What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Started cleaning up the front wheel arches
Nice! I need to do this. As well as a deep clean of the wheels + coating.

Considering fitting jacking rails first though to make it a little easier, and do both wheels on one side at a time.

EDIT: just realised you took the lining off - is that easy enough? Did you clean/coat the lining too? Mine is covered in all sorts - mud, tar, stones stuck to it lol

Last edited:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I need to do this. As well as a deep clean of the wheels + coating.

Considering fitting jacking rails first though to make it a little easier, and do both wheels on one side at a time.

EDIT: just realised you took the lining off - is that easy enough? Did you clean/coat the lining too? Mine is covered in all sorts - mud, tar, stones stuck to it lol
I took the liner off, it's only held in with plastic clips - the liners were one of the parts I was trying to source last week, as mine are worn out and covered in underseal.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I took the liner off, it's only held in with plastic clips - the liners were one of the parts I was trying to source last week, as mine are worn out and covered in underseal.
Ahh ok. I vaguely remember coming across these on ebay when I was searching, probably from the USA though.

Did you manage to get some?

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh ok. I vaguely remember coming across these on ebay when I was searching, probably from the USA though.

Did you manage to get some?
If you look on the stores such as AM, CJPP, LMR etc they sell some OEM parts and are labelled more simply, such as fits 2015-2017 GT PP.

I've got a few parts on order, won't know if they're correct until they arrive 😫

Sponsored

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I had these fitted to my last Mustang but the main issue was the sharp protruding corner of the cover was forever getting snagged on the drying towel or clothes if you happen to brush past the car. The cover kept getting pulled off the mirror.

The cover also distorted in the heat in the end making the exposed corner stick out even more !

I then made my own carbon skinned covers (I’ve done a write up on here on how to do it) which came out well but the sun faded the resin coating in time and they went yellow and lost the gloss.

So I ended up getting a set of ‘proper’ carbon fibre covers off AliExpress in the end which were brilliant quality and still look perfect now fitted.
The passenger side is ok and sits nicely but the drivers side has that issue, I'm going to see if I can stick it down with anything else first Aslong as it still looks neat.

Do you have the link for the full mirror caps in case I have any issues?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I plan to change my brake fluid tomorrow, it's currently showing 4% moisture and on the limit. Got my self a power bleeder

20210820_124549.jpg
Nice. I have the exact same bleeder and plan on doing mine this week as well. How many litres of new fluid have you allowed for to complete the flush. I have 2 litres.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Today i was reminded why I don’t clean the interior often.

All interior surfaces cleaned and dressed. Hoovered. Inside glass cleaned

All exterior glass cleaned and clayed, windscreen polished and all glass sealed.

Was at it for a good 4 hours!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There's a birch tree over the back of my house and the seeds get everywhere, it's a losing battle keeping mine clean 😞
I feel your pain. I used to park by a bunch of pine trees and was forever picking out the fallen leaves from all the crevices - they got everywhere! Worse than that, the tree sap seemed to dust the car every so often, smeared across the windscreen when I turned the wipers on 😤

Moved to a new flat this year and made sure to find a place with covered parking, which wasn't easy believe me!

IMG_3623.jpg
Sponsored