Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
yeah but that's hardly "proof" of it not being a problem. For something as flimsy clamps I don't see people bothering to make a federal case of it since it's $25 for good ones. To be fair I took one look at the clamps that came with the H pipe and threw them straight into the trash. So I can't say I tried them and found them wanting or satisfactory.

Torca is a brand name but like Kleenex now substitutes for the generic product.
https://www.normaamericasds.com/product/torca-accuseal-exhaust-clamp
The proof we have seen is ... cars that are in the Steeda fleet run this H-Pipe, Steeda Performance Vehicles run this H-Pipe & all have used the existing clamps. Many of our customers that are local to Valdosta & do installs at our facilities aren't seeing problems.

If a customer is unhappy or thinks there is an issue, they will contact us. This hasn't been the case.

With that being said, I will provide your feedback & concerns to our internal departments for review - we appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From day one the issue I had was getting the twin tips to stay level. The outer ones always wanted to sag. I had the same problem on my 2018. After I've climbed under the car, straightened the mufflers, retightened...just to have it sag again a week later...I quite messing with it. The new clamps fixed all that so far and I don't believe they'll fail. I should have done this a long time ago, especially for the price point.

I think no one notices on the 2017 and older because since it's a single tip, if the muffler twists you can't tell.
I will have our lead techs inspect cars that are repeat customers when they come in & evaluate the clamps that were installed - to my knowledge & I have asked for an internal briefing to confirm - customers' cars aren't experiencing any of those issues.

I will wait for further communication.

Thank you,

TJ

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The proof we have seen is ... cars that are in the Steeda fleet run this H-Pipe, Steeda Performance Vehicles run this H-Pipe & all have used the existing clamps. Many of our customers that are local to Valdosta & do installs at our facilities aren't seeing problems.

If a customer is unhappy or thinks there is an issue, they will contact us. This hasn't been the case.

With that being said, I will provide your feedback & concerns to our internal departments for review - we appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards,

TJ
It wouldn't hurt to offer it as an upgrade. Put it in a drop down menu for options and charge a few bucks more for it. Everybody wins.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

I mean... customers are contacting you right here :) you cannot say that there hasn't been a case because case is right in the posts above. I've seen more reports on the same on this forum.

I have your H-Pipe and while I have not noticed any sagging problems yet, I would rather pay extra $25 for a more robust clamp upfront instead of sourcing it from Amazon and go through all the hassle of re-mounting the exhaust. I agree that drop down upgrade option would be a best solution.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean... customers are contacting you right here :) you cannot say that there hasn't been a case because case is right in the posts above. I've seen more reports on the same on this forum.

I have your H-Pipe and while I have not noticed any sagging problems yet, I would rather pay extra $25 for a more robust clamp upfront instead of sourcing it from Amazon and go through all the hassle of re-mounting the exhaust. I agree that drop down upgrade option would be a best solution.
I understand but several of them didn't use the provided clamps & have said there is an ongoing issue.

I completely understand the situation at hand & have made this thread clear to our internal team. When parts leave Steeda & are installed ... anything can transpire between point A & point B.

I have asked them to look into providing an alternative if needed for an upgrade to the clamps.

When you look at the track record of the clamps we have provided & installed ... it would be adding an unnecessary cost to a kit that has proven to be effective. If we offer it as an option/dropdown - then that is a different story.

I don't exaggerate that 1000s of these kits have been sold & are on the road - if we take (for example) 2,000 kits we have sold & divide that by the number of customers (in this thread + add 15 more that may or may not be out there) - 20/2000 ... that is less than 1% that have had an issue - several of those 20 customers have never installed the clamps, some have & found a slight issue, etc.

If you take the number of kits we have sold & installed on customers' cars In Valdosta & Pompano Beach, FL - controlling the installation - then that % is close to 0%.

