Sponsored

what's norm for changing the Engine oil for 2018 Mustang GT?

fiveohchris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
This is the only vehicle I’ve ever owned where half the service techs out there have no idea what the oil capacity is. I had to insist that they put 10 qts in my 20’ GT they didn’t want to do it. So bizarre.
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm amazed so many people still use the dealerships.
When I bought mine, I told the sales person when he was trying to get me on the extended warranty: "this car will never come back here after it leaves today." Don't trust them to do anything correctly; heard far too many horror stories.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Thanks for responding and showing concern about the issue. I appreciate you all
I always check the invoice to make sure oil and filter are correct.if its only 8qts on invoice show it to service rep and have him put the oil in.these dipstick s are very difficult to read.

Deleted member 35644

I hadn't been to a dealership for an oil change in decades, when my sister-in-law asked me to take her '17 Ecoboost to get one done a year or more ago.

They put in 5W-20, and barely enough of it to reach the LOW line on the dipstick.

I won't be back, Ford.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Mine gets the 10qts right but they put in 5W-30 not 5W-20 like it says.

The service advisor even argued And said “that’s what’s on your oil cap!” He was quickly proved wrong when we walked out and I popped the hood and it clearly said 5w20.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Mine gets the 10qts right but they put in 5W-30 not 5W-20 like it says.

The service advisor even argued And said “that’s what’s on your oil cap!” He was quickly proved wrong when we walked out and I popped the hood and it clearly said 5w20.
This, I would leave in.