Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Nice. Been wanting to go since the 1st.....no more excuses.
The one thing I remember is every am you have the driver's meeting. And then everyone jumps in their cars and hauls ass (initially) to the next stop. Well out on the interstate they will get almost bumper to bumper so inevitably when someone not on the tour cuts in and someone hits the brakes, it becomes a chain reaction...I've seen a couple of cars go off in the grass median. After the first time I got caught up in it, I learned to just hang back and leave plenty of space.

You'll see what I mean when you go...it's just bc everyone is so hyped up...But it's an awesome time!

We took my 1990 GT, I had the motor rebuilt and it wasn't even broken in...like less than 300 miles on it when we headed out!
20230115_211943.jpg
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The one thing I remember is every am you have the driver's meeting. And then everyone jumps in their cars and hauls ass (initially) to the next stop. Well out on the interstate they will get almost bumper to bumper so inevitably when someone not on the tour cuts in and someone hits the brakes, it becomes a chain reaction...I've seen a couple of cars go off in the grass median. After the first time I got caught up in it, I learned to just hang back and leave plenty of space.

You'll see what I mean when you go...it's just bc everyone is so hyped up...But it's an awesome time!

We took my 1990 GT, I had the motor rebuilt and it wasn't even broken in...like less than 300 miles on it when we headed out!
20230115_211943.jpg

Driving 75 you should have been an expert driver of the rubber band traffic effect.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Today I:
-finished leather center console with facelift silver stitching design, same on side console covers;
-removed center speaker and made a custom leather cover without "hole" for the speaker",
-assembled the A and C pillars on same fabric as the headliner and done a new tweeter cover (metal with Chrome ring), and assembled all the parts:

IMG_20230114_173910.jpg

IMG_20230114_173028.jpg

IMG_20230114_173847.jpg

IMG_20230114_172805.jpg

IMG_20230114_172707.jpg

IMG_20230114_172543.jpg

IMG_20230113_220233.jpg

IMG_20230113_221049.jpg
Yeah uh, you opening up upholstery shop so all of us can send you our bits to improve?

I'm not sure if it's the pics, but the leather looks like the high quality ones they put quilted themes into, even the premium trim still has not great leather.
Even comparing my 2019 Bullitt to wife's 2017 F150 Platinum, that shit is on another level (and still not as nice as yours). - Edit - by "that shit" I meant that the interior of the F150 Platinum is on another level over the "Premium" in the Bullitt and even then it doesn't look as nice as OP's.

Throw in green Bullitt stitching and I'll empty my bank account.

Last edited:

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Went out to the barn, lifted the Mustangs cover, let her know we are going on the 2023 Hot Rod Power Tour.
Tix & Hotel rooms set, only 147 days to go.
It's a riot. You'll be glad you went. There will be lines but it is all worth it. I went 4 times with my son, the last three times included my dad. Priceless memories.

jcosta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JoĂŁo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6g
first of all - thank you all for your comments! I shared because I know I'm in the place where we all share the love for changes and improvements, and you can always give ideas to someone who wants to do the same.

Can you tell me more about this? Did you make this cover or was it made for you? Was this originally a B&O grille that was covered?
Hi, sure, I made this grill from the standard one, it wasn't the B&O version (that I like more). The work done was to smooth the surface with fiber, eliminating the slats, then it was covered with leather.
Since I eliminated the center column, I didn't feel the need to keep the hole and wanted to give the upper part a more premium look.

Yeah uh, you opening up upholstery shop so all of us can send you our bits to improve?

I'm not sure if it's the pics, but the leather looks like the high quality ones they put quilted themes into, even the premium trim still has not great leather.
Even comparing my 2019 Bullitt to wife's 2017 F150 Platinum, that shit is on another level (and still not as nice as yours).

