Sponsored

When did people start saying "drag pack"?

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
You say facial tissues, I say Kleenex.
Pork Roll or Taylor Ham (mostly a Jerzy thing) :)

Another weird thing to me "are you going to the track with your car?" The track was the road course, the "Strip" was the drag strip for 1/4 mile runs. This too has changed quite a bit
Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Another weird thing to me "are you going to the track with your car?" The track was the road course, the "Strip" was the drag strip for 1/4 mile runs. This too has changed quite a bit
north jerzy...taylor ham, south jerzy pork roll..... :crackup:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

Haven't heard those before. I bet I hear it all the time now haha

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Don't know anything about Jersey's lame cuisine. Texan here. We invented the food you all call "Mexican," (it's TexMex, including the burrito which was invented in South Texas) and our smoked brisket destroys y'all's BBQ, so the food bar is set pretty high. Best food in NYC is falafel, because they use spice!

But yeah, strip is an 8th or quarter mile drag strip. Track has curves. People need to be called out for incorrect terminology. Just because you heard others say it doesn't mean it's a thing. The "FBO" thing I assume is "Full Bolt On," which literally means absolutely nothing. What is "full" in this context? (There's no answer to this question)

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know anything about Jersey's lame cuisine. Texan here. We invented the food you all call "Mexican," (it's TexMex, including the burrito which was invented in South Texas) and our smoked brisket destroys y'all's BBQ, so the food bar is set pretty high. Best food in NYC is falafel, because they use spice!

But yeah, strip is an 8th or quarter mile drag strip. Track has curves. People need to be called out for incorrect terminology. Just because you heard others say it doesn't mean it's a thing. The "FBO" thing I assume is "Full Bolt On," which literally means absolutely nothing. What is "full" in this context? (There's no answer to this question)
Don’t knock a great Taylor ham, egg and cheese on a roll off a dirty food truck until you’ve had it 🤣 and I love Texas brisket. Agree strip is drag and track has curves 😁

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care for millennial jargon.
May I present to you: Pizza cutters & Slicks.
240654219_594844395264637_2590062970848745747_n.jpg

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care for millennial jargon.
May I present to you: Pizza cutters & Slicks.
Pizza cutters & slicks is one I havent heard, but I havent been a "strip" guy to be around the lingo enough. As for millennial jargon - Track/Strip isnt, nor is Taylor Ham/pork roll (nor am I)

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Pizza cutters & slicks is one I havent heard, but I havent been a "strip" guy to be around the lingo enough. As for millennial jargon - Track/Strip isnt, nor is Taylor Ham/pork roll (nor am I)
boomer here with two millennial kids. They broke the mold. Both hard working and not whiners. Very proud of them!

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
boomer here with two millennial kids. They broke the mold. Both hard working and not whiners. Very proud of them!
some millennials arent so bad - Gen Z or whatever ... now Im derailing sorry.

Drag Pack when did people start using drag pack - see page 2 :)

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I don’t even know what a drag pack is... I thought it was parachutes. Drag pack meaning the wheels just doesn’t do anything for me.

Sticky’s and skinnies from my generation.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Millennials should be working hard by now. Now for the Gen Z kids (Or Sub-Millennials).....

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
I've been out of the performance car game for a while, and we definitely used to run drag wheels. I had a '95 Camaro Z28 with custom made Bogart racing wheels, with skinnies up front that only weighed 7lbs. Anyway, I've noticed in the forums/groups people put on drag wheels and refer to it as "drag pack." I think someone has usurped a term for something else and thinks that's what you call it. I just call it drag wheels & tires. Not sure what makes it a "pack."

Thoughts?
I’m similar to yourself and when I first came across the term I immediately thought of Fords’ Drag Pack of the late 60’s early 70’s. Thinking it was an unpublicised option and investigating further, imagine my disappointment when I discovered the term now refers to a set of drag wheels and tyres. Oh well…. 🙂

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
April 17th, 2004 around 11ish in the morning.
YOURE WRONG!! It was 10 ish in the morning

Its law you have to correct the person who is wrong on the internet.
Sponsored