Best Regards,

TJ

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I understand but several of them didn't use the provided clamps & have said there is an ongoing issue.
Sorry to have the thread go a bit off-kilter...

the reason I threw your clamps away is because I had the Ford Performance (nee Borla) in my other hand that came with my 'Touring' cat-back. Borla uses Torco clamps. I was about to pay someone to install the Steeda H and the exhaust, and wasn't about to downgrade my clamp selection. Especially since I had read plenty of reports on M6G about the clamps being troublesome.

Now back to your regularly scheduled 'mod' reports...

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to have the thread go a bit off-kilter...

the reason I threw your clamps away is because I had the Ford Performance (nee Borla) in my other hand that came with my 'Touring' cat-back. Borla uses Torco clamps. I was about to pay someone to install the Steeda H and the exhaust, and wasn't about to downgrade my clamp selection. Especially since I had read plenty of reports on M6G about the clamps being troublesome.

Now back to your regularly scheduled 'mod' reports...
I too am on the threads, all customers emails and "troublesome" is a very generic explanation. I just went through most of the forums and outside of people being concerned upon receiving them and not actually installing them - plenty of reports are just citing they upgraded for peace of mind.

Since their release several years ago- there hasn't been an outpouring of concerns or problematic issues that would warrant a manufacturing change in the product offering.

For the value and success - it continues to be a best seller for Steeda & we appreciate the Steeda customer base for supporting this product.

Might be available at a great price during our Black Friday Sale ;)

TJ

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
What is slightly modified about the H pipe?
Here is what I wrote on my build thread :

The H pipe itself was distorted a little (rocked when on a flat surface) and I was surprised how easily it was persuaded to go back to shape. Coupled with seeing a few threads on H and X pipes fracturing on the crossover (not specific to Steeda), I decided to correct the issue by making the full assembly as stiff / strong as the original suitcase resonator that it replaces by removing any potential twisting at the crossover. I am guessing that this mod may also help keep the tailpipes aligned a little better over time as the exhaust wont ‘relax’ in this area now ?

Paper templates :

4860-B965-D9-F5-4-EFE-A46-C-7849-FD79-BB5-D.jpg

2-CC10-E69-9-A99-4-ABD-85-F4-475-FDE2-C0-F12.jpg

Water cut stainless plates :

0-CA6084-A-2-F04-4963-AA00-85-C8-BA8950-ED.jpg

All finished, pickled and cleaned up :

DF1-F781-C-40-F8-4950-8-D67-5-F098-F2-E3-F3-F.jpg

B392-F833-2-BC1-4-FD7-A319-BCFF8-F7-A1035.jpg

And seeing as how clamps came up, here is what I wrote about them :

Just a note for the UK guys who are looking for better clamps :like:

I struggled to find the Norma / Torca clamps over here, but after a little digging :

https://turbozentrum.co.uk/Exhaust-...MI7r6PqsHh-QIVMFmkBB1gIwMgEAEYASACEgI5X_D_BwE

They only had one in stock, but they offered an alternative from 'Boost Products' :

https://turbozentrum.co.uk/Exhaust-sleeve-clamp-HQ-long-635-mm-BOOST-products

Turns out TurboZentrum was very close to my third office so I took a trip in to compare the products.

When we viewed the two products side by side we both agreed, one had defo copied the other. The design of the stainless clamp (even down to the keyways on the internal sleeve) was absolutely identical, maybe even from the same tooling. The only difference between them was the name stamps on the outside of the camp and the make of the bolts and hardware (although the design is the same with oval headed splined 10.9 bolts).

Some photos compared to the Steeda clamps :

1661452384606.jpeg

1661452421153.jpeg

1661452443433.jpeg

1661452464382.jpeg

1661452489207.jpeg

The Norma clamp was in 'Vibrant' packaging - I think that's the same make as the little muffles that get mentioned on here quite a lot ?

Note I am in no way linked with this company, just offering up what I found and giving the UK guys a potential option - BUT, when I turned up to check out the stock, there was a 17 mustang outside who belonged to the guy that served me. Nice chap, we had a good chat and he gave me a little discount on the sale, so that's a big thumbs up from me :sunglasses:

Since then I swapped the nuts and washers out for stainless - I used some extra deep nuts to suit the long studs and regain some strength from swapping the nut material :

1664833724208.jpeg

WD :like:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Just for unclarification, the Amazon clamp is 2.5 inch whereas the Norma Group lookup filter lists 2.25 inch clamp. The former would be correct.

