What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

mrdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is this the right dsp? I have the blue connector but it all goes into the vdm module.

I also found a threat in this forum about magneride retrofit, and they mention this harness KR3Z-14A411-B for VDM + B&0 Subwoofer Wiring.

IMG_2847.jpeg
Sponsored

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That looks right from what I remember.
I don't have any experience with the magnaride or B&O but I would probably bet they have right connector

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I'm not entirely sure that you will have the blue connector. I thought there were some people in this thread that had magnaride without it. Either way, I would look to make sure before buying anything.

Do you have the 9 speaker system?
If so, in order to get the signal back to the blue plug, the dsp in the driver's footwell needs to be swapped with one from a car that had the 12 speaker system.

I don't know how much different the B&O system is from the shaker but I would like to to get my hands on the 10" sub box to find out if it would replace my 8"
I will look this week end. My question is: Does this Harness have a RCA connector which connects directly into the Sub input RCA? Or is it just a harness which has a wire which you can connect to your AMPS pre Sub Signal input? Do yuou think this would be a More Clearer Bass signal input than what I have now which is: I have tapped into the rear deck two speaker POS-NEG wires and use that for my AMP Sub signal input?
NOTE: I also ordered the new harness to verify if it does hook into my OEM harness.
Thanks

Last edited:

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I will look this week end. My question is: Does this Harness have a RCA connector which connects directly into the Sub input RCA? Or is it just a harness which has a wire which you can connect to your AMPS pre Sub Signal input? Do yuou think this would be a More Clearer Bass signal input than what I have now which is: I have tapped into the rear deck two speaker POS-NEG wires and use that for my AMP Sub signal input?
NOTE: I also ordered the new harness to verify if it does hook into my OEM harness.
Thanks
I don't think the rear deck speakers get the full bass range, more of a mid-range signal. May not be a good source for a sub.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I don't think the rear deck speakers get the full bass range, more of a mid-range signal. May not be a good source for a sub.
I agree. I have the harness ordered, does it have an RCA jack to connect directly into an amp?

Sponsored

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No it's a regular plug, similar to all of the other plugs in a Mustang.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
No it's a regular plug, similar to all of the other plugs in a Mustang.
Then could I not just splice into the OEM harness for the bass signal wire? On the picture, which wire is the signal wire? That would help me out. Thanks

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think you could. I believe it would be somewhere near a line level output since the amp for the sub is mounted on the back of the sub box.
I'm not which wire is which.
I'll look back through the thread and see if it shows.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I think you could. I believe it would be somewhere near a line level output since the amp for the sub is mounted on the back of the sub box.
I'm not which wire is which.
I'll look back through the thread and see if it shows.
I will also try to find in the wiring schematic. Thanks

lepak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Has anyone tried the GR3Z-14A411-C harness yet? I have a 2018 with MagneRide and would like to add the factory sub. The blue 40 pin connector already has a harness plugged into it.
blueharness.jpg

Sponsored

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I searched that part # and if the image is correct, I don't see how it would plug in anywhere in your picture.
The other thing that seems odd is that it only has 2 wires and the shaker sub needs 4.
I think it would answer a lot of questions if someone with magnaride and a sub would pull there's out and see what the harnesses look like.

lepak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
I searched that part # and if the image is correct, I don't see how it would plug in anywhere in your picture.
The other thing that seems odd is that it only has 2 wires and the shaker sub needs 4.
I think it would answer a lot of questions if someone with magnaride and a sub would pull there's out and see what the harnesses look like.
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone with the MagneRide and sub will take a look and see how theirs is hooked up. My car is seriously lacking in bass and I need to get that fixed. 🤣

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Looks like GRN/WHT is the Neg and VIO/GRN is the Pos. I have the 9 speaker system and just installed the JL 12" woofer with JL Amp. But I tapped into the rear two deck speaker Pos-Neg wires. If my OEM harness has the wires going back to the passenger side well area, and provides an actual Pre AMP Bass input signal I would rather us it for it would be a clearer signal I would think.

Must Sub wire.1png.png

Must Sub Control 2.png

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
I abandoned the idea and just built a fiberglass enclosure with a 12" Rockford Fosgate sub driven by a 500 W Alpine amp. No one can tolerate it wide open for very long. It was cheaper than the factory system too.

Theye77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Mach 1 HP Auto
Did anyone have any further luck verifying where the sub plugs in with magneride equipped cars ?
Sponsored