Sponsored

What would prevent you from buying the S650?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Why is the grille taking up so much space?
because every other retard designer is doing the GIANT Gaping Mouth thing and since Ford is staffed by numbskulls in the design department they did the same thing.
Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I very much like the current 550. The first new mustang I’ve bought since 1991.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
You know, despite preferring the S550 design (interior and exterior), I was a defender of the S650 exterior styling since it was unveiled but I can't unsee this now, lmao

I guess at least they aren't completely fucking over their design language like BMW... I used to love that brand and now they're almost all eyesores or strange looking.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
giphy.gif

Ford has lost any forward thinking in styling. Just following the useful idiot crowd. They've also removed most of the car's historical styling cues.

Last edited:

Sponsored

awhitegt86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
1. Another swing and miss with the grille. Do the designers even look at past models for inspiration?
2. The dashboard...it's not just the touch screens, the whole area is confused with no consistent theme. I realize they are trying to appeal to younger buyers with the touch screens, but they don't need to look like an afterthought.
3. They have already stopped production to fix "quality issues", and I'm glad they're paying attention, but I'll pass on the first year of new generation car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I use paddles most of the time so not really using the 10-speed auto shifting as a comparison,
Intake on your 17 will help highend but it's the low and mid-range power that will suffer with the Gen 2. I almost bought a 350 before the Mach but after a test drive, I was unimpressed with the lower end power and amount of issues with engines so I went with the pre-order of my 21 Mach for under MSRP.
Yes, since you've driven the GT350, which makes even more power than your Mach, you know exactly what I mean about the manual transmission gearing being poor for street driving. The gearing makes the engine feel like it's soft, even though it isn't.

The advantage of the 10 speed is it has much better gearing. The 10 different ratios make the engine seem really strong at any speed. If I liked automatics I would prefer a 10 speed car as well. Plus in my opinion, the Mach is the best looking S550.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Well, the thing about that story is the guy originally lied about tampering with the ECU. He said he only did a muffler delete when it was found that the software had been messed with causing the engine to blow up so that’s on him.

Ford will always deny warranty claims they see the ECU has been tampered with, that’s nothing new.

I also feel like the dual throttle body setup is a trap. Why have dual TB’s and still make around the same HP? That’s just what I automatically thought when I first saw it but I’m sure someone smarter than I will know.
Maybe some truth to the rumor about doing a twin turbo GT500 instead of a supercharged one down the road running dual TB's maybe? I know I've read some rumors about it but nothing factual has come up as far as I know yet.

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
3. They have already stopped production to fix "quality issues", and I'm glad they're paying attention, but I'll pass on the first year of new generation car.
Not surprised but also curious of the details regarding this. They managed to add new problems to an already problematic platform...that could make for a laughable reliability...

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, since you've driven the GT350, which makes even more power than your Mach, you know exactly what I mean about the manual transmission gearing being poor for street driving. The gearing makes the engine feel like it's soft, even though it isn't.

The advantage of the 10 speed is it has much better gearing. The 10 different ratios make the engine seem really strong at any speed. If I liked automatics I would prefer a 10 speed car as well. Plus in my opinion, the Mach is the best looking S550.
I didn't really want a manual but it was the deal I made with the Wife (devil) to get the Mach 1 ..LOL
And as far as the GT350 having more power than me, not anymore that I run the E85! :)
I get what you're saying about the gears though, huge impact.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
because every other retard designer is doing the GIANT Gaping Mouth thing and since Ford is staffed by numbskulls in the design department they did the same thing.
Probably. I watched some people go nuts when BMWs grew giant grill openings. Many of the same people loved it when Ford painted part of the GT500 front end black to have the same effect. I can take it or leave it.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
LOL.. have you seen the new Lexus models? Was driving through a dealership parking lot and the grills .... wow.....

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

The GT350 was designed as a pure track machine. tall gearing and incredible handling. That is where it shines. Most Mustang purists who want to do street light pulls or drag strip racing were disappointed with the GT350. They either sold it or tried to super charge it which has the risk of messing with the engine.
Stick to a CPC engine which you can super charge if necessary.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The GT350 was designed as a pure track machine. tall gearing and incredible handling. That is where it shines. Most Mustang purists who want to do street light pulls or drag strip racing were disappointed with the GT350. They either sold it or tried to super charge it which has the risk of messing with the engine.
Stick to a CPC engine which you can super charge if necessary.
No, I get it and I was fine with the GT350 the way it was built. I still say it was the best car I've owned. But Ford went too far when they made every manual transmission 2018+ GT have gearing like the GT350.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No, I get it and I was fine with the GT350 the way it was built. I still say it was the best car I've owned. But Ford went too far when they made every manual transmission 2018+ GT have gearing like the GT350.
gotcha.. yeah I agree. Wasn't correcting you specifically as I know you had the 350 and loved it.
I know a few Bullitt owners who love the car, but disappointed in the tall gearing.
Sponsored