Sponsored

deven2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deven
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium GT w/ PP
Not sure if the V8 will have DI... that may change but according to the spec sheet, the engine will be made of these parts:

-Exhaust manifold (I know it's not technically the engine, but it's on the spec list so why not): Stainless steel tubular headers
-Valvetrain: DOHC, four valves per cylinder, twin independent variable camshaft timing
-Pistons: Cast aluminum
-Connecting rods: Forged steel

... and FYI, recommended fuel is 91 octane (premium) gasoline. You can put Regular Unleaded in the vehicle, but I bet you'd lose out on a bit of performance.

For more on the specific specs so far, click here: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/products/cars/mustang/2015-mustang.html?fmccmp=tw-fv-fcsd-2014060611

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Who's question were you answering? There is a complete technical breakdown of the engine and all updates over the previous Coyote engine.

Sponsored

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
-Pistons: Cast aluminum
-Connecting rods: Forged steel
Those two things together, simply don't make sense. Forge it all and soak up the other 2 dollars per car... sheesh.

... and FYI, recommended fuel is 91 octane (premium) gasoline. You can put Regular Unleaded in the vehicle, but I bet you'd lose out on a bit of performance.
My Escape loses as much as 8hp according to the various ratings. What it feels like, however, is a more sluggish acceleration and a seemingly slower throttle response. When I feel like paying the ungodly price for it, I use 90 Octane TRASH FREE gasoline and that makes a big, big difference. It increases fuel economy between 15-20% and allows the power(there's only 240hp) to show up. Of course, that fuel was $4.10 last week while 87 w/ Ethanol was $3.55 and I just feel like an idiot paying so much more, regardless the obvious benefits. All I can say is... Ahhh, to have world class dummies working for the federal government, specifically the EPA... trying to "save" and "conserve," instead wasting massively all the way... too ignorant and/or stupid to learn the difference. It is quite sad we can't remove them all and find a 2nd grader for each position... :tsk:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
When I feel like paying the ungodly price for it, I use 90 Octane TRASH FREE gasoline and that makes a big, big difference. It increases fuel economy between 15-20% and allows the power(there's only 240hp) to show up. Of course, that fuel was $4.10 last week while 87 w/ Ethanol was $3.55 and I just feel like an idiot paying so much more, regardless the obvious benefits.
Good news! If the better gas really gets you 15% better mileage, you break even paying $4.10 versus $3.55. If you actually get 20% better mileage, you'd be money ahead to pay for the better gas. Counting the improved driving experience, it sounds like you need to step up and buy the good stuff all the time.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Go big or go home...

V12!!!

^lol

But seriously could you imagine an 8L V12 in the stang?

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
Good news! If the better gas really gets you 15% better mileage, you break even paying $4.10 versus $3.55. If you actually get 20% better mileage, you'd be money ahead to pay for the better gas. Counting the improved driving experience, it sounds like you need to step up and buy the good stuff all the time.
I did the math and it does work out in favor of just buying the more expensive fuel. The biggest problem is, I cannot always get that fuel. If I go to Tampa(FL) and don't turn right around to go home, I'll have to fill down there. It's typically cheaper there anyway, but I haven't found any Ethanol free fuel there... that wrecks the difference(to the eye) in about 1 tank. Anyway, I've decided to just feel like a fool and pay more for the proper fuel. I'm tellin' ya... Ethanol is BAD for gasoline engines. I don't think it's even good for E85 engines! I know it's bad for my standard engine though, so I'm skippin' it where I can.

Go big or go home...

V12!!!

^lol

But seriously could you imagine an 8L V12 in the stang?
:lol: .....No.

I could, however, see the 6.2L in DOHC form. That could rock-n-roll. No need for a blower either, as that could rather easily break 700hp N/A. 500hp would be a breeze by comparison. For whatever reason(maybe economy) :ford: won't do it.
Sponsored