Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I am assuming they have yet to finalize the power numbers... I was getting excited when they were showing that spec card for every GT500. That would have been a perfect place to show off the specs of the new one.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
exactly, was thinking, what a cool idea and then it fell flat. Oh well.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
yup... the leaked brochure was more exciting

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Power number won't be finalized till after emissions/OBD certification guys...same for any other car with a new engine. Chill.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Power number won't be finalized till after emissions/OBD certification guys...same for any other car with a new engine. Chill.
Plus, they want to be able to beat Chevy and Dodge with power/torque, if need be. I'm sure they've got a power margin that they're working with, so if they're targeting 725 HP, but Chevy releases a new ZL1 with 740, they can one-up it with 745. Giving Chevy 8 months to come up with a new package for the ZL1 is risky.

JR

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
I find it a bit crazy they cant/haven't revealed any power numbers/specs just yet. To me it sounds like they were all in on the 500 a couple years ago when the 350 was released with it being not far behind. Then Hackett comes around in 2017 and just nixes the 500 altogether. FP then has to fight and claw for likely 6-12 months to convince him to keep it and they have been behind the 8 ball every since. If i was Ford or selling cars in general, I would be hyping the shit out of this car saying what it could beat, the crazy performance levels, etc. Instead we got a couple of 40-somethings playing video games and basically for me it felt like a soft release in its own backyard because Ford is up against a wall and they had to. The Ford spokesperson didnt even sound like a proper salesman either. Ford had the stage all to themselves and it already sounds like we have many very disappointed fans. I think they will still sell quite a few but they missed the opportunity like few I have seen in the past. Maybe, just maybe they somehow have a better sales pitch at BJ this week and get the market reinvigorated.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I like the car in principle. However for me it has to meet the mark. I don't want it for the color, or any other aesthetics for that matter (like a lot of others seem to care about). If I buy it, it will be because it truly is the next evolution of track mustangs.

I was extremely let down with what Ford gave us today. I knew little more after today as opposed to before. What I care about is weight, HP, and torque in a car built upon the lessons learned from the GT350. Instead, and all I got today was a whole lot of nothing wrapped in eye candy and the hint of unlimited carbon fiber copies.

Ford, give us approximate (conservative) numbers so that we can all make an educated decision.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I like the car in principle. However for me it has to meet the mark. I don't want it for the color, or any other aesthetics for that matter (like a lot of others seem to care about). If I buy it, it will be because it truly is the next evolution of track mustangs.

I was extremely let down with what Ford gave us today. I knew little more after today as opposed to before. What I care about is weight, HP, and torque in a car built upon the lessons learned from the GT350. Instead, and all I got today was a whole lot of nothing wrapped in eye candy and the hint of unlimited carbon fiber copies.

Ford, give us approximate (conservative) numbers so that we can all make an educated decision.
It would have been nice to know more details but this is idustry standard, no manufacture is going to give up the juice that early. I did expect a little more detail in the weight savings department but nothing ground breaking on HP/TQ.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree that Hackett doesn't seem like a sales guy and he's not the one I would put on the stage. I remember the GT350 reveal vividly and IMO it was much more exciting and interesting with a lot more details. I didn't expect power/weight numbers yet. Ford started selling the GT350s before they gave us the power numbers. I expect the GT500 to be the same.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
If I remember they have to get the engines/MPG certified via the EPA for make the numbers to be final. Cant do that during a Govt shut down. FCA is in a similar issue on their new trucks.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Lol, people just loooove to bitch. Even if Ford released the power numbers, they are underrated (specially when it comes to supercharged ford vehicles). So the only numbers we should all be interested in are the ones that are done from the dyno and what the car can do in the 1/4 mile.

But really, the car just came out and all people wanna do is bitch.
Sponsored