Sponsored

What should we realistically expect to be revealed on the 17th?

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
In the published specs, there isn't a direct reference to having a camera to integrate with the telemetry that is available in the Track Apps, which will be standard on the EcoBoost and GT models. So while you could take readings on track (yes, I saw the photo to which you are referring), I don't think it will function with a video overlay and be saved to storage for download.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140327/CARNEWS/140329894

If you recall the ces announcement ford said that telemetry will be available to external apps using the cars GPS and accelerometers. Meaning that you will be able to set up a device and plug it in to the car and have it download the telemetry datA as it records then use the device's interface to review the lap as the owner sees fit. Personally I think this is way better than the c7 system. Because manufacturers like go pro or app developers will be able to do what they do best which is build cameras and user interface and ford can do what it does best which is build great mustangs. Secondly having the data already on an external device makes it easy to get it into the cloud for posting online downloading to a laptop etc. fords solution didn't waste any engineering dollars on designing and integrating a front mount camera and will allow experts in that space to do that while still giving a track enthusiast access to telemetry data.

The c7 system post race will be.... hey come sit next to me in the passenger seat and watch my whole lap on the nav screen to see me nail this corner

Mustang system will be... just uploaded a clip of myself nailing turn 6 to facebook check it out

Both will have the telemetry info overlaid....

I always want the most advanced and forward thinking tech but not everyone agrees so there will be those in both camps for which system is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
The corvette system saves to an external SD card which you can then plug into a PC and use what looks to be excellent analytical software.

The thing with gopros and the like is that it becomes a hassle after a while to keep them charged, mount them, unmount them, etc. It would be nice to just show up at the track and not have to do anything but push a button. And being able to immediately review a session on a nice 8 inch screen complete with overlays in a bonus in my opinion.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
If you recall the ces announcement ford said that telemetry will be available to external apps using the cars GPS and accelerometers. Meaning that you will be able to set up a device and plug it in to the car and have it download the telemetry datA as it records then use the device's interface to review the lap as the owner sees fit. Personally I think this is way better than the c7 system. Because manufacturers like go pro or app developers will be able to do what they do best which is build cameras and user interface and ford can do what it does best which is build great mustangs. Secondly having the data already on an external device makes it easy to get it into the cloud for posting online downloading to a laptop etc. fords solution didn't waste any engineering dollars on designing and integrating a front mount camera and will allow experts in that space to do that while still giving a track enthusiast access to telemetry data.
Yes, correct, I certainly recall that.

The c7 system post race will be.... hey come sit next to me in the passenger seat and watch my whole lap on the nav screen to see me nail this corner

Mustang system will be... just uploaded a clip of myself nailing turn 6 to facebook check it out

Both will have the telemetry info overlaid....
I also think it is a more portable solution than the C7 system, although if you want to look at it after laps, it might be a tad more convenient. The C7's system certainly is a notable first, but as you note, there are other ways to achieve the same ends

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The corvette system saves to an external SD card which you can then plug into a PC and use what looks to be excellent analytical software.

The thing with gopros and the like is that it becomes a hassle after a while to keep them charged, mount them, unmount them, etc. It would be nice to just show up at the track and not have to do anything but push a button. And being able to immediately review a session on a nice 8 inch screen complete with overlays in a bonus in my opinion.
The issue with the Corvette's video system is that you don't get to choose the video angle. Personally I think an angle showing the driver and allowing you to watch their technique is more important than just looking over the hood.

Then of course if you just want to have fun or make a neat video, having unique camera angles are important as well. The hassle of setting up is all part of the fun IMO.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just over a week ;)

I get on a plane a week tomorrow :D

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Shit, the Anniversary Celebration is two weeks away...
Hello Thed,

You can expect a whole lot of awesomeness coming your way but that’s all I can tell you. The wait will soon be over.
Have a great day! :)

Tricia

GTsquid

Careful Tricia, some of us have a way of making mountains out of molehills :)

Anyway I'm really excited even if Ford doesn't reveal the 50th Anniversary 700hp GT350 TTV8 under $40K :D I just hope some specs are released on the GT so we can finally stop speculating.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
:ford: Tease :ford:
Careful Tricia, some of us have a way of making mountains out of molehills :)
Anyway I'm really excited even if Ford doesn't reveal the 50th Anniversary 700hp GT350 TTV8 under $40K :D I just hope some specs are released on the GT so we can finally stop speculating.
Husker and GTsquid,

LOL! Not at all, I’m just as excited as you guys are. The anticipation is killing me and to add to the excitement a 2014 Mustang is sitting in our lobby right now. As far as the speculations goes, I’ll be sure to keep my fingers crossed for you on my end! :)

Have a great day.

Tricia

Sponsored

Sisk

Threads
Reaction score
I wish Ford was keeping some huge secret like the GT has a supercharger or turbocharger. It would be quite the trick considering we've seen the engine already. I can dream, though.

mustanghobo

Threads
Reaction score
I wish Ford was keeping some huge secret like the GT has a supercharger or turbocharger. It would be quite the trick considering we've seen the engine already. I can dream, though.
Oddly enough I was talking to a friend about the new gt and asked if he'd pick the 15 gt or an sti if he had to choose.(he's a tuner so I figured he'd consider the sti)

He said the GT because they're gonna have a supercharger.

Not sure where he got that rumor, we all know it won't have one, but kinda weird he'd heard that somewhere down the grapevine

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Oddly enough I was talking to a friend about the new gt and asked if he'd pick the 15 gt or an sti if he had to choose.(he's a tuner so I figured he'd consider the sti)

Not sure where he got that rumor, we all know it won't have one, but kinda weird he'd heard that somewhere down the grapevine
Ford Racing Performance Parts dealer installed SC option. Its not really anything "new".
Basically this:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12403
...but for the '15.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Not a rumor, just a misunderstanding as explained below by jjw.

Ford Racing Performance Parts dealer installed SC option. Its not really anything "new".
Basically this:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12403
...but for the '15.