The MisfitGT Build

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Hello All. This will be a relatively quick build that I share both on here, reddit, youtube, and tiktok. I'd like to create a journal for myself so I can look back at my build in the future when I no longer own the car. At this time everything has been bought already for the car (that I currently have planned) besides the tires.

Here are some stock photos/vids:

Here is the build list + plans as of [01/18/2023] - I will update this if I add more
Headlight Amber Corner Vinyl Blackout (2018-2023 Mustang) Installed on: 01/19/2023
Rear Bumper Marker Lens Vinyl Tint (2018-2023 Mustang) Installed on: 01/19/2023
MMD V-Series Rear Spoiler; Unpainted (Will get Painted) Installed on: 2/04/2023
Taillights Renegade Series LED Sequential 2015-Euro-Style With Black Housing And Clear Lenses Pair Mustang North American-Spec 2015-2022 Installed on: 01/21/2023
Ford Performance Coyote Style 5.0 Fender Emblems; Black Installed on: 01/19/2023
MMD UPPER AND LOWER GRILLE Installed on: 02/04/2023
MP Concepts Full Replacement Decklid Panel; Gloss Black Installed on: 02/04/2023
Raxiom Axial Series LED Side Marker Lights; Rear; Clear Installed on: 01/21/2023
GT350R Style - Coyote Emblem - Purple (Front) / Installed on: 02/04/2023
Corsa Performance Xtreme Cat-Back Exhaust with Black Tips - Installed on: 01/23/2023
Message BeefCakeRacing for a huge discount ^
F1R Wheels (Bought from Fitment Industries) / Installed on:
Starlight Headliner Installed on: 01/19/2023 by JLE Customs in Houston Texas
Uniden R3 / Installed on: 01/18/2023
Viofo A139 / Installed on:
Ceramic Tint 20% / Installed on: 01/19/2023
Granger Ford Extended Warranty (8 Yr 100k Warranty)

Will post a ton of photos with each install!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
[Update 01/19/2023]
So before I go into what was installed recently, I will state proceed with fair warning. While I do like some of the results of the modifications, I don't like others. I'll put full context after I put the modifications:

Anchor room Headlight Amber Lens Delete (Installed by JLE Customs)
Ceramic Tint (Installed by JLE Customs)
5.0 Blackout (Installed by JLE Customs)
Starlight Headliner (Installed by JLE Customs)
Rear Reflector Blackout (Installed by JLE Customs)
MMD V-Series + Paint (Failed / Installed by JLE Customs (Not))

The Good:
5.0 Blackout (Installed Perfectly)
Rear Reflector Blackout (Installed Perfectly)
Ceramic Tint (Installed Pretty well)

The Not So Good:
The day of I was told that he had forgotten to get Mischievous Paint. Said he'd figure it out. Ended up being unable to mix the paint right, so he was unable to paint my V-Series Spoiler. Alright whatever, he was on a time crunch and it is what is is. He had already uninstalled my factory spoiler however, and so he reinstalled it and still charged me $150. Not only that, but when I got the car back there was a ton of the adhesive from the OEM Spoiler all over the rear trunk. We had to use a compound to get it removed.

The Anchor Room Headlight Amber Lens for some reason was causing him problems, and instead of calling me first he decided to trim them and only install the lens cover. Personally I wouldn't have had him install them if I had known about this.

The Light at the top of the headliner (two lights and the center that tells you the passenger airbag is on or off) is currently lose. Supposedly this is a known situation to happen if you mess with that area at all, however JLE did not let me know of this.

With the starlight headliner, there are a ton of holes (obviously). However, they didn't trim some of the holes and so I have black fuzz just sticking out in some areas (I'll resolve this with scissors when I get home)

The front of the headliner isn't all the way up, so you can actually see into it and see the wiring for the starlight headliner (not a fan of this, and will get it resolved once I get back home by a local shop I trust)

My Radar Detector holder was destroyed. I mentioned it to JLE and he stated that one of the other guys must have taken it apart, and that I should send him the link to it and he'd figure it out. Luckily this is a $41 part, so it isn't the end of the world.

The Wiring for the Starlight Headliner is not set up to cut power when the car is off. If the headliner is set to off it is fine (according to JLE), however I am personally not risking that. Once I get home I'll get a shop to rewire it

Communication between me and JLE was lackluster at best. I attempted to socialize on IG but I was responded to here and there. When I text him, I wouldn't get responses either.

Overall, I would trust JLE for simple tasks, but I don't think I'd ever have him touch my car again.

TLDR: Use JLE at your own risk

Oh and the day I drove my car back from the dealer I had to dodge wood planks and rocks that came flying off of a work truck. I found out today when I cleaned the car it put some rock chips into my passenger door. At the end of the day it is just a car, but I'm a bit butt hurt about it. I'll get that fixed as well at some point. I'll survive, as everything listed above can be fixed.
--
Photos:

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg
IMG_2776.jpg

Video of Starlight:

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Saw you on reddit, haha. You're way more chill about that then I would be, they did hack job work at best. They probably broke the clips on that headliner piece which is why it's loose.

As far as paint chips, get ppf or get used to them. Especially if you upgrade to wide tires. Rockblockz help a lot though.

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Saw you on reddit, haha. You're way more chill about that then I would be, they did hack job work at best. They probably broke the clips on that headliner piece which is why it's loose.

As far as paint chips, get ppf or get used to them. Especially if you upgrade to wide tires. Rockblockz help a lot though.
Honestly things happen. I live 12h away so its not like I'm going to bring it back to him and be like "fix it." I'm actually about to drive back, but these are things he should have noticed. He has high reviews and posts every time he finishes something to the S550 Mustang Group on Facebook for Houston, but hey, social media can be deceiving.

