Sponsored

What Sedan Would You Buy Coming From a Mustang GT?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
yeah, pass on the -R. Now Civic Si or Sport with a couple grand of trivial mods, now THAT is the price/performance bargain. Then again, a low trim Mustang really isn't that far behind. $3000 in IRS, diff, braking and suspension fixes and you've got an albeit a bit of a heavy contender as well.
Agreed, the Si is great value and they’re every bit as fun as the Type R.

And what you state about the Mustang is the reason I went with a base GT. The PP use to be a great deal, at $6,700 I think it’s lost some of it’s value.
Sponsored

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
Type R is a great value…at sticker. The problem is at least around here I’ve seen/heard of $10-$20k markups. At $55-$65k, I think that value is gone and there’s better options out there. Just my opinion though.
[/QUOT
Indeed, at $65k, you can get a Shelby.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
that ship is sailing/sailed. You can order a 5VBW today (they have an unused allocation and want to place the order tomorrow) for 3k ADM. You may be able to talk them off that too.

Call Jaffe 301-502-3938 at Jim Coleman Caddy and tell him you want the same deal Matt got. :)
How many dang cars you got, Matt?

I'm looking at RS3s but they are hard to come by.
I'd love an RS3 to go along with my current cars. And have been looking at them a bit, but definitely not in a position to buy a third car right now.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How many dang cars you got, Matt?
well, I passed on the BW for the moment. I will revisit the matter in 4-6mo when they are starting to really feel the pain over in dealer-land.
For now I picked up a TorRed Challenger SCAT 6MT to while away the wait.
2022-11-29 22.21.38.jpg

My '19 GT seems is ready to exit purgatory, and the '22 Brittany EB, and the Audi S5 w/ 4.2l v8 and 6MT.

Last edited:

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
well, I passed on the BW for the moment. I will revisit the matter in 4-6mo when they are starting to really feel the pain over in dealer-land.
For now I picked up a TorRed Challenger SCAT 6MT to while away the wait. My '19 GT seems is ready to exit purgatory, and the '22 Brittany EB, and the Audi S5 w/ 4.2l v8 and 6MT.
Dadgum. Seems like a fun stable!

Sponsored

GD~

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT
Acura TLX Type S if you're going to drive in any rotten weather. CTS-V or CT5-V otherwise.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
2018+ Camry HELLO??????????

20-30 year lifespan. 36-39MPG. 300HP. HELLO?????????

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
First off, If you buy an Audi or a BMW brand new, you're a complete moron that makes terrible financial decisions.
I take offense at that comment. I'm not a complete moron. I'm only a moron when it comes to cars. For other stuff, I'm basically a rational intelligent person.

I bought a new M550i BMW a couple of months ago. Unlike the CT5VBW it only comes with an 8-speed automatic transmission, but it also has AWD and with 523 HP (stock) it goes like stink. I'm still in the break-in period, but I believe that sub 4 second 0-60 are easily obtainable. It's also incredibly comfortable, handles fantastic and has many of the M5 parts on it but at $30K less.

Yes, the depreciation will be massive and yes, maintenance costs out of warranty can be staggering. That said, it's a great driving car, very safe, and very capable. Sometimes, you gotta pay to play.

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
First off, If you buy an Audi or a BMW brand new, you're a complete moron that makes terrible financial decisions.
That being said, buying one 2-3 years old after someone else has taken the 30-45% depreciation hit can get you a pretty decent car. Personally, I'd still stay away from them as they have admitted to building the cars for the first owner (3-5 years) with parts intentionally designed to only last only as long as the initial warranty period. If I was going German, I'd get another lightly used Panamera. The Genesis G70 and G80 are both really nice cars if you haven't seen them, they're worth a look.
In the last 3 years I've had a Porsche Panamera, a Kia Stinger, and now I have a Tesla Model S.
The S fits perfectly for how I use it, and when I'm not commuting in it, I'm in my GT350, or my 88 GT.
Do you have any insight on reliability on Cadillacs? I'm thinking of going for a new CT4-V Blackwing and I've heard lots of different opinions on how long the car will last me. Would a performance Cadillac get me well over 100k miles? How does the reliability fair against a Lexus?

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Do you have any insight on reliability on Cadillacs? I'm thinking of going for a new CT4-V Blackwing and I've heard lots of different opinions on how long the car will last me. Would a performance Cadillac get me well over 100k miles? How does the reliability fair against a Lexus?
The car has only been out for a year or two.

OP
OP
Albertcado

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
How's the long term reliability on the performance Cadillacs? CTS-V, CT4-V Blackwing, etc...
I'm most likely going to purchase new and want to keep it well over 100k miles.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Would a performance Cadillac get me well over 100k miles?
why is that of any concern? If you want that then you want a modern Asian car. And definitely nothing with a turbo.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
2018+ Camry HELLO??????????

20-30 year lifespan. 36-39MPG. 300HP. HELLO?????????
Had a previous gen camry (nicely spec'd) that I bought new. 20 year lifespan doesn't matter, because after 6 years of driving it you would want to kill yourself from boredom. Covid has put an end to my daily commute needs, and I just jeft it in the garage for a year. Not a single time I had a thought that "hey, it's a beautiful day, why don't I just take my camry out for a nice drive".

It also started giving me transmission problems at 100k miles. Traded in for mustang and I would chose every Ford quality flaw combined with terrible gas bills any day over that driving experience. Don't get me wrong, camry is one of the best commute sedans, it's also one of the worst driver's cars.

I still vote for Genesis G70 3.3T Sport thing that I mentioned earlier. I had a chance to drive a Stinger GT (which is pretty much same car) around a small track, and it was extremely similar to a stock Mustang GT PP1/Magneride in handling and dynamics. It's crazy how close these cars are in performance department. Genesis just has much better exterior and interior compared to Stinger. Reliability and build quality are there. One would also save tons of money versus the germans.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
What about a ‘74 Dodge Monaco? Make sure you get one with a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. You’ll have to wear black and sunglasses at all times though.
Sponsored