Wheel Spacers

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I recently got my Mustang back from a speed shop in Seattle where I had Sportlines and Koni yellow's installed along with an alignment. I know that after lowering adding the spacers make the wheel/ fender profile look better but my mechanic warned against using them because of the geometry change to the suspension. Has any one who's run spacers for a while seen any issues with premature suspension parts or irregular tire wear? Would you track a car with spacers?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I had it on my 16 for over 10000 miles and no problems.

I wouldn't track a bolt on spacer kit.

Mine were high quality spacers and arp studs.

I crashed the car by jumping a huge curb and believe it or not but the studs and spacers were perfect condition. My wheels were shattered into pieces all over the road and no damage at all to the arp studs and spacers.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I don't think the geometry itself changes all that much - all I'm picturing is one of the smaller components of your motion ratio getting slightly smaller (the bottom line would be - theoretically - a little less "wheel rate" with the spacers than without them and a little less control from any given amount of strut damping).

I think that bending in the knuckle and along the strut would increase somewhat but I don't know by how much. Haven't bothered to run any analysis for the 1/8" spacers that I sometimes run, don't feel it'd be worth the time spent for that small of an amount.

Norm
Sponsored