OP
arazs

arazs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Araz
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium (Euro-Spec)
Correct. EU Spec EcoBoost Premium comes with 4 piston brakes on the front. Correct OE numbers are 2044140 for brake pads and 2470369 for disc brake rotor. However OE brake pads are insanely expensive. I put aftermarket Delphi Technologies and they work fine, but are squealing, which is kinda embarrassing at car meets. Next time I would go for Febi Bilstein, Stoptech or Hawk Performance brake pads. I guess you have the same front brakes like I do.
I checked this part number but it looks like they are very expensive compared to US PP brake pads which are around $80-$90. As I understood, this part number belongs to the front pads. Do you also know the part number for the rear pads?
Sponsored

MakoShark

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost Fastback
Mate, thanks for explaining my question in a more clear way :)
As you mentioned, Base EU Eco comes same as US Eco PP which has 13.9 inch rotor (Base US Eco has 13 inch rotor) with four piston caliper, not the Brembo ones. So, I assume that if I buy the brake pads for US Eco PP, they should fit my car.
This. EU base EcoBoost has the same spec (as for brake pads and rotors) as US PP EcoBoost and US base GT. And as far as I know, standard US GT uses same 4 piston calipers on rear axle. Any of these numbers are correct - 2044140 (EU), GR3Z-2001-C or GR3C-2001-DD (US). The best thing is to simply call your local ford dealer and ask them to check OE brake pad number :)

Front look like these:
2044140-1.jpg

I didn't change the rear brake pads so far as they wear much slower compared to front brake pads, so at 40k I changed just the front. The OE number is also written on the backplate of your brake pads, so if you want to be absolutely sure, just pull one of them out and have a look. Same for the front and rear. Take a screwdriver, remove brake pad spring, remove brake pad pin clip and remove 2 brake pad pins. Takes about 10 minutes, pretty simple (Page 2898 in service manual).

However, it is possible, that brake pads for US 4-piston calipers may have slightly different brake pad design and different numbers. I would pull out that brake pad and have a look, alternatively call a dealer. It takes some time, buy you will be 100% sure about the fit. Anyways let us know what part number do you have, I'm curious.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I think there are only 2 rear calipers? The big ugly steel slider or the 4 piston.
3, there are two different big ugly steel sliders. The base US Ecoboost gets a solid rotor while the EBPP and all GTs get a vented rotor. The rotor diameter is the same but the base EB caliper won't fit on the wider vented rotor. The two versions are identical in appearance but the base rotors are a hair narrower. Trust me on this one, I had both in my hand when I did my upgrade and couldn't believe they were different until I tried to fit them. There are different part numbers for the pads too, I have no idea what the difference is, the EBPP/GT pads fit either caliper.

linkysys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Correct. EU Spec EcoBoost Premium comes with 4 piston brakes on the front. Correct OE numbers are 2044140 for brake pads and 2470369 for disc brake rotor. However OE brake pads are insanely expensive. I put aftermarket Delphi Technologies and they work fine, but are squealing, which is kinda embarrassing at car meets. Next time I would go for Febi Bilstein, Stoptech or Hawk Performance brake pads. I guess you have the same front brakes like I do.

20210726_165634.jpg
Any recommendations for quiet pads for the 4 piston front brake? My Powerstops squeal on first use every morning from overnight dusting of rust. They were properly bedded. I don't believe they transfer enough sacrificial material to the rotors in ordinary use to prevent squeal. After a hyper-aggressive brake-in procedure (30+ stops), they will go a few days without squealing, but it inevitably returns. I cleaned/recycled the metal shims and used some brake grease between plate and pad. The Powerstops have rubber backing plates that should prevent squeal of any kind. New slides. New clips. Squeal on first use then quiet remainder of day. Hate waking up the neighbors.
Sponsored