Sponsored

Whats a Little Thing You Love and a Little Thing You Hate?

OP
OP
NoahsArk117

NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Love the crackles and pops from the exhaust,
Hate how common mustangs are, Good for Ford for making just a hot selling vehicle but I just wish I didn't see 20 different ones on the way to work and back. To me it almost makes the car seem less special. On the flip side they are popular for a reason.
I love in southeast Michigan, around me it's mostly Chargers/Challengers, I still see mustangs here and there and Camaros are basically extinct.
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I don't like is that it reverts to normal mode when shut off. I feel like it should stay in the last mode that I had it in, like the steering mode does....

Other than that, I love everything about the car, especially the cold starts early on Sunday mornings when I'm heading out to Cars and Coffee.... If it annoys the neighbors in my condo complex, I just consider it their tax for letting their noisy ass kids run all over at all hours.

Redfuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Hate: cruise control button layout/placement. Designer at Ford: hey, let's make it symmetrical with the other side and it needs to have this many buttons... Naw, they'll get use to it.

Over the vehicles I've owned and driven, quite possible the poorest design. Honorable mention goes to Toyota for practical function.

Love: the hips. The rear quarter panel design that provide the car curves, absolutely making it a sexy car to me.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Hmmm...lots to like, but I will go with others. Wish the drive-mode were sticky, however after 5yrs my muscle memory is pretty good - push start, two clicks on mode and into Sports+.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I love the color of my car. I hope that not many were made. What I don’t like is I would love to turn the car on and it already be in sport mode. :like:
Love almost everything about the car.
The one thing that drives me nuts is that it defaults to normal mode on startup. I wish it would stay in the mode I set it to. I didn’t buy this car to drive in normal mode. Sport should be the default.
The only thing I don't like is that it reverts to normal mode when shut off. I feel like it should stay in the last mode that I had it in, like the steering mode does....

Other than that, I love everything about the car, especially the cold starts early on Sunday mornings when I'm heading out to Cars and Coffee.... If it annoys the neighbors in my condo complex, I just consider it their tax for letting their noisy ass kids run all over at all hours.
Hmmm...lots to like, but I will go with others. Wish the drive-mode were sticky, however after 5yrs my muscle memory is pretty good - push start, two clicks on mode and into Sports+.

Oddly enough if you have a convertible and install the SmartTop device one of its features is the ability to have the car start either in sport mode or the last mode it was in when shut off. I've set mine to start in the last mode used, which is mostly sport.
I don't really understand why someone hasn't made a device like it for the coupe.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Oddly enough if you have a convertible and install the SmartTop device one of its features is the ability to have the car start either in sport mode or the last mode it was in when shut off. I've set mine to start in the last mode used, which is mostly sport.
I don't really understand why someone hasn't made a device like it for the coupe.
That is very interesting. Who makes the SmartTop device?

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
i get a weird like...clicking / tick sound or something from the rear deck sometimes.

drives me nuts...but then i just step on the gas and it seems to go away 😇

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
I've only had my car one week today, 550 miles on the clock now, and it's my first Mustang. But I've owned a lot of other cars and I tend to nitpick.

Dislikes:
-The 2018+ front end is not quite as beautiful as the 2015-2017 front end
-Mode reverts to normal instead of staying in Sport
-Non premium stereo doesn't sound that great
-Rear markers and reverse lamp are not LED despite all other exterior lights being LED
-Most steering wheel controls are not in good places, ergonomically
-Steering wheel itself is too smooth, no flat bottom, etc
-No "current gear" indicator in the standard cluster
-No remote start option with the manual
-Backup cam is low-res
-Overhead map lights feel cheap and are not LED, despite the trunk light being LED

-Car has overall beautiful styling, especially the rear
-Exhaust tone sounds amazing; different exhaust modes function well
-Very good power, pulls hard at the top
-Excellent brakes
-Very good handling
-Interior actually doesn't feel that cheap to me.
-Ambient lighting, lit door sills, ability to change gauge color, etc...all very cool and nice
-Enough room for my 6'6" height
-Shifter feels very good (for now)
-Pretty roomy trunk, with an LED light
-10 quart oil capacity
-Glove box with separate compartment for owner's manual
-LED headlights are pretty good, fog lights also work well. Rear lights provide very good visibility in bad weather.

Interior: My car has the carbon sport package, and I've read various things about if it is a real weave set under plastic or not. Either way, its nicer than the spun aluminum, and the alcantara inserts in the door and seats add a touch of class. The dash top cowls are padded, and the tops of the doors and armrests are well padded too. Heated/ cooled seats seem to work pretty well. Auto dimming mirror is basically necessary in this car, and the one provided works well. The toggle switches and starter button are much nicer than expected, and have a good feel. So do the radio knobs...much tighter feel than any other Ford product I've driven, and nicer than many "luxury" cars. Combined with the ambient lighting, lit sills, and pretty nice infotainment system...this car has a pretty decent interior. Sure, the plastic around the window switches and in the center top of the dash is cheap, but overall the materials and trim are much better than I expected. The S550 is far ahead of other Mustangs I've seen in the past.

Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think there is a little thing I like about it. Everything I like is a big like!

I guess its the same thing about what I dislike.
1. Dash buzz.
2. Stereo starts playing upon start-up. Every stereo I've ever had, when you pause it, it stays paused until you un-pause. I've looked for a setting...nope. Is there ANY way to change this?!?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yep gas guzzler thats why I have my Honda for the gas mileage. Nonetheless I love filling up every 3-4 hours when I go for long drives and enjoy my car. 👍🏻
it makes me cry when gotta fill up.
Sponsored