Sponsored

Which brake pads are the correct ones?

arazs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Araz
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium (Euro-Spec)
Hello everybody,

Recently, I bought a 2017 EU Spec Mustang Ecoboost Premium and now I want to change the brake pads. I am trying to find the correct fit for my car but I am not sure that's why I wanted to ask in this forum. So, all EU Spec Mustangs come with Performance Package. I checked both OE & Motorcraft brake pads in different websites (Carid, toscaparts, parts.ford.com etc.) and there are lots of different types. When I select the submodel of the car, each website offer different set of pads. For the front, I think that BRF-1460 (Motorcraft) or FR3Z-2001-A (OE) is the correct fit. For the rear, I am a little confused because the brake pads change based on the selection of premium turbo brake (???). It looks like FR3Z-2200-J (OE) is the correct brake pad for my car but Motorcraft has two options; BRF1866 and BRF1566 (ceramic). If anyone has information, could you please advise on this?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Euro GT's come with the performance pack six pot brakes but based on an Ecoboost that parks near my works, they have four pots on the front ?

Just double check because 'performance pack brakes' on here will normally mean the 6 pot Brembo's.

Hope you get sorted :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
arazs

arazs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Araz
Vehicle(s)
Euro GT's come with the performance pack six pot brakes but based on an Ecoboost that parks near my works, they have four pots on the front ?

Just double check because 'performance pack brakes' on here will normally mean the 6 pot Brembo's.

Yes, you are right:)

Standard EU Spec Ecoboost Mustangs comes with US PP by default that's why I was looking for PP brake pads for US Spec.

MakoShark

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost Fastback

Correct. EU Spec EcoBoost Premium comes with 4 piston brakes on the front. Correct OE numbers are 2044140 for brake pads and 2470369 for disc brake rotor. However OE brake pads are insanely expensive. I put aftermarket Delphi Technologies and they work fine, but are squealing, which is kinda embarrassing at car meets. Next time I would go for Febi Bilstein, Stoptech or Hawk Performance brake pads. I guess you have the same front brakes like I do.

20210726_165634.jpg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That's correct. In Europe only GTs have the six-piston Brembos. Ecoboosts don't.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I have the same brakes on my HPP Eco. I'm going with EBC pads instead of stock when I play with the brake system.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's correct. Only GTs have the six-piston Brembos. Ecoboosts don't.
Yes that's what worries me about the OP as he keeps mentioning the performance pack - which are the incorrect brakes for his car :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Standard EU Spec Ecoboost Mustangs comes with US PP by default that's why I was looking for PP brake pads for US Spec.
No, in Europe only GTs come with the US PP (i.e. six-piston Brembo) brakes. Ecoboosts have the standard, four-piston brakes.
A friend of mine has access to the Ford parts catalog. If you give me your VIN in a private message I will ask him to find the correct part numbers.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Yes that's what worries me about the OP as he keeps mentioning the performance pack - which are the incorrect brakes for his car :like:

He's mentioning the Performance Pack because, on an Eco, you get the 4-piston calipers with the Performance Pack option in the US. They come standard in the EU. These calipers are standard on the Base GT, but the Base Eco in the US has smaller discs and sliding calipers.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
No, in Europe only GTs come with the US PP (i.e. six-piston Brembo) brakes. Ecoboosts have the standard, four-piston brakes.
Those 4-piston calipers are in the PP for the Eco. The Base Eco in the US has smaller discs and sliding front calipers. The Base GT in the US has the same brakes as a PP Eco in the US or all the Eco's in the EU.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
That's confusing, huh?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see. I didn't know there were actually three types of brakes. I thought there were only Brembo and non-Brembo. My mistake.
Anyway, we can find the correct part numbers if we have a VIN.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Hell, 4. The Shelby's have 6 piston front brake calipers with staggered piston diameters as opposed the GT PP with 6 piston calipers with a single piston diameter. Interestingly, the 4-piston and both 6 piston calipers all have approximately the same piston area, so you don't get a lot of extra clamp load with the various calipers, just a bigger pad. This is good for heat management and the additional pistons help even up pad wear. The staggered pistons in the Shelby further reduce taper wear on the pad.

I think there are only 2 rear calipers? The big ugly steel slider or the 4 piston.

OP
OP
arazs

arazs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Araz
Vehicle(s)
He's mentioning the Performance Pack because, on an Eco, you get the 4-piston calipers with the Performance Pack option in the US. They come standard in the EU. These calipers are standard on the Base GT, but the Base Eco in the US has smaller discs and sliding calipers.
Those 4-piston calipers are in the PP for the Eco. The Base Eco in the US has smaller discs and sliding front calipers. The Base GT in the US has the same brakes as a PP Eco in the US or all the Eco's in the EU.
Mate, thanks for explaining my question in a more clear way :)
As you mentioned, Base EU Eco comes same as US Eco PP which has 13.9 inch rotor (Base US Eco has 13 inch rotor) with four piston caliper, not the Brembo ones. So, I assume that if I buy the brake pads for US Eco PP, they should fit my car.

OP
OP
arazs

arazs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Araz
Vehicle(s)
I see. I didn't know there were actually three types of brakes. I thought there were only Brembo and non-Brembo. My mistake.
Anyway, we can find the correct part numbers if we have a VIN.
Vlad, thank for help. I am texting you the VIN number.
Sponsored