What did you use your Ford Points for?

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
You can earn ford pass points with the ford credit card. I’m racking them up.
Sponsored

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reminder😎 Who doesn't like free stuff? Is there a conversion factor for points to dollars? another tip; my salesman went back through several years and found a bunch of points I had no idea were there, from a few previous vehicles. All we needed was a password and user I'd I must have created years ago. Between the 'buy' and the old points I ended up with about 46000 points.
The math I have been using and seems pretty accurate is 1 point = $0.005.
I started with 42000 points which was $210.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I used mine for an alignment after I did the rear subframe alignment kit from Steeda. I asked them not to touch the front and just do the rear. I got the car back and the front is out of alignment… 🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I'm curious how y'all used your points from the buy. Kind of a new concept for me to see Ford offer. Since we had points from buying both my wife's Exploder ST and the Mach 1, it paid for the oil catch can system and install in the Mach.
I would definitely use them for the extended warranty on that Exploder…

Sponsored

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I had enough Ford Pass points from buying my wife's 21 GT convertible and my 21 Mach 1, along with previous points for maintenance on my F-150, as well as a bunch of Lincoln points, to buy an oil catch can, trunk mats for both Mustangs, and all weather floor mats for my Mach 1. $576 from local dealer with no cost to me, and I still have some Lincoln points left over.

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
Great news, I needed a new battery for my Ford Flex. Originally was thinking of AutoZone then I realized I could try a Ford dealer with my points. Ended up with a free battery and I still have more points to use. So glad I didn't waste $160 at AutoZone!!

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
So for anyone who does not know it is really simple to get your points.
You have to download and install the FordPass app and attach your vehicle vin and get it connected to the car.

NOTE: Make sure all the information you put in (email/name/address etc) is all the same at the dealer where the vehicle was purchased. After that should be fairly quick and then on top of this you should get points for any services you had done where parts were purchased. As long as they are ford parts anyway.

Quick extra tip to anyone who frequently buys lots of ford parts from a dealer. Before you just purchase parts have someone in service right up an RO/ticket for you and have the parts billed onto it before buying them. This way you can accumulate points (no shop labor needed to get these points by the way) for purchasing these parts. If you do not buy them via the way I just said to you will not accumulate any points otherwise as they have a goofy system set up where it has to be attached to an RO for them to see you actually spending money on their parts.

hope this helps
...ah yea.
My salesman asked me about this. I told him no that I
wasn't interested in FordPass or having my car connected
to anything.............................................:like:

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
...ah yea.
My salesman asked me about this. I told him no that I
wasn't interested in FordPass or having my car connected
to anything.............................................:like:
How come? Just curious
Its actually super handy. Will give you last location of your vehicle since last start. Let’s you lock/unlock/start(if A10) from anywhere you and the car have some kind of signal. You can see last recorded tire pressure, fuel reading, oil life, and also sends you messages about apparently what I learned today if the car sits to long and it goes into a deep sleep state or something it was called, as well as any messages if you get any warning lights that aren’t supposed to be on.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I used mine for an alignment after I did the rear subframe alignment kit from Steeda. I asked them not to touch the front and just do the rear. I got the car back and the front is out of alignment… 🤦🏼‍♂️
The service advisor you dealt with should've told you that the front alignment is actually set based on the rear alignment so if they change the rear they have to change the front to match.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
How come? Just curious
Its actually super handy. Will give you last location of your vehicle since last start. Let’s you lock/unlock/start(if A10) from anywhere you and the car have some kind of signal. You can see last recorded tire pressure, fuel reading, oil life, and also sends you messages about apparently what I learned today if the car sits to long and it goes into a deep sleep state or something it was called, as well as any messages if you get any warning lights that aren’t supposed to be on.
...I don't like someone keeping up with me. When I had the Camaro and then the
Challenger, I was getting notifications constantly. Usually on my PC.
As a matter of fact, last fall I got a notification that my Challenger was stolen in MO.
I live in NC and I haven't owned the car since January of last year.
Mostly, new cars don't break down, especially sitting.
Besides, I take care of the car so, it is mostly in my downstairs................ :thumbsup:
Sponsored