Sponsored

engine noise mustang gt 2015

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
Kind of vibration/jiggling noise under the engine. (Passanger side is more noticeable).

Its not that noticeable under the hood, but more beneath the car and passenger side..

You can also hear it after turning off the engine.

Any advise or comment?

Ps. I have notice it in some mustang gt 2015 on youtube.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
Does it happen at a certain rpm?

I’ve linked a video.

Its noticeable at Idle (700-800 rpm), after cold start. If I increase the rpm the Jiggling noise fades away.. let say I can’t really hear it.

And after I turn off the engine, you can here the jiggling noise for 1.5 second.. (at the end of the video). It sound like a metalic ball in a can.

I linked a video below the first post.

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
He mentions you can hear it after shutting off the engine, so it happens at 0 rpms as one of the rpm values.

If you watch/listen to the video carefully. When I turn off the engine you can here the jiggling noise for 1.5 second...

But You can here it clearly when it idle’s at 700-800 rpm.. if I increase the rpm the sound fades away, let say I can’t really hear it.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Does it happen before the engine is fully warm? Honestly not knowing all the circumstances its possibly normal.

My 2015 makes a similar noise at times after I first start the engine (having A/C on also makes it worse). Once it’s fully warm it goes away. It could be just a quirk of the engine like the motor tick often described here. I had a little of this too for a short while and changing to Pennzoil Full Synthetic fixed that. Still though - hard to say.

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
Does it happen before the engine is fully warm? Honestly not knowing all the circumstances its possibly normal.

My 2015 makes a similar noise at times after I first start the engine (having A/C on also makes it worse). Once it’s fully warm it goes away. It could be just a quirk of the engine like the motor tick often described here. I had a little of this too for a short while and changing to Pennzoil Full Synthetic fixed that. Still though - hard to say.
Thanks for your reply..

which pennzoil? Ultra or the platinum? 5w20 or 5w30?

I can start noticing it right after the temperature reaches 180+ degrees, and you can still hear it once it fully warm, or after driving the car for a while.. it doesn’t really go away, it’s not that noticeable, you Have to pay attetion to notice it, but its there..

Its only noticeable at idle like a said between 700-800 rpm.. once I hit the gas, it dissapear, no jiggle, no tick, no knocking.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
What kind of gas are you using and do you have a tune?

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
What kind of gas are you using and do you have a tune?
No tune, basically stock.. only a muffler delete..

Gas here on the island is indeed not the best, we have only one type. And for sure its not the best or the highest quality.

Do you think maybe thats the reason? I can use/test a Gas treatment or Gasoline additives, maybe? Recommendations?

Thanks again.

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
You said you have a muffler delete? Check your bolts and clamps and make sure nothing is loose. Way back, I had a weird issue with some kind of sound that was similar. It seemed to be coming from the exhaust, right around the flex connections. To be honest, I don't really rememeber what happened to make it go away as I've gone from stock exhaust, to Lethal H-pipe, to Corsa Sport catback. I just remember it sounded like something was kinda loose inside the flex pipe.

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
You said you have a muffler delete? Check your bolts and clamps and make sure nothing is loose. Way back, I had a weird issue with some kind of sound that was similar. It seemed to be coming from the exhaust, right around the flex connections. To be honest, I don't really rememeber what happened to make it go away as I've gone from stock exhaust, to Lethal H-pipe, to Corsa Sport catback. I just remember it sounded like something was kinda loose inside the flex pipe.

I had this jiggling sound before the muffler delete. But I can check all the bolts.

But if you listen carefully between 1.08-1.10 minute of the video, you can hear the jiggle perfectly, when I’m turning off the engine..

It sound like a rotation sound, Like a Metallic ball spinning in a can..

(Also in the video when I rev it a little bit, you can hear the jiggling goes faster then it fades away.)

Let me know if you notice it.. thanks again..

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
At the gaspump it says its Mogas 95 (super unleaded).

But I can assure you our gas is not the best...

Edit: just talked to a friend, and he tells me that our gas is 89..

Last edited:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
That's what my truck sounded like the 2nd to last time I shut it off before it blew up. Sorry, no joke.

OP
OP

Xavierviana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium 2015
That's what my truck sounded like the 2nd to last time I shut it off before it blew up. Sorry, no joke.
And did you diagnose the problem?

I have noticed this sound for more than 3 months already. Maybe I had it longer. I dont have any knocking or slaps.. hopefully it won’t blow up.. haha
Sponsored