Sponsored

Wheel Spacers

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I'd say check them whenever you rotate your tires which I do about every 5k. When you first install them check it after 100 or so to be safe, but they should hold pretty steady.

Also worth pointing out that I thought my 20mm spacer was fitting fine, but the lugs were just a touch too long and digging in to the back of the wheel. Thanks to Steeda for pointing that out when they installed the alignment kit along with my sway bars today.

You might want to check how your wheels are sitting right now. Unfortunately there is a LOT of play in how the IRS can be set up from the factory which means the wheels are more in or out on either side. Last time my cradle was dropped, it ended up significantly more to the driver side which is why I tried the 20mm there with the 25mm on the passenger side. Steeda's alignment kit (regular or CB005 version) guarantees it'll be aligned perfectly each time which means that the wheels will sit exactly the same on both sides. Once you notice one poking a bit and the other one is tucked...it drives you a little crazy if you're like me.
I appreciate the response. I'll be sure to check each rotation.

However, now I will probably be super critical of how far the wheels poke out now lmao.

Also, does anyone experience any shaking at highway speeds in their steering wheels?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It's just one of those things that bothers you once you notice it, like a tiny little dent by my rear passenger window.

The shaking at highway speeds could be related to the driveline vibration that a lot of people have, but I have no experience with that or the symptoms.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Also, does anyone experience any shaking at highway speeds in their steering wheels?
I run Eibach aluminum 25mm spacers with my summer setup (PP wheels/Pzeros) and don't have shaking at any speed.

Have you considered re-balancing your wheels?

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
I don't have them installed yet. I just remember reading a few comments and reviews about people having some vibration at high speeds.

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
H&R makes some that include longer studs.. I think they go all the way up to 17mm in width.. Then it turns in to the bolt on style..

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I don't have them installed yet. I just remember reading a few comments and reviews about people having some vibration at high speeds.
I think some folks figured out the high speed vibration was due to subframe alignment in the rear. Steeda has an alignment kit and subframe brace that's supposed to solve that
Sponsored