Which gas do you guys use?

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
ALWAYS premium in any boosted car, more octane the better. I use Sunoco 93 here in MA.
Sponsored

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Wish we could get that sweet 93 here in Arizona, always get 91 at minimum even when I had my FiST. Definitely will be changing stations though as my local corner Shell turned into a Speedway that doesn't get Top Tier gas (and may explain the random P0300 codes on cold starts and some engine shaking). Valero it will be now!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I've been using top tier 93 octane in my cars for many years. But the station I have been going to seems to be developing problems with their pumps working correctly, so I am going to start looking for a new one. There's a BP station nearby. Is BP still top tier?

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using top tier 93 octane in my cars for many years. But the station I have been going to seems to be developing problems with their pumps working correctly, so I am going to start looking for a new one. There's a BP station nearby. Is BP still top tier?
If memory serves BP call their good stuff Ultimate. It’s nearly as good as shell vpower being 98 RON instead of 99 RON

Sponsored

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I saw a top tier label at one BP locally but the other BP at other end of town did not have a top tier at their pumps. I emailed back and forth with Sheetz gas about why they did not sell top tier gas and they pretty much said it was a gimmick. All gas sold needs to meet certain octane ratings and detergent levels that fall into the top tier requirements. So according to the Sheetz rep I spoke with all gas at any major gas station fall into the “top tier” parameters. Some stations just don’t pay for the sticker, lol

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
When you buy a Performance Car and skip on giving it the Cheap Gas, does not make since.
I run 91, in my Roush RS3, and the 91 is the highest we have here, so i have to give it 4 oz of Boostane per tank.
It does make a difference and extra insurance.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a top tier label at one BP locally but the other BP at other end of town did not have a top tier at their pumps. I emailed back and forth with Sheetz gas about why they did not sell top tier gas and they pretty much said it was a gimmick. All gas sold needs to meet certain octane ratings and detergent levels that fall into the top tier requirements. So according to the Sheetz rep I spoke with all gas at any major gas station fall into the “top tier” parameters. Some stations just don’t pay for the sticker, lol
Top tier is double the detergents of the minimum. It cost $.
There is a difference, but imo nothing a bottle of cleaner can’t fix every 50k

I don’t understand why one bp gets tier and other doesn’t.

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
I run mostly Shell 93 octane Vpower, sometimes BP 93 octane invigorate in my 2020 Mustang Bullitt.

Sponsored

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have run regular in my "18 GT since day one with no issues. Ford recomends it, even though the advertised hp rating of 460 is from premium. To the one reply that mentioned less horsepower from regular due to engine knock, that's backwards. The engine is designed for regular and the electronics can adjust for higher octane. I have run personal tests of 2-3 tankfulls of regular in succession and then 2-3 tankfulls of premium in succession and although on close observation there is a slight feeling of increased power with premium it is not a obvious daily continuous feeling and at least for mine being a daily year round driver in northern Ohio not worth the price difference. I notice a much bigger difference in summer/winter fuel the regular/premium.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Also, are you using the stock air box? Drop in filter? FP CAI? Other CAI?

And nice hood - Cervini?
It's a decent tune for being able to keep the warranty in tact. Some extra torque and hp, better shifts for auto. Nothing crazy though. Uses a bigger throttle body. It uses the same cai the GT350's use.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Question

if you only fill like a gallon of fuel.
If you push 93, but person before has 87.

is there 87 in that gas line? Ie.Thar 1 gallon is actually 87 going into car from prev person

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Sam's Club 91, no 93 here in Vegas other than some specialty places that out of my way just to go get gas

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Edit. I misunderstood the question.

You are referencing when fueling from the gas tanks. I like to think that the previous gas used, drains out of the line and runs back into the tank. A valve then directs the flow of your 93 that you chose. However, I would not be surprised if the system really doesn't work in this manner. I can't remember ever fueling only a gallon, except into a gas jug for my pressure washer.

That little amount of 87 will become so diluted by the 93 (if the tank is full after adding), that the effective octane most likely won't change.

Question

if you only fill like a gallon of fuel.
If you push 93, but person before has 87.

is there 87 in that gas line? Ie.Thar 1 gallon is actually 87 going into car from prev person
Sponsored

Last edited: