• Poll closed .

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I would be pretty pissed off as well.
Are you looking at any other car now that Ford is out of the picture? Jailbreak Hellcat?
2016 Porsche Cayman 6cyl, 2019 Ford GT350 are the two on my list.

Let's how well the price adjusts in the coming months :D
Sponsored

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
stupid question maybe, but have to ask.....

DarkHorse, will it be available as a manual tranny 'vert? that could be the most fun open-air canyon carver ever.

bullittman44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alain
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I think it does look pretty good on the side view, still iffy on the front and rear, need to see it in person, that dash is going to be real tough to like, looks like 2 laptops sitting on the dash, they should have blended it into the dash for a smooth even surface, sometimes cars look way better in person than pics and videos

Replicator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (RS3 Clone)
I think it does look pretty good on the side view, still iffy on the front and rear, need to see it in person, that dash is going to be real tough to like, looks like 2 laptops sitting on the dash, they should have blended it into the dash for a smooth even surface, sometimes cars look way better in person than pics and videos
It's going the way of all good things in life... cute until you get inside of it....

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
I get all the tech is new and exciting. When I was at the dealership to order my 17 GT, (last day to order) I saw the 18's and was not impressed with how they looked. I just felt that the 15-17's looked better. My buddy told me that the 18's had a HP bump over the 15-17's. 435 to 460. The extra power couldn't sway me to buy an 18. There comes a limit to how much HP is driveable.
Even if you were missing out, you're not. The horsepower bump the 18+s got is pretty much negated by the taller gear ratios in the manuals.

I've grown to love the 18s, I think the design is excellent. But I still prefer the OG S550 just a little more. Better gearing and the design is pretty much perfection.

Now that I've had a few nights to sleep on the unveil, the interior locks the vote in as a no. I think the exterior is a nice evolution forward despite some weird quirks in the front (dark plastic panels under DH headlights, excess black plastic on the grill). However the screen dominated dash, it's poor implementation, and the overall incohesive design kill this car for me. Cover the emblems and this could be anything else circa 2020. Nothing about the interior is uniquely Mustang save for some generic parts from the S550. It look like a college intern project.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
With the price bump when the 18+ came out, added to the sure to be price bump of the s650. 15-17 GT is king daddy with bang for the buck. Especially the 15-17 300A GT's.

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Solid "Glad I have my 2022" from me. I'm a tech guy, but love me some buttons, analog gauges and manual transmission.

However I would like to say you could just get an aftermarket tach or speedometer to fill that need, and perhaps be one of the few rolling one.

Bummer nothing from the factory though, I was hoping they would have some gauges myself, as they didn't really do alot of changes that I'm interested in, mainly meaning the power and engine specs. 20 hp and "around 500 hp". After all the builds we see here, a supercharged one would have been more interesting for the Dark Horse.

Maybe that's next year... A guy can dream, can't he? 😁

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
exactly the same. Every generation of Mustang looked so incredibly bad both inside and out I couldn't for the life of me explain why anybody bought them. Let alone in such numbers. Then I saw the S550 and FINALLY a Mustang that wasn't complete garbage. So I bought 4 of them in quick succession.
You own 4? Didn't know that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You own 4? Didn't know that.
Owned. 17 v6 led to 19 GT/pp1 and then 5 months later an ecoboost. So I had 3 for about 2 months. The V6 was traded in on a ss/1le since they were giving away $2000 just for owning a mustang. Sold the N4G eco because they were quoting stupid prices to buy it. Bought a carbonized eco and had that for 3 months and sold it when they gave me 3 grand over MSRP for it. Sold the SS similarly. Have Brittany Coastal Eco on order with delivery late oct.

I had an opportunity to buy a year old 2018 GT350 in Ruby with all of 800 miles for 48K. My ceiling was 45k. Wish I had the good sense to have closed that deal.

Last edited:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
For me the most attractive looking Mustang, as far as the exterior is concerned, is the S197. Not because it's actually beautiful, but because it looks like a proper muscle car, exuding power and masculinity and sheer force. The S550 looks really beautiful from all angles, I love it to bits, but it has lost most of that brutish air. It's a bit too refined, too European.
I think the new Mustang is trying to address this deficiency. It retains some of the elegance of the S550, while also bringing back some of the S197's muscular attitude. I like that.

The interior, however... massive fail. :puke:

jcttraveler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2019
I wish designers would not equate "bigger" with "better." When I first got my '19 on some twisty roads, my first thought was "geeze, this car is big!"

It seems nearly every car model goes through this to the point a car maker has to invent a new model to fill the gap which the older model outgrew. Some of my favorite cars which have "suffered" include the Nissan Z car (the 240 was a classic) and the Porsche 911. The Miata has stayed true, however.

Our Mustang has benefited from a few "resets" over the years. It got big in the early 70s then smaller again with the gas crunch and the "Mustang II". It stayed fairly small until this current phase. Federal safety regs probably drive some of this, but I'd like to see a smaller, tighter, lighter version again.

Meanwhile, I like the Sych3 screen and the ability to connect to my phone for Nav, phone and media, but I also like my analog gauges, and physical switches.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Car companies need to make the cars bigger because Americans keep getting fatter

rangers now are f150 size, f150s are f250 size, etc
This person tells the truth. My F150 Screw is like an apartment inside. I'm 6'3" 250 and it's big even for me.
Sponsored