Throw in green Bullitt stitching and I'll empty my bank account.
Thank you very much for your words, but I don't have upholstery training, I'm product designer. Pillars A and C were made 100% by me because they don't need stitching, the rest of the work was done with the help of an upholsterer friend of mine, he does the stitching on his machine, and I apply the leather on the pieces. But I believe that there are upholsterers in your area with quality, capable of making these pieces, especially because on the center console I just did the same design of the facelift version..

But you're right about the leather. I used genuine leather, the highest quality that was in stock, although it is a little thick and difficult to work with. Those who pay more attention will notice that I cut out the handbrake area just like the facelift version, that cutout makes the job a lot easier, making the two parts separately. It's my advice if anyone wants to do the same.

Outstanding work!!!! as requested can you provide any details on the speaker replacement panel and would you considers making this item for sale?
Thank you so much. I have no intention of having a business in this area, but the pillar is easily covered with fabric by someone with interest for this kind of work. Just apply the glue only to the back of the pillar, apply the fabric and stretch it to the opposite side, gluing it there again. if you fail, just try again :)
About the tweeter cover itself, I bought universal ones, the ideal outer diameter is 43mm, applied with glue on place. It works fine.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
first of all - thank you all for your comments! I shared because I know I'm in the place where we all share the love for changes and improvements, and you can always give ideas to someone who wants to do the same.

Hi, sure, I made this grill from the standard one, it wasn't the B&O version (that I like more). The work done was to smooth the surface with fiber, eliminating the slats, then it was covered with leather.
Since I eliminated the center column, I didn't feel the need to keep the hole and wanted to give the upper part a more premium look.

Thank you very much for your words, but I don't have upholstery training, I'm product designer. Pillars A and C were made 100% by me because they don't need stitching, the rest of the work was done with the help of an upholsterer friend of mine, he does the stitching on his machine, and I apply the leather on the pieces. But I believe that there are upholsterers in your area with quality, capable of making these pieces, especially because on the center console I just did the same design of the facelift version..

But you're right about the leather. I used genuine leather, the highest quality that was in stock, although it is a little thick and difficult to work with. Those who pay more attention will notice that I cut out the handbrake area just like the facelift version, that cutout makes the job a lot easier, making the two parts separately. It's my advice if anyone wants to do the same.

Thank you so much. I have no intention of having a business in this area, but the pillar is easily covered with fabric by someone with interest for this kind of work. Just apply the glue only to the back of the pillar, apply the fabric and stretch it to the opposite side, gluing it there again. if you fail, just try again :)
About the tweeter cover itself, I bought universal ones, the ideal outer diameter is 43mm, applied with glue on place. It works fine.

I like this very much, and what I like about it is. You are an example of someone who has an idea. Collects the materials, farming out the stitching, cause no need to buy the machine.

Installing the same, custom fitting altogether, and in the end, a custom one-of-a-kind change to the car.

You are what the true car enthusiast is, with a concept, engineering it, building, and installing same.

There are car decorators, checkbooks in hand, going to the car show, strutting around, legends in their own minds. The best they can say is where they bought it, and no they did not do the work ......... boring !!

Very well done, so much more personal & inner reward gained. :champagne: :thumbsup:

Time well spent, and it all fits the finish looks factory, killer!!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Thank you for this info! You have an eye for good design. I never would have thought to cover this grille piece with leather. Your work looks like it came from the factory. If you're upholstery guy wants to make some extra money, I'm sure there are many members here, myself included that would buy his covers. Ask him if he would consider. I'm looking to do mine with red stitching. The OEM center console parts are so expensive and hard to find. All I really need are covers. I have seen the ones on ebay but they are not as nice.
One more question... did you cut out the piece that goes under the hand brake and then re-use it? Did you support it underneath with some brace or is this piece on fabricated and wrapped then applied on top?

jcosta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JoĂŁo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6g
I like this very much, and what I like about it is. You are an example of someone who has an idea. Collects the materials, farming out the stitching, cause no need to buy the machine.

