lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
^^^
How bout rather than speculate. U tell us.
Well....
tell me , as icant speak for anyone else..
what is Ur idea of production month/year thar separated gen 1 & gen 2. If u dont hav that date.
Then a model year will suffice.
For us dumbazz's that do not know what month/yr of production separated this imaginary boundary.
Thx
Regards
You may search internet or this forum for the question above. But short answer is: The Gen 2 5.2 changes have started with MY2019 GT350 (Voodoo) Production.
Here's some info that will answer your question and more:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-voodoo-changes.124665/
Also the gen2 Voodoo engine can be identify by label under coil cover and it's look like pic from my gen2 2019 engine:
IMG_0274.jpg
Sponsored

Huck FInn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2nd Engine
My original engine failed June 19 at 1,891 miles. I got the car back with a new engine July 9 and yesterday, July 13, the 2nd engine failed at about 250 miles. Engine one failed while the car was parked and the engine was idling. Engine 2 failed while going down the freeway, three hours out from home.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
My original engine failed June 19 at 1,891 miles. I got the car back with a new engine July 9 and yesterday, July 13, the 2nd engine failed at about 250 miles. Engine one failed while the car was parked and the engine was idling. Engine 2 failed while going down the freeway, three hours out from home.
I heard people here say that whenever you put a new engine in the car doesnt run the same as it did before. Is this true?

Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
This is not a poll of GT350 owners, its a poll of guys posting here. There is an article on this subject that hunted down every report of engine failure they could find. They got well under .5%. Yes, less than one half of one percent

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is not a poll of GT350 owners, its a poll of guys posting here. There is an article on this subject that hunted down every report of engine failure they could find. They got well under .5%. Yes, less than one half of one percent
And it also only looks at people who posted in public/private forums. They then compared their findings with every car produced instead of the unique vehicles they sourced data on. While they spent a lot of time collecting data, it is no more accurate/inaccurate than this one may be. If you don't want to vote, simply don't.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully the experience was uneventful. One of my biggest fears is having the engine seize at highway speeds and not being able to hit the clutch before I tap another vehicle or a barrier.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
And it also only looks at people who posted in public/private forums. They then compared their findings with every car produced instead of the unique vehicles they sourced data on. While they spent a lot of time collecting data, it is no more accurate/inaccurate than this one may be. If you don't want to vote, simply don't.
Based on your above response what makes you think that your thread will result with much more reliable information than many others that have attempted this same scenario many times before you?

There is no doubt that there have been many unfortunate FPC engine failures over the last 6 production years but do you really think that many of the GT350/R owners that were very negligent with respect to their engine failures will actually weigh in on your posted thread?

I know first hand that there were many negligent owners of the GT350/R's of which they had no idea what they were dealing with when it came to proper break in procedures, modifications, diligence with respect to maintenance, etc. regarding these high strung FPC engines.

I am not here to suggest that the Romeo Niche engine plant has been perfect but we need to keep in mind that if we consider the total overall production numbers of FPC engines over the last 6 years in relation to the total number of engine failures over that same time period that it results in a very small percentage of engine failures based on the big picture.

I have a good idea of how many GT350/R's will have been produced over the 6 model years and just wondering after your research and thread do you have a good idea of how many overall legitimate engine failures that we are looking at?

:sunglasses:

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Based on your above response what makes you think that your thread will result with much more reliable information than many others that have attempted this same scenario many times before you?

There is no doubt that there have been many unfortunate FPC engine failures over the last 6 production years but do you really think that many of the GT350/R owners that were very negligent with respect to their engine failures will actually weigh in on your posted thread?

I know first hand that there were many negligent owners of the GT350/R's of which they had no idea what they were dealing with when it came to proper break in procedures, modifications, diligence with respect to maintenance, etc. regarding these high strung FPC engines.

I am not here to suggest that the Romeo Niche engine plant has been perfect but we need to keep in mind that if we consider the total overall production numbers of FPC engines over the last 6 years in relation to the total number of engine failures over that same time period that it results in a very small percentage of engine failures based on the big picture.

I have a good idea of how many GT350/R's will have been produced over the 6 model years and just wondering after your research and thread do you have a good idea of how many overall legitimate engine failures that we are looking at?

What research? I viewed the site that was linked and this post. I'm not sure what you're reading into that suggests I'm after some exact figure. I'm curious what the GT350s owners of this site have experienced; nothing less, nothing more. Because I own a Gen 2, I'm obviously more concerned with those failures and especially those related to valvetrain issues since that is what happened to mine. To include everyone, I opened it up to everyone and they can post however they want. Again, if you don't like it, don't participate. It is a poll on a webforum.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I no longer have a dog in this fight, but you guys referencing the overrun article realize they didn’t include engine replacements for oil consumption, right? To me, that’s borderline tricky/sneaky. I’d venture to guess those of us who’ve seen so many, are not culling those and maybe that is why we think it’s more prevalent than others. Anyway, i hope you guys have luck with what ya got...because the replacement process is a PITA.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What research? I viewed the site that was linked and this post. I'm not sure what you're reading into that suggests I'm after some exact figure. I'm curious what the GT350s owners of this site have experienced; nothing less, nothing more. Because I own a Gen 2, I'm obviously more concerned with those failures and especially those related to valvetrain issues since that is what happened to mine. To include everyone, I opened it up to everyone and they can post however they want. Again, if you don't like it, don't participate. It is a poll on a webforum.
It is very simple as this issue has been dealt with numerous times before and here you are just going down the same path as many others before you with those posts pretty much self explanatory.

Have you had a problem with your Gen 2 FPC engine and if not are you paranoid about something going wrong with your Gen 2 engine down the road?

I suggest that you take a look at the overall production numbers compared to the overall engine failures and after looking at all of the data provided I have a hard time understanding your concerns based on the numbers?

Based on your earlier post and opening it up to everyone and suggesting that we can post whatever we want I am very surprised at your very immature response as I was just providing some feedback to you and other members and sorry that I struck a nerve.

:)

Last edited:

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
In my unscientific calculation there will be 25-26K GT350/R produced over 6 years period. So if total number of produced cars known and given that number of votes who's engine failed more accurate than who's not, we can come to close percentage of failed engines in respect to total cars produced. This is just my thoughts. The only my concern that someone who'll look at this poll will be paranoid in respect to failed engines percentage not knowing overall production of GT350s.

OP
OP
madweazl

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It is very simple as this issue has been dealt with numerous times before and here you are just going down the same path as many others before you with those posts pretty much self explanatory.

Have you had a problem with your Gen 2 FPC engine and if not are you paranoid about something going wrong with your Gen 2 engine down the road?

I suggest that you take a look at the overall production numbers compared to the overall engine failures and after looking at all of the data provided I have a hard time understanding your concerns based on the numbers?

Based on your earlier post and opening it up to everyone and suggesting that we can post whatever we want I am very surprised at your very immature response as I was just providing some feedback to you and other members and sorry that I struck a nerve.

:)
Do you know the overall failure numbers? If so, post them up and put it to rest.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Do you know the overall failure numbers? If so, post them up and put it to rest.
You are the person who originally posted this thread asking for various categories of possible engine failure rates therefore will leave those failure engine numbers up to you and your subsequent poll.

I am only suggesting that once that you come up with some confirmed engine failures compared to the final production numbers over the last 6 MY's that the numbers will speak for themselves.

Again, are you paranoid and concerned about your 2019 Gen 2 FPC engine not being viable down the road?

Sponsored