04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Hi all,

Luckily my 2019 Mustang wasnt marred with swirls from the factory. I want to do a Ceramic coating to help keep it that way. I typically two bucket wash and all, but want some extra protection. Originally i wanted a clear bra too, but after being qouted 1700 -2200 for installs i backed off that Idea.

Right now i am considering the following brands:

Blackfire, Pinnacle and wolfgang.

The wolfgang expressly mentions being able to coat the headlights and trim which appeals to me.

has anyone used any of these, or another brand? I would like to keep my cost below 300 including Clay, paint cleansing, and the sealant. I am somewhat experienced in applying waxes, polishes compounds etc.

I also have some swirls on the black gloss plastic around the GT logo on the back, will normal polish fix that?
Sponsored

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
based on threads here, i am also looking at cquartz

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to be deciding between Cquartz, Gtechniq, and the new DPC Shield personally. Haven't used any, but they all seem to get good reviews and I like Scott's videos sometimes which is why I'm considering Shield.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
I am not familiar with Scott's videos.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
GTechniq EXO & CSL works very well, whatever you choose just make sure the paints decontaminated before applying.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I was going to be deciding between Cquartz, Gtechniq, and the new DPC Shield personally. Haven't used any, but they all seem to get good reviews and I like Scott's videos sometimes which is why I'm considering Shield.
Shield is junk IMO, and I wouldn't let DPC detail my big wheel.

The best coating available to the general consumer(for ease of install as well as advertised duration) would be Crystal Serum Light, in my opinion. You can top it with EXO V4.

Also recommend C2V3 on top of both, for extra water spot protection.

Cquartz, Gyeon are a couple of other quality options but I have really found the Gtechniq to be very user-friendly to install, which is important for an inexperienced DIYer.

Do not surpass proper prep. Wash, decontaminate(2 ways preferably), minimum finish polish, solvent wipe a couple times, and finally follow the directions given with the coating for installation.

SIDE NOTE: I have installed Wolfgang's coating. I THINK(not 100% sure) that it's re-labled Opti-Coat, which is a good product. Anyways, I did find it easy to install and level. Couple years later it is still going strong on my car, however it is not driven often... nice weather only, etc.. So it could be a good option for you as well.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Shield is junk IMO, and I wouldn't let DPC detail my big wheel.
What makes you say it's junk though? Any personal experience with it? I've got a guy to sell me Gtechniq at his dealer rate + shipping so that's likely going to be what I end up doing, but interested in what's junk about Shield.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I used Cquartz UK 3.0 it’s been almost a year when I did it. Sat out at the dealership for a month when they did the shift fork TSB. Had some light water spots and was able to get them off with some car pro essence plus and my paint still looks good as the day I finished the coating. It’s garage kept so I know that helps tremendously. It gets a wipe down weekly I’ve only washed it once since then. I was going to do the clear bra also, but for 2100 they wanted it’s not worth it to me, I just don’t care that much about rock chips.
I’ve been very happy with Cquartz UK 3.0

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Because of the weather around here right now (90* plus) and the fact that I dont have access to a garage. I have opted to use the Klasse AIO and KSG topped with some caranuba wax.
The only thing I am not sure about is weather or not i should still use a paint Cleanser like an IPA solution. I know the Klasse AIO and KSG are meant to work together, but i am not sure if i should cleanse the paint between the claybar and polishing steps. Given that the AIO is a cleaner, it would seem like i wouldnt need to right?

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I just applied Adam's ceramic coating and ceramic booster, the kit was about $100 on Amazon...this is the reflection of some garage wall signs in the roof of the car:

IMG_2119.JPG

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I just applied Adam's ceramic coating and ceramic booster, the kit was about $100 on Amazon...this is the reflection of some garage wall signs in the roof of the car:

IMG_2119.JPG
Looks amazing. How long did it take you from start to finish? Also how long it supposed to last?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looks amazing. How long did it take you from start to finish? Also how long it supposed to last?
Thanks! It was REALLY easy to use. Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PQ2BL92/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I got the complete kit with the primer, ceramic coating, and booster plus 3 super soft towels. It says it should last 6-8 months. It's much easier to apply and remove than regular wax. I washed the car with dish soap and dried it; wiped on the primer and let it evaporate (I think it just might be some kind of isopropyl alcohol); wipe on and off the ceramic, and let it "cure" for at least 4 hours. Then wipe on and off the booster. The wipe on/off takes maybe 20 minutes per product. The car only has 3000 miles on it so I didn't need to clay bar it, but I've used Mother's clay bar on other cars and it does a nice job. Now THAT is more labor intensive.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! It was REALLY easy to use. Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PQ2BL92/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I got the complete kit with the primer, ceramic coating, and booster plus 3 super soft towels. It says it should last 6-8 months. It's much easier to apply and remove than regular wax. I washed the car with dish soap and dried it; wiped on the primer and let it evaporate (I think it just might be some kind of isopropyl alcohol); wipe on and off the ceramic, and let it "cure" for at least 4 hours. Then wipe on and off the booster. The wipe on/off takes maybe 20 minutes per product. The car only has 3000 miles on it so I didn't need to clay bar it, but I've used Mother's clay bar on other cars and it does a nice job. Now THAT is more labor intensive.
Looks really good. Will consider it for my wife’s car (I have detailer applied Gyeon on the Mustang). Could we see some pics of the entire car. I love Ruby Red.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looks really good. Will consider it for my wife’s car (I have detailer applied Gyeon on the Mustang). Could we see some pics of the entire car. I love Ruby Red.
Oh no, don't make me post pictures LOL! Thanks. Snapped one just now coming out of the mall (some guy rolled his eyes as he walked past) and two more in the driveway. Here you go...

IMG_2120.JPG
IMG_2121.JPG
IMG_2122.JPG
Sponsored