What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
From day one of ownership I have not turned radio nothing entered sounds the banging gears in a v8 baby just my two cents hahahha
Really, If I drove a Top Fuel Funny Car, my number 1 Prerequisite would be, a Sound System worthy of a million dollar car. LOL
Sponsored

Benjamin Hundred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT230 Convertible
I like a good balance on my cars, while I love a good sounding engine (and Iā€™ve driven tons all the way up to the V12 Lambos) having a clear sound system complement the mood is my preference. I just bought an entire Super Snake interior because the guy wanted to gut and hack his car up to minimize weight, not for me, I want to go fast in luxurious comfort, or atleast as much as a Mustang allows šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@Bassackwards That's interesting. You might be the first person to have magnaride and look for the blue plug.

I'm fairly certain the wiring for the sub is on the other side of your blue plug. If you'll notice, there are holes for more wires. If you refer back to post #48 you'll see that the plug we use for the sub is the size of yours but only has 3 or 4 wires for the sub.

I think the pins could be pulled out of the sub harness (picture in post #48) and added to the magnaride harness. (your picture)

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I just installed the JL 12 sub and Amp, with a gain knob on my 2019 GT Premium 9 speaker stereo. Sounds great.
Can you give the details of what you did? thanks!

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
@Bassackwards That's interesting. You might be the first person to have magnaride and look for the blue plug.

I'm fairly certain the wiring for the sub is on the other side of your blue plug. If you'll notice, there are holes for more wires. If you refer back to post #48 you'll see that the plug we use for the sub is the size of yours but only has 3 or 4 wires for the sub.

I think the pins could be pulled out of the sub harness (picture in post #48) and added to the magnaride harness. (your picture)

I would prefer to go this route if possible. Does anyone have a better pic of the plug in#48 or a pin out? I don't mind looking at it closely

Theye77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1 HP Auto
This sounds hopeful. We need someone with magneride to check theirs ā€¦ it would be awesome to do this upgrade.

Sponsored

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would prefer to go this route if possible. Does anyone have a better pic of the plug in#48 or a pin out? I don't mind looking at it closely
I thought there was a pin out somewhere earlier in this thread.

Someone with magnaride and a sub would need to pull their sub out and check. I doubt that will happen.
The other way is to buy the little sub harness and see if the wire locations match empty spots on the magnaride harness. It was cheap enough back when I did it, who knows what it is now...

mrdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Same here, I have Magnaride no subā€¦ anyone has an update on the required harness to add a sub?

mrdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Solution??
The wiring harness with Ford part number GR3Z-14A411-B is designed to connect to the 40-pin socket in the trunk of your 2018 Ford Mustang and provide connections for both the factory subwoofer and the MagneRide suspension module. The harness should have connectors for both the subwoofer and the MagneRide module, allowing both components to be connected to the same socket.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Solution??
The wiring harness with Ford part number GR3Z-14A411-B is designed to connect to the 40-pin socket in the trunk of your 2018 Ford Mustang and provide connections for both the factory subwoofer and the MagneRide suspension module. The harness should have connectors for both the subwoofer and the MagneRide module, allowing both components to be connected to the same socket.
Question: This harness was replaced by GR3Z-14A411-C my local dealership told me?.
** Does this this harness plug into harness which is behind my OEM right side (passenger side) trunk panel. Will it give me give me a Sub woofer Signal to run into my JL Amplifier?
** I didn't know their was a Sub Woofer Signal wire already behind the panel on NON-B&O Systems with the bass woofer.
My Car is a 19 PP1 with Magneride?
Thank you for your help

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm not entirely sure that you will have the blue connector. I thought there were some people in this thread that had magnaride without it. Either way, I would look to make sure before buying anything.

Do you have the 9 speaker system?
If so, in order to get the signal back to the blue plug, the dsp in the driver's footwell needs to be swapped with one from a car that had the 12 speaker system.

I don't know how much different the B&O system is from the shaker but I would like to to get my hands on the 10" sub box to find out if it would replace my 8"
Sponsored