Not open for further replies.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Why haven't you bought a winter beater yet? How dare you want to use your car in a climate it's not designed for. SHAME /s
Winter beater. Rain beater. Fog beater. Windy beater. Too-much-sun beater. Looks-like-it-may-rain-soon beater. Sweaty-from-the-gym beater. Picking-up-a-skank beater.

Ah, there you are, garage queen of mine.
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I am mixed on this. I understand the OP's point of view but this forum has a purpose: to promote the hobby and passion of Mustang ownership.

On the other hand, some of the owners are younger and don't have a lot of cash. We often see posts of members about one dealership over another.

It might be rude or questionable to mention a better deal but this forum is free. It reaches a larger audience and the posts for items for sale are free as well.

It might be "rude" to mention a better deal elsewhere, but I do not believe it is unethical.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Although it’s probably obvious, let me clarify:

I have zero problem with people posting about where to get the best deal on things, and agree it’s good to help fellow forum members.

What I have a problem with is doing it within someone else’s classified listing for the same part.

ttillub19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blade
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I agree with your frustration 100%! But, I can see both sides.
What's worst?
You see something priced so low you know it's a scam. Do you point it out to a potential forum member?

Isn't that kinda the same thing? I mean the forum is here to help each other.

What is NOT acceptable!

You have a listing and someone jumps in on your post and explains how THEY have the exact same thing and will sell it for this amount or that amount! List in your own damn post!

If you know another vendor is selling the same item cheaper, chances are, you're over priced. It might be frustrating that others are pointing out similar items cheaper, but yea, I'd want someone to let me know if could save a few! Just something to consider and you won't have this problem!

Prefo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 and 2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
OK so this is basically a combination of venting some frustration, and a request for some common courtesy.

I posted a set of Mach 1 wheels and tires in the classifieds. Someone posted in my thread that the wheels could be purchased for a low price from a certain seller, whereupon another member posted thanks, he purchased from the other seller. This is like walking into McDonalds and telling customers they can buy hamburgers cheaper at Burger King. If you feel the need to do everyone’s shopping for them, that’s one thing, but to do it right in my thread, that’s just effing rude. He and I have privately cleared the air though.

So I deleted everything I could and started a new thread, and damned if someone else didn’t do the same thing! But this person deleted their post and apologized, good guy.
uncool dude. glad everything got cleared up.

Sponsored

Deleted member 56911

100%. And might I add……….

There are no rights on the Internet, period……..But there are plenty of wrongs and this is one of them. Mike has every “right” to be pissed.
It’s wrong to tell someone that there’s a better price??? Since when??? These people were being helpful to the buyer. It’s only natural for the seller to be upset but some consumers help each other out. The fact that he’s asking if there’s something wrong with these people shows that he’s not looking at things from the buyer’s point of view.

Deleted member 56911

I am mixed on this. I understand the OP's point of view but this forum has a purpose: to promote the hobby and passion of Mustang ownership.

On the other hand, some of the owners are younger and don't have a lot of cash. We often see posts of members about one dealership over another.

It might be rude or questionable to mention a better deal but this forum is free. It reaches a larger audience and the posts for items for sale are free as well.

It might be "rude" to mention a better deal elsewhere, but I do not believe it is unethical.
It’s never rude to help someone. Most consumers will help each other out because it’s what good people do.

Deleted member 56911

Everyone is free to ask whatever price they want for goods they sell. If you want to buy it, then sure you can negotiate, but otherwise I agree with OP, it's just rude to do such stuff in his thread. He wasn't asking for opinions or debate.

Try walking into somebody's private business and start telling the customers that there is a cheaper one behind the corner, see what happens next)))
If I’m at a store and I see that the prices are too high it will be discussed with anyone who’s willing to listen. If I know of a store with lower prices for the same items, it will be mentioned. There’s nothing rude about this. As consumers this is what we do. There’s something wrong with the poster if he can’t see this.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
It’s wrong to tell someone that there’s a better price??? Since when??? These people were being helpful to the buyer. It’s only natural for the seller to be upset but some consumers help each other out. The fact that he’s asking if there’s something wrong with these people shows that he’s not looking at things from the buyer’s point of view.
If I’m at a store and I see that the prices are too high it will be discussed with anyone who’s willing to listen. If I know of a store with lower prices for the same items, it will be mentioned. There’s nothing rude about this. As consumers this is what we do. There’s something wrong with the poster if he can’t see this.

I have zero problem with people posting about where to get the best deal on things, and agree it’s good to help fellow forum members.

What I have a problem with is doing it within someone else’s classified listing for the same part.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Personally
Sometimes in life, because you can doesn’t always mean you should. When you tell someone that they’re dragging toilet paper on their shoes it’s a good thing. When you put it in the newspaper and advertise them doing it, suddenly the appeal changes and it doesn’t seem like such a good idea anymore. It’s these little nuances that make Internet forums a little different than “real life”. I don’t think anyone intends to be rude, it’s just different here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Deleted member 56911

It’s what consumers do. If someone lists a GT500 with a $15k markup, someone will undoubtedly mention that they saw another GT500 with a lower markup. Most people that I know will prefer to help the buyer as opposed to helping the seller. This is a forum where people get to comment on anything that they want. The administrators have a right to restrict the comments anyway they choose. Nevertheless if the administrators aren’t restricting conversations the way the poster wants them to then the poster has to expect people to help each other out.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It’s what consumers do. If someone lists a GT500 with a $15k markup, someone will undoubtedly mention that they saw another GT500 with a lower markup. Most people that I know will prefer to help the buyer as opposed to helping the seller. This is a forum where people get to comment on anything that they want. The administrators have a right to restrict the comments anyway they choose. Nevertheless if the administrators aren’t restricting conversations the way the poster wants them to then the poster has to expect people to help each other out.
The problem is, sometimes while you think you’re helping one person you may be hurting another. As a human being, what was your net gain? Maybe that person has a “mint” doohickey and the doohickey you want to inform them of has flaws that the doohickey buyer would loathe. Now, you’ve interjected your bargain doohickey to an ongoing discussion and in the process, the seller received another offer, which was accepted, ruining the doohickey aficionado’s chances of getting the initially offered mint one. Like all things, two sides to every story. Don’t play around with peoples doohickeys unless it’s you’re own. 😂

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Is it rude to price match with other stores? Does CJ pony parts get upset with Google Because American muscle has the same parts but cheaper?

Deleted member 56911

The problem is, sometimes while you think you’re helping one person you may be hurting another. As a human being, what was your net gain? Maybe that person has a “mint” doohickey and the doohickey you want to inform them of has flaws that the doohickey buyer would loathe. Now, you’ve interjected your bargain doohickey to an ongoing discussion and in the process, the seller received another offer ruining the doohickey aficionado’s chances of getting the initially offered mint one.
That could be true. It’s up to the buyer to do his own research. The other individual is just supplying him or her with information that he just happened to have.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I'm tired of seeing people screw other people. I don't care if they research the price or just give you undying trust in hopes your not screwing them. Are you by chance reseller or car salesman. Just Scum with a lower approval rating than Congress. Carma friend, Carma. It will be will come your way.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.