What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Do you happen to know the steps to get it to recognize it? I have alittle bit of knowledge with forscan
The ACM is what you want to check as that is where all the mixing of audio is done. The 727 module:
727-01-01 xx59 F8x8 xxxx - Enables Line Level with Optional Subwoofer (Aux 1) and Front Center (Aux 2) Outputs Enabled*

* This string breaks down as follows:
5 = Variable Line Level Audio Output
9 = Enable External Subwoofer (AUX 1) and Internal Amplifier (Aux 2) (0 - Disable)
F = Disable Open Speaker Circuit Detection (w/Active FM Radio Antenna - Otherwise use a D)
8 = Front Tweeters Present
8 = Aux 1 Type: Mono Subwoofer and Aux 2 Type: Front Center

So on my car which has the 9 speaker and no sub I have this:
727-01-01 1850 F802 44D6

Changing the 4th digit from a 0 to a 9 and the 8th digit from a 2 to an 8 should enable the sub if all the voltages are present at the rear connector.
Sponsored

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
The ACM is what you want to check as that is where all the mixing of audio is done. The 727 module:
727-01-01 xx59 F8x8 xxxx - Enables Line Level with Optional Subwoofer (Aux 1) and Front Center (Aux 2) Outputs Enabled*

9 = Enable External Subwoofer (AUX 1) and Internal Amplifier (Aux 2) (0 - Disable)
F = Disable Open Speaker Circuit Detection (w/Active FM Radio Antenna - Otherwise use a D)

727-01-01 1850 F802 44D6

Changing only the 4th digit from a 0 to a 9 should enable the sub if all the voltages are present at the rear connector.
Will give that a try! I’m sure it wouldn’t but just to be safe will making changes in forscan in the ACM cause any issues with my tune for the car? I made a change before to add the Performance Shift Indicator and it had a little affect on my tune and I ended up having to reverse any changes I’ve made

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Will give that a try! I’m sure it wouldn’t but just to be safe will making changes in forscan in the ACM cause any issues with my tune for the car? I made a change before to add the Performance Shift Indicator and it had a little affect on my tune and I ended up having to reverse any changes I’ve made
Your tune will be fine. Make sure you take a screen shot or record the original parameters in the 727 module before changing anything so you can undo mistakes that could cause negative effects in the audio system.

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium

727-01-01 1850 F802 44D6

Changing the 4th digit from a 0 to a 9 and the 8th digit from a 2 to an 8 should enable the sub if all the voltages are present at the rear connector.
Waiting on my forscan tool to come in the mail now, looking over your instructions just want to make sure im clear.
On the code you provided
727-01-01 1850 F802 44D6

It says change the 4th digit from a zero to a 9 and the 8th digit from a 2 to an 8, I see the 4th digit is indeed a 0 but the 8th digit in the line is 1. Am I supposed to have a 2? Or did you mean to put change the 1 to an 8?

should the final code look like this one below?
727-91-01 8850 F802 44D6

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Waiting on my forscan tool to come in the mail now, looking over your instructions just want to make sure im clear.
On the code you provided
727-01-01 1850 F802 44D6

It says change the 4th digit from a zero to a 9 and the 8th digit from a 2 to an 8, I see the 4th digit is indeed a 0 but the 8th digit in the line is 1. Am I supposed to have a 2? Or did you mean to put change the 1 to an 8?

should the final code look like this one below?
727-91-01 8850 F802 44D6
Sorry, I should have said the digits after the module address. Start counting after the 727-01-01
These are the only bits to change, leave the numbers in the x locations as is:
727-01-01 xxx9 xxx8 xxxx

Sponsored

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry, I should have said the digits after the module address. Start counting after the 727-01-01
These are the only bits to change, leave the numbers in the x locations as is:
727-01-01 xxx9 xxx8 xxxx
I went ahead and changed the code to the one you provided and seems like the sub still isn’t working

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I went ahead and changed the code to the one you provided and seems like the sub still isn’t working
What is your build? If you’re using the 9 speaker amp and no lc2i you can’t get the signal from stock anp

there’s no subwoofer channel in the 9 speaker amp

I verified this myself, I have both 9 and 12 speaker amo

plgg into 9 speaker amp no sub
Plug in 12 speaker amp, sub worked. There’s no internal circuitry in 9 speaker amp to let sub play

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
What is your build? If you’re using the 9 speaker amp and no lc2i you can’t get the signal from stock anp

there’s no subwoofer channel in the 9 speaker amp

I verified this myself, I have both 9 and 12 speaker amo

plgg into 9 speaker amp no sub
Plug in 12 speaker amp, sub worked. There’s no internal circuitry in 9 speaker amp to let sub play
I have a 2019 GT Premium, I dont have the the B&0 System but I swapped out all the Front & Rear speakers with the shaker speaker, also swapped out the AMP Module and also added the sub and connected it to that blue connector in the trunk

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have 17 ecoboost 9 speaker, I swapped the acm + amp from 12 speaker car and did forescan, I had sub signal

a friend wanted to do same he changed to 12 amp, he didn’t get sub signal. He was thinking maybe the 12 acm sends the sub signal to the amp.
I did acm and amp same time so cannot comnent

I wanted HD radio is why I tossed the acm in though

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I have 17 ecoboost 9 speaker, I swapped the acm + amp from 12 speaker car and did forescan, I had sub signal

a friend wanted to do same he changed to 12 amp, he didn’t get sub signal. He was thinking maybe the 12 acm sends the sub signal to the amp.
I did acm and amp same time so cannot comnent

I wanted HD radio is why I tossed the acm in though
Is there anything I’m missing? I read almost every line in the forum and followed almost all directions lol

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’m saying

I did these 3 things
Added acm, and amp, and changed code

friend changed code. Added amp, didn’t have sub signal

I’m not sure if the acm is needed or not as I replaced at same time

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2019 GT Premium, I dont have the the B&0 System but I swapped out all the Front & Rear speakers with the shaker speaker, also swapped out the AMP Module and also added the sub and connected it to that blue connector in the trunk
That should work. Do you have a picture of the module you installed or the part number?

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
That should work. Do you have a picture of the module you installed or the part number?
I do not have a current picture of it but I pulled it directly from the car with the shaker system, thats also where I got the speakers and sub from

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Strange for sure.
All I did in my '18 was swap the dsp in the driver's kick panel and added the sub for mirror rattling bass.

JMontalban

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Strange for sure.
All I did in my '18 was swap the dsp in the driver's kick panel and added the sub for mirror rattling bass.
Hopefully I’ll figure out the issue, would really like it to work I got a little more base from changing out all the speakers but would really like the sub to work
Sponsored