Question? Wheel spacers......

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I am getting ready to lower my car. I just bought the BMR Performance springs and they say that the drop for the front is about 1.25" and the rear about .5". When looking at the stance, rims, and tires I'm thinking that I will need spacers to bring them out a little. My question is what size spacer do y'all think I will need? I don't want the tires sticking way out past the wheel well.
image.jpg
Sponsored

XLR8EDMUSTANG

XLR8EDMUSTANG on Twitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, OW, PP, RECAROS
It looks like you are already flush..what size wheels and offsets do you currently have?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Agree with XLR8EDMUSTANG, it looks like your aftermarket wheels already have a good offfset. I think if you put spacers on at all you will be too far. tape a coin to a piece of string, then tape the string to your fender just above the center of the wheel. Measure from the string to the wheel. Keep in mind the tire will bulge out from the wheel. Measure to the tire or even edge of the tread if that is your biggest concern.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Your offset looks pretty good as-is. I don't think you'll need much of a spacer if any. Do what jbailer said though. But honestly you probably don't need one based on the pictures.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I did 5mm spacers at all four corners after putting on my Steeda progressives

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I did 5mm spacers at all four corners after putting on my Steeda progressives
The important thing is, with what wheels did you add the wheel spacers. If you did it with stock wheels or wheels with the stock offset, that is 1 thing but if you have aftermarket wheels with an aggressive offset already, you wouldn't want to add wheel spacers. Unless you like that look where the wheels stick out.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Offset is definitely key in deciding if you want spacers. I'm running some MMD holgens 20x10 with a 45mm offset all the way. Not really too aggressive. So now they are basically a 40mm offset which isn't that aggressive for a 20x10.

He looks like he's running some niche GT5s They look squared some probably 20x10 with a 40 offset. He should be fine.

OP
OP
GreenGuardian

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Good advice guys, appreciate it very much. Sounds like I'll just wait it out until I get all of the suspension parts installed and get an alignment done. I just wanted to be sure about wether or not I need spacers.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
what size are your wheels and tires?