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Here is what I wrote on my build thread :

The H pipe itself was distorted a little (rocked when on a flat surface) and I was surprised how easily it was persuaded to go back to shape. Coupled with seeing a few threads on H and X pipes fracturing on the crossover (not specific to Steeda), I decided to correct the issue by making the full assembly as stiff / strong as the original suitcase resonator that it replaces by removing any potential twisting at the crossover. I am guessing that this mod may also help keep the tailpipes aligned a little better over time as the exhaust wont ‘relax’ in this area now ?

Paper templates :

4860-B965-D9-F5-4-EFE-A46-C-7849-FD79-BB5-D.jpg

2-CC10-E69-9-A99-4-ABD-85-F4-475-FDE2-C0-F12.jpg

Water cut stainless plates :

0-CA6084-A-2-F04-4963-AA00-85-C8-BA8950-ED.jpg

All finished, pickled and cleaned up :

DF1-F781-C-40-F8-4950-8-D67-5-F098-F2-E3-F3-F.jpg

B392-F833-2-BC1-4-FD7-A319-BCFF8-F7-A1035.jpg

And seeing as how clamps came up, here is what I wrote about them :

Just a note for the UK guys who are looking for better clamps :like:

I struggled to find the Norma / Torca clamps over here, but after a little digging :

https://turbozentrum.co.uk/Exhaust-...MI7r6PqsHh-QIVMFmkBB1gIwMgEAEYASACEgI5X_D_BwE

They only had one in stock, but they offered an alternative from 'Boost Products' :

https://turbozentrum.co.uk/Exhaust-sleeve-clamp-HQ-long-635-mm-BOOST-products

Turns out TurboZentrum was very close to my third office so I took a trip in to compare the products.

When we viewed the two products side by side we both agreed, one had defo copied the other. The design of the stainless clamp (even down to the keyways on the internal sleeve) was absolutely identical, maybe even from the same tooling. The only difference between them was the name stamps on the outside of the camp and the make of the bolts and hardware (although the design is the same with oval headed splined 10.9 bolts).

Some photos compared to the Steeda clamps :

1661452384606.jpeg

1661452421153.jpeg

1661452443433.jpeg

1661452464382.jpeg

1661452489207.jpeg

The Norma clamp was in 'Vibrant' packaging - I think that's the same make as the little muffles that get mentioned on here quite a lot ?

Note I am in no way linked with this company, just offering up what I found and giving the UK guys a potential option - BUT, when I turned up to check out the stock, there was a 17 mustang outside who belonged to the guy that served me. Nice chap, we had a good chat and he gave me a little discount on the sale, so that's a big thumbs up from me :sunglasses:

Since then I swapped the nuts and washers out for stainless - I used some extra deep nuts to suit the long studs and regain some strength from swapping the nut material :

1664833724208.jpeg

WD :like:
NICE!! Those are some beautiful welds! Thanks for the info.

Entreaken

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 2017 Focus RS
Nothing....was planning to pick up the GT after getting a full paint correction, ceramic coating, and undercoating. The weather decided not to cooperate.

Also, if anyone in the Pittsburgh area is looking for a professional detailer, look up Next Level Detailing. You will not be disappointed. https://www.facebook.com/NextLevelDetailing412/

1668799808698.png

A picture from Next Level Detailing of the GT getting paint corrected.

1668800116547.png

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. It feels great, doesn't it?
It sure does! I celebrated by getting an e85 tune and a Dyno run to see the differential! She's a strong runner!

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Picked up a new set of ET Street R’s and the Boundry OPG’s for next race season.

DB700042-58DF-446E-861A-01EA79EFBD4F.jpeg

96275B26-5B8D-49DD-87DE-3D71AD297630.jpeg
Sponsored