You are what the true car enthusiast is, with a concept, engineering it, building, and installing same.
I have to thank you for your comment, which makes me happy to see that there are still people who see the world of car upgrades as I do, a constant sharing and learning, no rewards needed, just the satisfaction of see something real, created by us and that was born just from an idea when we woke up.
Thanks for your words!

Thank you for this info! You have an eye for good design. I never would have thought to cover this grille piece with leather. Your work looks like it came from the factory. If you're upholstery guy wants to make some extra money, I'm sure there are many members here, myself included that would buy his covers. Ask him if he would consider. I'm looking to do mine with red stitching. The OEM center console parts are so expensive and hard to find. All I really need are covers. I have seen the ones on ebay but they are not as nice.
One more question... did you cut out the piece that goes under the hand brake and then re-use it? Did you support it underneath with some brace or is this piece on fabricated and wrapped then applied on top?
Thank you very much for your words, but it's just like I said before, we are not interested in starting a business, mainly because we are in Europe, and especially in my country there is not much market for Mustangs. I really believe that there are upholsterers who do this without difficulty at your area for low cost, just show the photos and deliver the piece (but first the surface must be smoothed so the grooves are not noticeable)
But thanks for the idea!

About the handbrake part, exactly as you say, I cut out that area, the part was upholstered and reused. It's important to make the cutout on the inside of the mounting clip, when you see the console underneath you'll understand what I'm saying (to keep the mounting clip) . When you cut the plastic you are eliminating about 3/4mm of material, but that gap will be useful for the thickness of the leather of the both parts, and it ends up fitting perfectly. For the new placement I used fiberglass with resin on the back, to glue and reinforce the area, it is very resistant, works great.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have to thank you for your comment, which makes me happy to see that there are still people who see the world of car upgrades as I do, a constant sharing and learning, no rewards needed, just the satisfaction of see something real, created by us and that was born just from an idea when we woke up.
Thanks for your words!

Thank you very much for your words, but it's just like I said before, we are not interested in starting a business, mainly because we are in Europe, and especially in my country there is not much market for Mustangs. I really believe that there are upholsterers who do this without difficulty at your area for low cost, just show the photos and deliver the piece (but first the surface must be smoothed so the grooves are not noticeable)
But thanks for the idea!

About the handbrake part, exactly as you say, I cut out that area, the part was upholstered and reused. It's important to make the cutout on the inside of the mounting clip, when you see the console underneath you'll understand what I'm saying (to keep the mounting clip) . When you cut the plastic you are eliminating about 3/4mm of material, but that gap will be useful for the thickness of the leather of the both parts, and it ends up fitting perfectly. For the new placement I used fiberglass with resin on the back, to glue and reinforce the area, it is very resistant, works great.
Not a problem. I will contact a few upholstery places and see what they say.

Again, thanks for the info!

Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Truck back in shop...so have a new temp home...
IMG_2938.JPG

Todd Turbo S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 1997 Porsche Turbo Raptor G63 Tesla CLK BS
thank you all, I dont want to "steel" the topic for these modification, but here is the resume :)

-The parts i bought for mercedes w205, there are online "cheap" upgrade kits for this car, i used only the 3 central vents. Anyone who is ok with diy work will be able to do it without any problems, only the mercedes part (center) is changed, everything else on the air vent housing is the mustang oem part without changes, as you can see in the photo bellow.
For those who don't want to do these, there are mustang specific kits online with a similar design, not quite the same, but very similar (I posted the link on the previous page)

BTW, today I did a small upgrade, I added a silver contour line to the oem handbrake, something very simple to do, there are videos on youtube, for those who are interested just search for "add deviated stitching". (Its the oem leather with black stitching, just adding the silver stitching manually)

IMG_20230111_160617.jpg

IMG_20230112_122840.jpg
Looks good. Did you have to remove the entire trim piece that the vents sit in or can the vents be pulled straight out from the center trim piece?