Sponsored

What would prevent you from buying the S650?

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Besides the ECU being locked down, I’m not a fan of the gaudy iPad screens that don’t seem to match the interior, the Camaro-like design in the back, the auto start/stop, and the rear end as the crease look is too exaggerated for my liking.

Was curious as to what would prevent some others from buying it to see if my dislikes were common or it's something else altogether.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basically that, ECU being locked down and camaro rearend.
I imagine it wouldn’t be locked down for too long but I hope they do a refresh in a couple years before they are phased out all together.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
The dash, garage space, and the avoidance of a first year edition. I'll Let the kinks get worked out and grab one after I ditch one of my S550s in a few years....maybe.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dash, garage space, and the avoidance of a first year edition. I'll Let the kinks get worked out and grab one after I ditch one of my S550s in a few years....maybe.
I made that mistake with the Gen 3 when I bought one in 2014…had to have the dash ripped apart for the AC issues and it never went back together the same and continuously rattled.

Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
I remember the 1970 mustang being replaced by the. 71 mustang. Some of course still love it. The large protruding lower rear plastic upper cladding unpainted.. the iPad style Dash. The larger grill opening areas making it look less like the original mustang.. . Nothing as unique as the GT 350 R or the GT 500.. so I think it’s a step backwards from the S550 . The design of the S550 was all new and the 650 is an attempt to change the original 550.. it’s like the original is awesome and they tried to change the original and missed it like Hollywood does to an original hit. Movie comes out with the series 2, which is usually not as good as the first original.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
The dash is the deal breaker for me. Don’t like that it’s more of a refresh than whole new platform, 550’s look better front/rear than the new 650’s.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Having a S550 that is better!

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I am not too moved by the dash overall, but also just the fact that it is a first year. Like others have said, lets see what plagues the car in its first few years.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
1. Dash Fablets..... I don't have a problem with digital dash in and of itself, it's how they are tacked on and not integrated into the dash. Then there are the 198 Hyundai square style AC vents. Come on Ford... This has to be one of the ugliest poorly executed dashes in a sports car I've seen in years.

2. The way they pinched the rear window and fattened up the rear fenders. If anything the S550 was a bit of a fat a$$. The 650 follows the bigger is better mantra and is a fail.

3. The overall styling of the front end especially in the dark horse with the two tone sections surrounding the headlights. Looks completely retarded.

I would have much preferred if Ford had put the S550 on a diet trimmed things down and tightened the package.

The Bullitt will continue to be my first and only Ford or Mustang....

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m kinda shocked that I’m the only one who’s said anything about the auto start/stop so far, lol.

I’m sure you could eventually turn it off in the the ECU when we’re able to finally get in. But who knows when that’ll be.

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
#1) No manual transmission with the Ecoboost
#2) Not a fan of the dash styling

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I’m kinda shocked that I’m the only one who’s said anything about the auto start/stop so far, lol.

I’m sure you could eventually turn it off in the the ECU when we’re able to finally get in. But who knows when that’ll be.
I mean i agree. Thats gonna be retarded to hear a V8 start and stop at redlights and stuff. I have to assume there is gonna be an on off button in the dash somewhere. My wifes Kia telluride has that start/stop stuff on it and i just disable it with the button when i get in the car.
Sponsored