 34k plus my trade in would bring it to around 30k before tax. (If all goes to plan which usually doesnt) but Ford dealerships have ALOT of wiggle room compare to those small dealership lots that sell frame damaged cars etc

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I just found a 2019 GT vert with all packages, big digital cluster display and premium for 33k with 30k miles
I'd bet you that is a rental company car. Nothing necessarily wrong with that but some people are funny about not wanting a former rent-a-car.