All of the problems can be fixed with money, so it isn't the end of the world. I'll be having a shop hard wiring my dash cam and radar detector when I get home, so while their up there I'm going to see if they can fix it. Worst case scenario I can always replace the whole headliner, but I'd prefer to avoid that. I've been told by another Mustang friend that if you remove the headliner light that it doesn't ever go back to how it was before, as his Mustang has the same issue. So I'm not all that bothered by that one. My biggest complaint is going to be just getting the headliner fixed so it doesn't show in the front and rewiring it. Both which should be possible.

Things happen, its a car. I'd rather be relaxed about it then worked up and hate every time I get in the car you know? I'll get it fixed so we'll be good!

About to head home and then I have several modifications to get done.

Edit: Oh and the paint chip is whatever lol. Its going to happen no matter what. I'll have a ton after driving the 12h home.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wow, sucks to hear he did such a hack job. At least for the most part it’s all correctable. Good choice on the V spoiler, it’s a cool looking spoiler. MP is a tough paint to match, find a good paint shop and they should be able to do it. Tuxedo black would be a cool option too. Looks like you have some good stuff yet to come, can’t wait to see it all!

Sponsored

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
1674226652991.png

There's no excuse for this. That's carelessness with a flathead screwdriver and maybe needle nose pliers. You should be able to fix the gaps between the map light and headliner. Sucks that the incompetent a-holes marred the plastic and creased the headliner.

Drop the map light using plastic tools. Here's how I did it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/boosted-and-interchillin.170024/post-3585808

If the map light is loose or sagging they probably bent the white retainer bracket behind the map light downward while removing it. You can push the bracket mount points back towards the roof using the butt of a hammer then reinstall light. You should also be able to stink some padding behind that crease in the headliner to correct that gap. Good luck!
1674227089595.png

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
The thing that I would absolutely refuse to pay for is the $150 spoiler charge. Their lack of planning caused this and you should not have to pay for their ignorance. You are a much better person than I am.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
Oh man the adventure continues. I hope everything gets resolved once you get it home. It probably just wants to go home is all. Safe travels bud.

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Wow, sucks to hear he did such a hack job. At least for the most part it’s all correctable. Good choice on the V spoiler, it’s a cool looking spoiler. MP is a tough paint to match, find a good paint shop and they should be able to do it. Tuxedo black would be a cool option too. Looks like you have some good stuff yet to come, can’t wait to see it all!
Thanks! I can't wait to get them all installed honestly. I was super impatient today and actually got two installed in 30 degree weather

1674226652991.png

There's no excuse for this. That's carelessness with a flathead screwdriver and maybe needle nose pliers. You should be able to fix the gaps between the map light and headliner. Sucks that the incompetent a-holes marred the plastic and creased the headliner.

Drop the map light using plastic tools. Here's how I did it:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/boosted-and-interchillin.170024/post-3585808

If the map light is loose or sagging they probably bent the white retainer bracket behind the map light downward while removing it. You can push the bracket mount points back towards the roof using the butt of a hammer then reinstall light. You should also be able to stink some padding behind that crease in the headliner to correct that gap. Good luck!
1674227089595.png
I'll have to give this a go when I'm not playing catch up at work. I appreciate your help!

The thing that I would absolutely refuse to pay for is the $150 spoiler charge. Their lack of planning caused this and you should not have to pay for their ignorance. You are a much better person than I am.
Honestly I was worried I wouldn't have gotten my car back if I didn't oblige them, so I just did it. The guy was supposed to call me today and talk about the results and he never did. Big surprise, I'll leave my review for him on Monday and see if that goes anywhere. Honestly, I'm not looking for an outcome. What happened happened, and I am now 12h away and working on fixing it.

Oh man the adventure continues. I hope everything gets resolved once you get it home. It probably just wants to go home is all. Safe travels bud.
Always something am I right?

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
[Update 01/21/2023]

I was super impatient and decided to freeze my butt off installing some mods. Today I installed the
Raxiom Axial Series LED Side Marker Lights; Rear; Clear
&
Taillights Renegade Series LED Sequential 2015-Euro-Style With Black Housing And Clear Lenses Pair Mustang North American-Spec 2015-2022

Installation wise both were relatively easy. The Raxiom Axials you simply have to plug in where the bulb would be on the OEM plug. Simply use force and you can get the oem sidemarkers out (make sure you push it out on the right side (the one with the clip)).

The Taillights were plug and play which was great. The left side was super easy. The right side was a little bit annoying as for some reason there was a metal bar that made it difficult to get the taillight unplugged. Eventually I got it which was a super satisfying moment.

Here are some before and after photos:
1674350719305.png

1674350801386.png

1674350835063.png

1674350867772.png

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Great job! Enjoy the car and put it behind you, amazing how black that MP is. Beautiful!

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Great job! Enjoy the car and put it behind you, amazing how black that MP is. Beautiful!
Thanks bud! The car is mostly a dark purple unless light hits it. In the pure dark its basically black.

[Update 01/22/2023]
Honestly didn't think this even needed a post but I'll add it for now. I took down the broken Radar Detector Holder and my new one arrived today (Click Here for it). Just installed it and will hardwire it once I have time to bring it to the shop.
1674437153973.png

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Update [01/23/2023]
Corsa Extremes (Active & Black Tips) installed. In person it sounds INSANE. 100% worth the money. @beefcake gave me a hella deal for anyone interested.

Sounds great!

OP
OP
MISFITGT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Sounds great!
The thing crackles like crazy in sports mode. I'm very content with my purchase. Still trying to find a local shop willing to paint my MMD V Series Mischievous Purple. The ones I've reached out to are booked till Summer. Trying Ford Dealers now.
Sponsored