Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
3yr service today... Told them about 10x not to wash it, bet they wash it....
Thats what I have for mine :

1627722522598.jpeg

Says the same in bold text on the other side. This is how I left it for warranty work :

1627722588919.png

After ensuring the service advisor wrote the instruction on the paperwork.

It’s worked for nine years on my other car, let’s hope it also works at Ford … :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

MuddyFunster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi all,

Had a discussion with Mrs Funster regarding red rear lights the other day, because I felt it matched the current aesthetic - Red callipers, red dot in the 5.0Ltr badge, red rear side reflectors.

The jury was out, so as a tester, I ordered the tint kit from Nemesis:
Tail Light Tint Kit

Went from this:

20210731_111120.jpg

To this:

20210731_135629.jpg

She likes it, I like it.... harmony restored... apparently, it was her idea all along...
Next on the list is the GT carbuncle delete, with a black GT badge...

Phil

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
3yr service today... Told them about 10x not to wash it, bet they wash it....
Question is, did they do it poorly enough to install any scratches/marring in the finish?

If yes, i’d be billing them for a detailer to correct the paint!

Long story, but when Ford had mine for a warranty issue back in 2018, I wouldn’t let them wash it - for obvious reasons, it was filthy. Someone thought it would be funny to draw a penis in the dirt, so naturally i kicked off! Cost them a tidy £400 or so to have it polished at a detailer of my choice

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Question is, did they do it poorly enough to install any scratches/marring in the finish?

If yes, i’d be billing them for a detailer to correct the paint!

Long story, but when Ford had mine for a warranty issue back in 2018, I wouldn’t let them wash it - for obvious reasons, it was filthy. Someone thought it would be funny to draw a penis in the dirt, so naturally i kicked off! Cost them a tidy £400 or so to have it polished at a detailer of my choice
Good news, they didn't wash it!

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Thats what I have for mine :

1627722522598.jpeg

Says the same in bold text on the other side. This is how I left it for warranty work :

1627722588919.png

After ensuring the service advisor wrote the instruction on the paperwork.

It’s worked for nine years on my other car, let’s hope it also works at Ford … :like:

Hay @WD Pro love it do you think you could post a picture of your do no wash label so I can print and laminate myself....please. I am always telling the dealer not to wash my car, this doesn't always work though

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hay @WD Pro love it do you think you could post a picture of your do no wash label so I can print and laminate myself....please. I am always telling the dealer not to wash my car, this doesn't always work though
Does this help :

1627850925700.jpeg

It’s printed on a tough flexible plastic.

Let us know if you need anything more :like:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Added some stick on carbon wing mirror covers :cwl:... Fit fairly well, See how they hold up.

20210813_094149.jpg

Sponsored

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
They look great, any chance you can show the fit from the top/other side?
Yeah sure, the passenger side fits really well tbf, but it the divers side doesn't line up as quite as well unfortunately (unless it's just my applying skills aha) but still OK really, I need to stick the corner down a bit better. I originally had my mirrors wrapped black so stuck these to the wrap as not to apply it directly to my paint.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNAwB8f

20210813_194012.jpg

20210813_194055.jpg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
parked in a multi-storey, on a different floor from everyone else in a second last space in the row beside the roadway. There are four rows on this level in the car park, I was in row three second space in. Came back to the car ooo 30 minutes later and yup some fck nugget had parked next to me. There was my car and their car on that level of the car park. Must have been over a hundred spaces but no they had to park next to me on the end of the row space. Some folks should not have a license to drive. Or be allowed to leave the house.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Yeah sure, the passenger side fits really well tbf, but it the divers side doesn't line up as quite as well unfortunately (unless it's just my applying skills aha) but still OK really, I need to stick the corner down a bit better. I originally had my mirrors wrapped black so stuck these to the wrap as not to apply it directly to my paint.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNAwB8f
DA6CA6E2-23B4-4F32-A94C-3E2A04EF7C21.jpeg

I had these fitted to my last Mustang but the main issue was the sharp protruding corner of the cover was forever getting snagged on the drying towel or clothes if you happen to brush past the car. The cover kept getting pulled off the mirror.

The cover also distorted in the heat in the end making the exposed corner stick out even more !

I then made my own carbon skinned covers (I’ve done a write up on here on how to do it) which came out well but the sun faded the resin coating in time and they went yellow and lost the gloss.

So I ended up getting a set of ‘proper’ carbon fibre covers off AliExpress in the end which were brilliant quality and still look perfect now fitted.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
parked in a multi-storey, on a different floor from everyone else in a second last space in the row beside the roadway. There are four rows on this level in the car park, I was in row three second space in. Came back to the car ooo 30 minutes later and yup some fck nugget had parked next to me. There was my car and their car on that level of the car park. Must have been over a hundred spaces but no they had to park next to me on the end of the row space. Some folks should not have a license to drive. Or be allowed to leave the house.
Had this happen to me at weekend 10 spaces either side all clear.... Parks next to ME... REALLY?!

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Had this happen to me at weekend 10 spaces either side all clear.... Parks next to ME... REALLY?!
it's very vexing indeed. I took my rage out on the front hedge which was up til that point overgrowing the drive into the garage. I still have all my fingers and now the hedge is shorter and slimmer (unlike me :crackup: )
Sponsored